DS is Trash Perk Now

I wanna swap it with usefull perk. Any idea for last perk? My build for now:

Iron Will + Spine Chill + Spirint Burst

Comments

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737

detectives hunch. Although I still use DS too, personally.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I'd keep it just incase you don't have a teammate using an obssession perk. In my experience of all my time in dbd, one thing has never changed. If a killer see there's no obssession, even if theres no reason to as they're already dominating, they will continuously hook the same guy to death. Just having an obssession logo can completely change how a lot of killers play, the threat of DS alone scares them into playing, you know, fun and dynamic.

I don't use DS as its always felt a little cheap, maybe I'll pick it back up again sometimes soon.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

I was not using DS boi and killer start chase me after i get save from hook.

But ye 60 seconds bla bla bla bla. Bye

• Northener1907

Yes that is! But killers mains happy because they can tunnel now. DS can give them just one stun and that is nothing lol

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

Change spine chill with resilience and a medkit. Much better. And also kindred is totally op. Allow only 1 surv to go unhook you, and you can see the killer direction when he hook someone.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

They'll argue its a "valid strategy"... Which, fine. Okay. But if a survivor is devoting a whole perk slot to protect against what is basically a band aid for a broken system, it should at least punish the killer for the playstyle its meant to punish.

Not to mention DS is a paid DLC perk. You shouldn't have to buy a DLC to play the game "normally". Just use any obsession perk and hope the killer doesnt tunnel? Most obsession perks are from DLC.

Current DS should just be a base game feature. Change my mind. You literally cant do anything to progress the game while its active anyway.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

From the start, it was a free getaway at any time. It wasn't even remotely related to anti-tunnel capacities until the last change, when they added the 60 seconds after unhooking requirement.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

It doesnt though. I've never seen a killer get hit by DS and stop tunneling. Why would they? Are they only realizing they were tunneling because they were hit by DS? No. They will continue to tunnel with or without DS. DS should make it harder to tunnel. It should activate off both hooks and hide scratch marks. Heck, give it a sprint burst effect to entice going for the unhooker. idk. As it stands, DS does not stop tunneling.

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

It’s not trash but not worthy of being a perk. It should be a built-in mechanic for survivors, considering tunneling is available in every match if the killer chooses to.

• They can't tunnel though. That's a lie. All you have lost is 1 minute of being able to do whatever you want with no consequence.

• Northener1907

I am playing both roles and as killer i dont camp or tunnel. But today i wanted to try tunnel and i wanted to see what will happen. I played 6 matches and i made tunnel so hard. And 6 7 survivors had DS. But this didnt stop me. Just one stun but then i started to run after them again. And they all died. Only one match i lost, 2 survivors left with hatch (they found key possibly in chest).

So DS is clearly weak perk and it is not stopping tunnel. So it is not anti-tunnel perk. They nerfed it but without any buff. If people call it " it is anti-tunnel perk " lets buff it for that. Make it perfect anti-tunnel perk. So everyone will be happy. If survivor wont get tunnel, surv can do surv goals. If killer try to tunnel him, DS will punish him hardly. But with buff ofcourse, for now DS is useless and weak. Dont waste your slot with that.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,764

Considering how you think it's OP give Kindred a shot.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Borrowed Time, unbreakable, adrenaline. If you want to go off meta a bit and are solo queuing you could try using bond.

I usually just default to kindred when solo but have changed to bond recently, but either will do.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789

DS isn't useless, it's only less-abusable by means of not able to work on a generator in front of the killer's face.

Don't worry, scratch marks now lead deep into rooms a running survivor didn't even enter. BHVR just can't give a killer buff without making something else more difficult.

• johnathonmo11
    johnathonmo11 Member Posts: 22

Don't work on anything or do anything for 60 seconds if you're really worried about being tunneled that much. Sure it's an inconvenience but if the killers are truly doing as you say then it should be no issue. Plus if a killer does decide to just follow you around for 60 seconds or anything like that then they are wasting their time which is the perk still doing its job. Even before killers could call DS a useless perk because they could just chase you and down you and leave you slugged which they can still do now. It's the same perk just made to where survivors cannot abuse the fact that they are untouchable if they have ds and unbreakable and do gens in the killers face

• Northener1907

Well it is not giving second chance. Because it is weak advantage. Killer is not losing any time. After stun he starting chase again. That is not enough punish for tunnelling. DS have to be more punish. But they nerfed it not buff, perfect.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,383

It is giving them a 2nd chance, because they got off your shoulder.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@Warphead

You can still tunnel a survivor even if they have DS. What is your point?

• Northener1907

Your teammate can save you with flashlight or pallet save. Or better if killer has not close hook you can save yourself. Are they second chance? No. They are just normal saves. And killer can get you down again. DS has to be more punish after this nerf. Because if you dont tunnel you will not punish. If you do that punish has to be more sadly for killer. For now DS is waste of slot. And i tried new DS as surv also as killer. DS is clearly killer side now because it is not scary anymore.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

DS offers the exact same protection as before, you just don't get to keep it once your free to do other things. Which if your free to heal or repair, it's not necessary anymore.

If your found after deactivating it then that's your failure to conceal yourself, not a failure of the perk. Killer taking the stun is them accepting to take another chase, one your responsible for escaping.

@SleepyWillo

The perk doesn't need any compensation buffs (still the same perk) anything more was/would be a result of flaunting the protection, just as taking actions shows your not in immediate danger of chase

• Shirtless_Myers
    Shirtless_Myers Member Posts: 370

It doesn't deter tunneling. A 5 second stun once isn't going to stop me if I want you out of the game. It's garbage because it doesn't do enough to warrant a slot. DS needs a buff in some form that is in line with anti-tunnel.

• CyperX
    CyperX Member Posts: 103

Bond , Alert , provethyself. Sprint burst or Dark Sense for me.

• KittenBee
    KittenBee Member Posts: 35

Killers will tunnel anyways because they don't have the skill necessary to not rely on a dirty play. Sure it's a valid strategy but when killers go against SWFs they can't understand why it's not working because it doesn't build their skill as a killer. Half my matches today the killer tunnelled. Killers are always gonna do it. Doesn't matter if you have DS or not.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Why is it a trash perk?

• WandersonNasc97
    WandersonNasc97 Member Posts: 1

I Cannot understand why they want to destroy this game. Ds is a only way to escape from tunneling and they nerfed this perk. I really don´t undestand why. But I'm did very sad after this atualization.

• thisrandomguy
    thisrandomguy Member Posts: 142

If ur getting tunneled then run DS. If its as useless as you make it out to be clearly you arent getting tunneled to make use of its uses right?

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Yeah, it doesn't stop tunneling, but it helps against it. Stunning the killer with DS and having them continue chasing you benefits your team, giving them more time to complete objectives.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Borrowed Time, it wan actually save your ass more than DS does. At least in my opinion.

• Northener1907

Because it is, let me explain.

Old DS was also not perfect perk but 60 seconds protection was not bad. But it nerfed now. Now if you wanna protection you have to be useless.

And people keep saying it is anti-tunnel perk. No! It never was anti-tunnel perk. Because if killer tunnel you DS cant punish him. Killer will get just one stun and that is nothing actually. If i get out one survivor i will take risk and i will get just one stun for 5 seconds. And then i can keep chase and kill this survivor. If we wanna this perk really " anti-tunnel " it need buff now. Make stun time longer and make killer blind and make it for all hooks. And then it will be really anti-tunnel and killer will get punish for tunnelling. If killer wont tunnel perk will be useless, so fair. And if survivor do gen, heal or another stuff that mean surv is not tunnelling and surv will lose ds power for this hook. But for now it is just forcing you to be useless. And i saw so many killers just acting like leave and when survivor start something coming back to tunnel. Killers abuse it now. So that perk is waste of slot for now. If tunnel problems get more they will need buff it.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

Survivors shouldnt need a perk to combat a health issue with the game, survivors shouldnt need to equip a perk to specifically combat a d*ck move by the killer.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

Ive always hated the concept of ds from a survivor main perspective, never really used it, survivors shouldnt need to equip a perk to combat a health issue (tunneling) that shouldnt exist in the first place but it does because killers choose to do the d*ck move.

Its funny how killers who tunnel defend themselves by saying you should equip "ds" a perk that will most likely be a waste of a perk slot now.

The perk was very abusive and powerful, now it is garbage, but never used it anyway so it doesn't affect me that way. But all killers are tunneling no obsession lobbies now and its ridiculous.

• Northener1907

Killers shouldnt need a perk to make gens slow, they have to trust themself. So why most of killers using Hex: Ruin?

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

If you had Sprint Burst in your build, DS was useless even before nerf.

Killer rarely tunnel off hook if you sprint away.

And you already have 3 strong ass perks, 4th could be anything.

This discussion has been closed.