The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Decisive strike is not supposed to be used as a crutch

When I became a rank one killer I realized how decisive strike can be a wasted perk slot in the wrong hands. 

I would laugh at people who used DS and I would down them again 5-10 seconds after I recovered. 

Youre supposed to make the killer chase you for an extended period, use decisive, and go on just as long a chase again to receive the full benefits of the perk you know what I mean? 

Comments

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

slrrp exactly why it is a crutch perk (agggh I hate typing that) decisive is a recovery perk, if you fail the chase you gain a second chance to do what you failed, and most recovery perks are crutch perks, without the perk you are nothing like self care, EXAMPLE: I am forced to play other survivors till my feng min has selfcare, I need selfcare to help me win matches and I will lose still in higher ranks due to small terror radius killers with nurses

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Usually decisive strike people get downed when the killer uses enduring since they almost never have a chance to even really recover after they stun the killer. When a killer doesn't use enduring it's usually then when decisive strike gets (possibly) a lot of value.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    FeistyFem said:

I'm always surprised at the hatred for DS. Usually I see the obsession go down, DS, then get downed again all withing 10-15 seconds. Its very rare for me to get some looping beast on my team.

50/50 but that's a problem too. If you play survivor you don't feel the urge to get good to hit high ranks and find these people. As killer you're pressured and every mistake have an huge impact

One of the reasons I play mostly survivor, open yt, do gens do totems, maybe a couple of loops and 360 if the killer can't handle them and survive

Just because someone use it poorly for being bad doesn't mean the more experienced players won't abuse it
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Ds users are usually boosted and have insta-heal or adrenaline 50% of the time

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@michaelmyers87 said:
    When I became a rank one killer I realized how decisive strike can be a wasted perk slot in the wrong hands. 

I would laugh at people who used DS and I would down them again 5-10 seconds after I recovered. 

Youre supposed to make the killer chase you for an extended period, use decisive, and go on just as long a chase again to receive the full benefits of the perk you know what I mean? 

You do realize that DS is probably the only reason why they are rank 1? I mean 5-10 secs..... :lol:

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    I see this a lot when I was playing killer with ds users. They get downed really fast for being stupid with it. However their are really good survivors who can extend the chase way past the time you downed them which is really bs. Last week I used this perk at the coal tower after my first hook and already running the killer for 2 gens. I was able to run him for another gen, escape the chase and heal, then get found almost right after the heal and ran him around intell a survivor opened the gate and I escaped.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Master said:

@michaelmyers87 said:

You do realize that DS is probably the only reason why they are rank 1? I mean 5-10 secs..... :lol:

I only used it 6x testing it out then another 5-6x trying for her achievement then not since.I can get to rank 1 without it just fine, it might take me a bit longer. But I also am a horrible looper as well so I don't have to depend on it if I wa a good looper.

I'm more of the sneaky stealthy type that drives you nuts looking for them and sneaking around being very very qwuiet. Although my sneak kills are harder now because i've not run UE in months now which makes the stealthiness more rewarding if pulled off.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,144
    edited November 2018
    If you can extend the Chases without Ds prop to you for that. I'm the type to run no mither and hope not to be found within the start of the game