The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Giving up on hook

The_Krapper
The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

Since the All-Kill chapter was released ive noticed an alarming amount of survivors at red ranks just immediately struggling and giving up on hook, anyone else noticing this? Solo q of course

Is it because DS got nerfed? Ill admit I've seen alot more tunneling recently due to matches not having an obsession but this is kinda crazy literally the last 8 out of 10 matches I've played has had at least one person immediately give up and some having two give up or DC

Comments

• Fantasy
    Fantasy Member Posts: 451

The new pallet stun bug might have something to do with it.

• The_Krapper

Yea solo q is a nightmare right now , if my peeps aren't online I'm playing something different because there's no point in trying to play a normal game when half of my team rips the plug out of the wall with only one gen completed

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I've seen killers playing more unfairly so that might be it. No one wants to stay in a match with no obsession.

• The_Krapper

I'm starting to think that as well but the bad thing is that if this continues the devs will almost surely do something to compensate for the change , it may not be a revert but it will probably come in the form of a new perk that is insanely strong or a new type of mechanic , you can't have all the deaths I've been seeing recently and it not skew the data and I know I'm not the only one noticing it

• Komi
    Komi Member Posts: 364

Every match since update, if I down a survivor at the very start of the round, they will either just outright DC or suicide on hook, even as Trickster of all killers. I don't know why, but its a trend that just popped up recently and reminds me of how matches used to be before the DC Penalty, so it's quite nostalgic.

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674

Ds isn't abusable anymore so many survivors feel like its not worth it to run anymore. Since they aren't running it there's no obsession in the match and that is a clear indication to the killer that they can kill survivors faster. Everyone killing themselves on hook shows that they relied on an unfair perk to play the game and now that they cant they want to ruin matches for their teammates.

• The_Krapper

This is absolutely true I can attest that half of my teammates just give up every game now and make it a 2v1 , I'm not playing solo until these people phase themselves out its ruining the game for me

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,730

The problems with pallets and rift challenges are likely the biggest culprit. That and a certain unwillingness to stay and fight it out.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

Cause matches are even more toxic for Solos? Most Killers already hopped back onto their sweat mains and are taking out their rage on lobbies now. Since so few run DS now, any match without it quickly turns into tunneling and camping. It's not fun. It's annoying.

Just shows why such a obnoxious perk existed in the first place as well. Killers falling back on the tunneling crutch already. DS needed changed, but camping/tunneling is still a major problem.

• Hektic3000

At what point is it "tunneling" and not just the killer playing the game? The killers only goal is to hook and kill survivors, stop acting like im deviating from that goal or being toxic just by doing my job.

• VexTheHex

It's clearly broken and often used for toxic reasons or for easy wins. Tunneling and camping are as fun as old DS and Keys. Stop being biased.

• Hektic3000

I'm not being biased, you explain to me how i am. Any of the survivors can stop camping by bringing borrowed time or even for the people so there are options to save camped teammates. Many survivors don't want to play like a team and instead bring perks that only affect themselves.

• VexTheHex

Oh yes, exchanging who's on the hook is really going to turn things around!!! Lol

• Hektic3000

Yeah cause then if you're optimal the killer has to go through 12 hooks to kill everybody lol. If you throw ds into the mix then the people coming off hook can force the killer into another chase so long as they can hit the skill check.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Healthy Survivor with BT makes the save, now both require 2 hits to be hooked. They run off and split up. No matter which one the killer chases, it's just extra time for the other 2 who aren't involved to do gens/find totems. It's only an exchange if you make it one.

• Baby_Victor
    Baby_Victor Member Posts: 486
    edited April 2021

Survivors are just going through a new stage where they have to evolve. Problem is many are trying the other tactic of throwing a tantrum and refusing to play the game.

Sadly, BHVR will probably cave to survivors before they let a small portion of them grow up, in fear they might rage quit for realz.

Personally, I’m a Killer main for several years (everybody max level with all perks) who is only now trying out playing survivor exclusively. I just played for 2 hours at yellow rank.

No more suicide hooks then normally seen this week and honestly, considering all the level 20-16 rank killers I faced (who I thought would be naturally more territorial and tunnel happy) have actually been pretty lenient and forgiving.

Nobody face camped.

This phenomenon feels more like a red rank thing. Like all the red rank killers who’ve been chained down by an OP perk are letting loose and playing a lil old school.

Hopefully people can mellow out and killers can go back to playing more chill or survivors can start taking note of Killers new favorite tactic of the month and respond accordingly.

• TDK
    TDK Member Posts: 8

You got it right. I don't use DS so i don't care about the nerf. But Soloqueue is often Bullshit. The Balance of Killers goes toward SWF.

So if i realise this round will be sh't from the beginning, im out. I wont waste my time playing a boring, unfun Match. I don't care about deranking. I watch some Videos or write some stupid Forum Posts like this one, till the next match starts.

And no, im actually a pretty decent Player, im not just ragequitting.

But if a Killer for example, destroys the match by immediatly camping the first hook, why even go on. There is no more game in Soloqueue at this point. He will play like this the whole match anyway, no fun in that.

There are also pretty good matches, good chases, clutch endings, matches that are fun even when i don't get out. So it is possible in Soloqueue.

But they are becoming more and more rare man...

For me it just shows the state of the Game. I think after this Rift i again will quit for a while.

• Raja
    Raja Member Posts: 319

If it's a huntress getting bs hatchet hits or most of my team are on death hook and no gens done I'll do that.

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 669

i don't seem to notice this happening as much whenever i play demo (and only demo, who else do i play LOL)

i DO notice, however, that people tend to disconnect randomly during matches mid-chase, out of nowhere after having not interacted with anything, or a minute or two after they die to death hook. i have a feeling that there's probably some bugs going around that definitely influence survivor disconnects more than the DS changes.

i'm not sure if this is a connection instability type of thing, or if people get stuck in pallets, etc.

i'll have to report back to this thread in a bit. x)

• sesawyer3127
    sesawyer3127 Member Posts: 342

Its so bad now I have had players suicide on the hook as I am coming for them and they are not in struggle,,,they are just outright quitting. Makes no sense. Of course, that is after others just DC because they are downed the first few seconds of the game. I dont get what is going on. Then I depip or lose rank because of that game and it is not fair by any stretch. Is it a bunch of babies playing or some form of protest I dont know,,,either way it sucks and the main reason why I play way less than I did in the past.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I haven't noticed an uptick in the number of selfish bad sports; to me, the numbers seem about the same. People who suicide on the hook don't do it in some idiotic, silent protest over DS. If that were the case, they wouldn't not play in the first place. The "fall on their swords" types are just losers who bail the moment they don't get a perfect start or something doesn't go their way. They appear to not care (or even enjoy) leaving their fellow Survivors to rot. Some of them even do it with the idiotic notion that they are punishing the Killer. It suffices to say that DS isn't part of the calculation.

• sesawyer3127

See this is part of the problem,,,good players are NOT playing solo survivor so what is left are the crap players who are going to quit and suicide on the hook. Then we have the swf players who run around t-bagging and doing stupid stuff in games so when the killer gets to my solo match they are good an pissed off so they tunnel and camp.

• SpitefulHateful
    SpitefulHateful Member Posts: 278

You still get your win and points. Why do you care?

• sesawyer3127

As someone who just started the game three months or so ago, I can tell you when I was in the teen ranks there was almost no camping or tunneling going on. In fact I had no idea what that even was until I got into the purple or red ranks as a solo survivor. Now tunneling and camping happens every damn night. It IS the reason why you have crap survivors DC'ing and suicide on the hook. Which seems to defy reality because shouldn't you be better at a purple or red rank killer or survivor that you should survive a chase,,or in the obverse, not need to tunnel or camp? Yet, I see that and am thinking about doing what a player did and said in a game the other night that I didnt understand until now. He said at the start of the game "I am trying to depip, you are warned". I didnt get that until now,,,maybe he was depiping and de-ranking to get back to those yellow rank games where none of that crap happens??

• sesawyer3127

This 100 percent and those who lie and say this isn't happening more and more are either playing swf so that doesnt happen that often or the ones (Killer mains) doing it.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

People have been complaining about survivors giving up/suiciding on hook since before the All-Kill chapter. It hasn't increased, just wanting to put blame on DS nerf. It's like when crossplay was introduced and pc started blaming console and vice versa for things that have always been complained about plenty but saying it was now happening more and the other platforms fault.

• VexTheHex

You're assuming the Killer isn't going to smack the person making the saving which likely leads to them being downed in the same area.

Also assuming all 4 players are playing optimal and there isn't someone wasting time with totems, chests, doing tomes, etc.

Yep. I find it funny many Killers on here act like it's not fair for them to face SWF squads playing optimal and want more relaxed matches, but then they also support camping, tunneling, and slugging matches in which often punishes and pushes away the casuals and solos. I've Kobe'd a fair amount today as it was a very tilting day from both ally survivors and killers being obnoxious. I wasn't having fun and kept hoping for a better match, but it wasn't happening.

• AsherFrost

Just as you made the assumption the killer would be able to down the rescuer.

But sure, let's say he gets the hit off, with the codown for any successful m1, he's not likely to get the other unless the Survivor potatoes it up, so there's 1 Survivor who would take 1 hit to down, or he could go for the more difficult down at that point if he wants to tunnel. Still the same time for the other players. This doesn't require perfection, just the base level of competency one would expect from a player who had a few months experience.

• VexTheHex

You smack them, they finish the unhook animation as you do your weapon wipe, and now you're on top of them for another M1 easy squeezy. That's ignoring killer powers. Camping and tunneling require very minimal effort to make the game miserable for the other side. Only biased players think it's fair or fun. It sucks and drags the match down. Just like old DS, just like keys.

Sorry, not everything the Killers can and have at their disposal is healthy game design.

• AsherFrost
    edited April 2021

Or you go in with 2 healthy Survivors.

The best parts of this game, to me, is outsmarting the other team and making them rethink their strategy. That's what makes Survivor fun for me, and definitely what makes killer fun. There are a thousand ways to accomplish any tactic, some just take more thought than others.

For the record, and in case looking at my post history isn't worthwhile to you, I play the full game, not just one half. I am and have consistently been against camping. I agree it's a boring brain-dead play for the killer, but it's far, far from unbeatable.

• Hektic3000

That's what i love too but many times the other side doesnt want to adapt and get away with the same tactics they always use.

• VexTheHex

Just about anything takes more thought than standing at the hook to re-down the rescued or get a down from forcing a unsafe rescue. Yes it feels amazing when you get the save from the player playing in such a ill manner, but it more often than not turns bitter as people merely exchange hooks or the rescued person is tunneled through another hook.

You also got the Spirits, Blights, Billys, and Nurses that just dash off to dash straight back when the unhook happens. Those are always fun to. I'm so sick of Blight on Shelter Woods.

Also I am avid solo player when I play Survivor. I'm in the genre of Survivors that Killers want in their matches, but they also tend to make the experience as awful as they can cause they use the SWF squads as an excuse to abuse the rest.

• AsherFrost

If the devs can properly implement sbmm in this game, I believe that is a problem (much like facecamping itself) that will work itself out. People will either adapt or be stuck facing other potatoes, on both sides.

• AsherFrost

I love facing blight. Damn it's fun to make him speed by you.

• The_Krapper

I'm not blaming the nerf I'm fine with it but I feel like my teammates when playing solo just totally throw the game now when they get caught and it was never this bad before for me , maybe it's just a bad couple days not sure but it's #########

• AsherFrost

It's what happened the last time DS was changed, possibly aided by the new killer damn near having to hard tunnel to get a kill (from what I hear, haven't played him yet as I'm stuck with my switch right now and have the shards for him on my xbox). Give it a week or so and it'll be back to normal.

• VexTheHex

I hate Blight. I hate that map. I hate that map with Blight. It's like his perfect map, and I got him on that map THREE TIMES today. Like how I seem to roll going against Billys on corn maps making gens a nightmare especially if he has Tinkerer. But when I was trying for Adept Blight, it was Lery's and The Game. I did get Shelter Woods once, best aide I could ask for. Not sure if I got it there though... cause I'm really bad at Blight... needed potatoes and a easy mode map.

• AsherFrost

We've all got that one killer we hate playing against, for me it's Ghost face. I never seem to spot the shady bastard before he's exposed me. For maps? Midwitch. I hate it as killer, I hate it more as Survivor. Even if I get a win on that map I still finish somewhat annoyed.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,860

That’s solo Q for you

• cburton311
    cburton311 Member Posts: 407
    edited April 2021

If the killer demonstrates that he is willing to proxy camp or tunnel, I have no qualms about suiciding on the first hook. I concede that it ruins the game for the survivors that remain, but honestly, thats behaviors issue to solve. I'll give it 2 or 3 games and if they are the quality that I have been experiencing i log and do something else. shrug Dev's don't have to fix it, but i don't have to play it either.