What makes Wraith so fun to play as and against despite him being weak?

Yords
Yords Member Posts: 5,781

I really enjoy playing against Wraith and as him even more, especially since he got that mms buff.

What's funny is that I got a really good game with him and then a really bad one after lol I got a 3k but hooked my first survivor at 1 gen, sad times. It proves that he still needs work done.

Anyway, what makes him so fun to play despite him being weak?

Is it because of his simplicity, his playstyle, or his ability?

Comments

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Not too sure myself. In the past, when he was REALLY bad I saw him as an underdog type. Sort of like old Freddy where to play well you really had to try your absolute best, and even then it might not be enough.

Nowdays I think he's a solid mid tier. He isn't amazing but in the hands of a good killer he can do some damage.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

What makes him fun is how fast he is when cloaked and how simple he is you turn invisible and that’s it. It’s so much fun to sneak up uncloak hit someone then turn invisible and surround that guy and down him Wraith is very fun because of how quick and sneaky he is

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

His simplicty is nice and he i a killer that doesnt need much thought. Thought he isnt really weak anymore after his buffs

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

I kind of enjoy playing as wraith but quite a lot less versus him. I don't find facing him as interesting when compared to more chase focused killers. But that goes for me with all killers who are mainly M1 based with 115%.

• katapad
    katapad Member Posts: 55

I think it is really by his design. He's a simple killer - power is simple to understand from both sides. From the survivor side he's not overly oppressive and has counterplay - you can see/hear him within a certain distance and gives a warning when he's using his power. From the killer side, he can easily cut distance between himself and survivors on chase initiation and has huge mobility around the map without needing too much practice.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

I think he is a little OP when he is using all seeing blood, but he is also underpowered without it. There’s no real happy medium when it comes to him, but regardless as a killer he’s very mid tier. There are a lot of killers that are more annoying to go against.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

He's a simple killer.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

I enjoy the mobility. I usually play patrolling killers, I spend lots of time jogging around. Playing Wraith or Legion is sometimes fun just because I can zoom around for a change.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

i like him cuz he doesnt kill an entire loop by clicking m2. other than that, its pretty lame seeing him uncloak in front of you.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Maybe it's just me, but I find Wraith boring to play as and especially unfun to play against.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Successfully super-lunges is where it's at for me.

Successfully sneaking up on them, uncloaking the first half behind a wall, then showing yourself at the same moment as the Wailing Bell does the first BONG, and then just FLYING off towards your target.

There's nothing like it in the game for me.

I enjoy me a Spirit & Doctor & Oni, but this is just MMM!

And maybe the fact that he was always somewhat weaker than others is what enticed me as well.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

For me it's the combination of simplicity and the mobility

You run from place to place, find people, uncloak and chase. Rinse and repeat

I play Wraith when I just want to have a chill game.

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

Wraith is one of those killers that is only as weak as the killer player controlling him. That's the best way to put it. He's not Nurse, or Spirit, but he can stomp a decently skilled team if done correctly.

• Yords

You aren't really supposed to chase as Wraith though, if you think you are going to have to go into a normal chase, it is better to just switch off to another survivor and sneak up on them for the initial hit.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

He's pretty straightforward, goes fast and can get close to survivors without immediately being obvious about it at times.

As someone that pretty much just wants to chase people as much as possible he's just.. nice. Can often start a chase close to survivors, and can go faster than default while moving around the map as well.

• Yords

The chases you have should be short if you are able to play correctly, keeping your encounter with each survivor short.

• baseballfan4877
    baseballfan4877 Member Posts: 364

I wouldn't say he is that weak. he is low middle tier id say. But i love his new mobility (with windstorm base). His lunge out of stealth is awesome. He has some awesome addons. No terror radius means you are usually attentive at all times. Wraith is one of my favorite killers atm.

• StreetRat115
    StreetRat115 Member Posts: 54

I like zooming through the map, and also might be a hot take but I don't think wraith is as weak as some people say, he has very good pressure and if you play hit and run you'll always be injuring survivors. The add-ons that affect the bell like bone clapper are fun to use because they throw off survivors, and also since I play hit and run and I'm very fast killer save the best for last is great because I'm always gaining stacks