Done buying rift pass

Options

The newest rift pass has me stuck on the red glyphs as survivor. I stopped playing killer because it wasn't fun playing cheap to win and now only play casually as a killer. But I can never find these things and when I do I can't get them without dying. I'm the lowest I've ever been on a rift pass because of it. I've never cared much for the pass before, but I am done buying them for sure now. How do you all feel? Previous passes better? Like this one?

Comments

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 942
    Options

I only did the Red Glyphs as killer, and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was much easier, and less stressful. as killer than survivor.

As for comparing this rift to the previous ones, I think this one actually has a less bad grind than the last two, although it could still be better.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

I just wanted that Yui skin that came out. It is so cool.

• NoObzBoiYT
    NoObzBoiYT Member Posts: 198
    Options

I got like 3 challenges left before I’m out of challenges to do and I’m only at like 58. I’m just going to afk as killer and afk farm the rest of the rift pass. ######### game with ######### battle pass.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Perfect.

This also applies when you start going for Adepts.

A complete waste of time.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,248
    edited April 2021
    Options

Fun fact - I just finished this and I'll let you in on a secret. Survivors who aren't even doing the challenge can use your glyphs - It's happened to me several times right in front of me. So this is probably why you can't find your glyphs is your teammates are eating them at the start of the game.

I don't know whether this is intended or a bug but it was tilting when I found out trying to figure out why 10 games in a row I couldn't find one.

• kucerka
    kucerka Member Posts: 186
    Options

I stopped buying rifts few rifts ago. It's a complete waste of my time and in the end, the cosmetics aren't that cool anyway.

I rather be playing Apex and Rainbow Six and Ill be srill sblr to finish both battle passes in those games without any grind amd still have enough time to play DBD.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited April 2021
    Options

I don't play any other game which utilities a pass (not a huge fan of online pvp), but I have seen others who do so.

The progression for basic play is much more rewarding than DBD. And the rewards? In comparison they're far better.

This is why the Rift pass is such a pile of hickory-smoked butt slop.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    Options

I only want that Yui charm and Yui head at level70. Now Im stuck with grinding.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

I had no trouble finding/interacting with the red glyphs. As for the Rift Pass - Yeah I bought it, but I also know I will finish it in time and will get all the available auric cells back.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    Options

The red glyphs thing was kind of weird, but whatever. Also this rift doesn't have very good things in it? I bought it out of habit, but I'm not very impressed.

• Florin
    Florin Member Posts: 65
    Options

I feel like they give us for 10€ and a lot of work. The only items you will enjoy are the new skins, not useless recolours. But it’s still worth buying cuz you get expensively skins for just 1000 auric. Anyway dbd “battle pass” is poor af. I mean look at fortnite (no I am not playing that game anymore, I used to play it in season 2-6, before it started to be full of cringe childs) battle pass. They should make it easier to be completed, much much easier and it should last like 6weeks. Every week we will get challenges that will allow us to get 10 tires. And we will still have to play some games for the last 10 tires.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

I doubt it. I have never had a problem on any of the challenges finding glyphs. It really isn’t that hard to do. A lot of people are working this challenge at the same time so if people could steal my glyph then I wouldn’t have been able to find them 6 games in a row. You probably just saw them find their own glyph and so you gave up looking for your own.

• Jakojo
    Jakojo Member Posts: 214
    Options

I only get a rift pass when I like any of the cosmetics (usually if they have stuff for Jane, I'll snag it). Lately the passes have been lackluster with the cosmetics you receive, and compared to other games this pass takes WAY TOO LONG to complete. Other games like Apex/SMITE I can play the game & still do rewarding challenges that take a game or so if I feel like and still complete the pass. In this game I'm constantly gridning for challenges like "cleanse 20 totems" when that will take at least 4 games and give only three shards.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

I'm not doing this Rift seriously for sure, there's no Wraith stuff on it.

• getuy45u4iu
    getuy45u4iu Member Posts: 93
    Options

I wish there was more killer challenges to reach level 70 by just doing only them. Now I’m also thinking to stop buying rift pass since it forces to play a lot of survivor which I don’t enjoy that much.

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589
    Options
  • Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,248
    Options

Nah - I asked

If I can memorize the location of all totem spots then glyphs shouldn't be an issue since they're in obvious spots. It's just survivors occasionally eating them.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

I'll be curious if I get through it all. I thought for sure my three week break would snap my Rift in half but I'm chugging along pretty good in the Rift.

Right now, I still get it because I get the points for it each time (so I get the Rift "for free"). If I ever hit a point though where I won't get through the entire Rift and get it again for free, I'll likely never buy it again. The cosmetics are kind of neat I suppose but I have no real burning desire to have a bunch more of them...

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,925
    Options

I would never buy the pass if there was a chance I wouldn't complete at least 75% of it, so I usually wait until I already have done before buying it.

• Cancan71
    Cancan71 Member Posts: 709
    Options

Yeah the rift grind is what puts me off doing it. I haven't bothered with the previous 3 tomes they released.

Hopefully next season makes the rift pass fairer, as it seems they're reducing the grind a bit according to some, umm, "forbidden knowledge" on certain dbd subreddits.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

I only buy the pass if I like the cosmetics. There have been a few where I thought most costumes were ugly or boring so I didn't bother. What seals the deal for me is that you get your money back in auric cells anyway so even if the cosmetics are ok it's worth getting for me.

• lostboy
    lostboy Member Posts: 89
    Options

I played the game of grinding the rifts. Completed & paid for 3. I started to resent the game and felt frustrated because of the time consumed to level up. In the end I was exhausted and haven’t played the game in 6 months or so!

• DrVeloxcity
    DrVeloxcity Member Posts: 301
    Options

I bought the first 3 then I stopped because I didn't like the cosmetics enough that were coming out. I may have liked one set but liking one thing out of the entire rift didn't justify spending $10 and grinding for a long time just to get them.

For example I really liked that Jamaican Adam outfit.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,547
    Options

I only buy them if I finish them. That way I get them for free. Paid for rifts 1, 3, and 4 so far, still using the same cells. I would like to get this one since I really like a couple of the skins on the paid track, but I'm at 55 right now with only a handful of challenges left, and Monster Hunter Rise is taking up a lot of my gaming time right now (no complaints there though). Grinding to the ends of rifts 1 and 4 both prompted me to take a break from the game, so I'm completely fine "missing out" if it means I'm enjoying another game.

• MedicSpirit7
    MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689
    Options

Glyphs are so easy for me I just run into them as I’m playing

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

We have 6 battlepasses so far and we still don't have the ability to equip both a killer and a survivor challenge.

As a player that loves to play both sides it's incredibly annoying.I often times just forget it until i'm already in a lobby.

Why does BHVR hate simply but important QoL changes like this?I just don't get it.

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 666
    Options

Won't you get banned for that? I have seen a report option for it.