in my rank 1 killer games i've noticed many survivors aren't running DS anymore

Options

there's WAY less DS in the survivors builds, they still run unbreakable which is fine but the fact this combo is pretty much gone feels so good, I don't tunnel more than I did before, but just the fact it happens way less than it did before feels amazing, my killer experience improved since the nerf, I don't play like a ######### and tunnel every survivor, that's not how you stay rank 1, but just the fact it'S way less likely to eat a DS because you down one hook one come back find the unhooked when it's the only one you saw and not get a DS feels good.

Comments

• hardtimefun
    hardtimefun Member Posts: 293
    Options

well it's normal it did increase since there's no fear or being punished for it, but if survivors play well and the killer play well too, there shouldn't be any tunnel, tbh if i hook a survivor at the same time they unhook the other survivor and see both with BBQ, if they go in different directions I go for the injured obviously, but if the unhooked run away and the healthy come towards me, I obviously go for the healthy, that's how i've always played, you either protect the one you saved and I don't focus them, or you leave them be and so I "tunnel"

• Alex_Splicer
    Alex_Splicer Member Posts: 122
    Options

I had a Nancy actually use the "nerfed" DS on me, it was the end game and I just got through hooking a Bill; she popped out of nowhere and scared me so I knock her and my instant reaction is to pick up.

She hit me; gave Bill BT - Bill bodyblocked for Nancy.

They both got away, and I as a killer player was actually proud to see it used properly.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

The only people that are annoyed at the change are the ones that used ds as an invulnerability perk to sit on gens and get saves in your face. The ones that actually used it to stop killers actually tunneling them still use it.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,183
    Options

I have seen rank 1 survivors use DH and sprint burst together... like what??

They loved meta perks so much to this extend lol..

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438
    Options

Tunnelers gonna tunnel. Must be nice having easy matches from now on.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

People can't abuse it, so they don't run it. Mostly because the best defence against tunneling is to slam the gens.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    Options

i mean its still a goodperk, i dont think ive ever seen a person give up on tunneling because of ds tho

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,600
    Options

I am quite sure that more people will use DS in the near future. It has happened before that something that was commonly run before getting nerfed was not used after a Nerf - e.g. you did not see any Spirits after they nerfed her Add Ons, but only for a short period of time. The only time where DS was not really useful was when they added the Unhook-Requirement and the stun was 3 seconds, because 3 seconds of stun was not enough to be useful at all.

I personally run DS, just to make sure there is an Obsession. And got to use it quite a lot already, because Killers obviously try to tunnel more, because thats what they usually want :^) Also got Salt two times because of DS already, guess I am a toxic Survivor Main for trying to survive now.

But I had to equip Object when using my BP-Offerings on the new Survivor, because nobody else was running Obsession Perks for two games in a row, so I needed to create an Obsession (was the only Obsession-Perk I had). If I think about Killers on this forum saying "Run another Obsession-perk then if you want an Obsession", the Killers I faced were also not happy when I did that.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,100
    Options

Well for myself don't do any "scummy" tactics as killer but that won't help you since I am only one of few and even only a occasional player.

But survivor also could've not play full Sabo squad during the dark ages of dbd where you hooks and trappers traps could be destroyed permanently. (A point where I think killer learned how effective mass slugging really could be -.- action and reaction and the consequences)

Sad to say both sides are guilty of abusing stuff in the game and noone will stop if the want to do it since online anonymity makes behaving like scums save in the internet, be it in games, on forums or anywhere where there is no punishment like against hate crimes, racism or extreme cases.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

Obsession perks are weak usually. That is why people are not using them. Maybe OoO is good but so many people scares from this perk

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,288
    Options

I actually use it more than I used to, both to make an obsession appear and because I've personally encountered more killers that just insta-pickup regardless after downing someone off hook. I guess it's because I never really "weaponized" it but I probably get to use the perk in a higher % of the games I have it equipped than before lol.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    edited April 2021
    Options

Funnily, yesterday i had 3 killers complaining about gen rushing, while they just tried to tunnel and we got the heat of the tunneld survivors, even though it was in solo queue, and only one game involved a 2-swf.

And dont get me wrong, i dont use ds anyway, but i stil think the change went a little bit too far.

one of two things will happen: Gen rush increases, and people get better at looping because they have to, and/or survivors learn how to better cover each other. Or, finally, swf just increases. I will play swf more often now, if the opportunity arise. And thats only indirectly connected to the ds change, because its a result of more killers tunneling.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

I never used DS either and I agree it was a little too much. Old DS wasnt that good at anti tunneling, it was good for survivors who played aggressively in SWF.

New DS is still not good at anti tunneling, and now with no obsession in a lot of matches killers will just 90% of the time.

• Marigoria
    Options

Using perks is being greedy now lol I hope this is bait.

• Marigoria
    Options

Make kindred basekit then so I'll use DS on a perk slot. What's the problem?

• Profezia
    Profezia Member Posts: 673
    Options

How's that related?

You're crying about increase in tunneling.

There's a perk that makes tunneling harder.

Use the perk.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793
    edited April 2021
    Options

I assumed (and currently I assume that...) when I see one Dead Hard, it's a perk you bring as a survivor when you want to perform, and if you want to perform you bring a sh*t load of other meta perks.

And before, it was super easy to know if someone had the ""classic"" unbreakable/DS, the surv was playing like a d*ck head, just unhooked, injured, but working on a gen in front of you. And that was horrible.

I'm a killer main, and DS has to be addressed. And it is done, and damn, the killer life is soo much healthier. You see someone on a gen, you can safely chase him and hook him.

BUT, when I play survivor, I have to say that there is a lot. A DAMN LOT of killers that now is just chasing only 2 people until one of them is dead. Yes, talking about tunnelling two survivors is kind of weird and seems troll. You chase the first survivor, hook him, and find another one, hook him, and next you search the first one, hook him again, then search the second one [...]. That way you kill someone the faster possible. In some extreme cases, the killer just stopped everything the second the first guy was unhooked.

Because as everyone knows, DS is not that used, and the survivor, if he had it, has probably done something that deactivated it. But at the moment it's legit, you know the killer is chasing someone, how could you know that he would instantly stop his chase to come back at you ?

This is where the DS nerf / the absence of Obsession show up a problem :

In red ranks, killers know that tunnelling someone out of a game is the more efficient strategy to start the game. So in some way, we're back at square one : we have to run DS, and/or play immersive as f*ck to survive more than 1:30 if you're the first chased.

DS now is perfectly balanced, I think everyone would agree with me about that here. But the power to just be able to play the game has not to be a perk. Imo the current DS has to be a basekit thing, like struggling to be able to get out of the killer's grasp, like be able to try to self unhook. These are mechanic that let survivors have a chance if killers are greedy (wants to bring me to the other side's hook of the map ? nah) or if you're unlucky (unlucky if no one is able to unhook you, you can try the 4%). And DS would extends, somewhat improves that mechanic, for example, by increasing the timer value, or increasing the stun, or giving you a +7% haste effect during DS timer,......

I may be a killer main, but I'm a convinced one that hard and unfair tunnelling has to be punished basekit.

• Profezia
    Options

That's only one meta perk brought back on the ground.

Imagine if they addressed other overused perks.

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509
    Options

Yes they really need to address ruin, noed, bamboozle, haunted, corrupt, tinkerer, pop, infectious.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
    Options

good getting tired of all 4 survivors using DS while working on gens

• Profezia
    edited April 2021
    Options

>ruin,

addressed twice, got a bunch of indirect nerfs.

>noed,

addressed twice, got a lot of indirect nerfs with an addition of antitotem perks, has an insane amount of counterplay.

>bamboozle,

needs no fixes, because without it some killers would be unplayable, especially on certain maps.

>haunted

Is that really a problem?

>corrupt,

a minor inconvenience, usually a waste of a perk slot to make survivors spend additional 30 seconds to find another gen

>tinkerer,

problematic only on a few killers and only with pop, perhaps needs some addressing, though it is fine overall.

>pop,

got addressed recently.

>infectious.

not problematic, can be avoided.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Options

That's the thing, People think that people now tunnel more since the DS nerf but that's not quite true.

Tunneling has increased since now nobody uses the perk.

If people kept using it, people would still refrain from tunneling.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,366
    edited April 2021
    Options

This so much.

"Oh killers are tunneling so much now."

"Ok run DS so they don't, just like before. It still hits tunnelers"

"No, it got nerfed so it must be bad now."

Essentially what's happening. I just find it funny that before the nerf "oh I got DS'd" was met with "don't tunnel", now it's "it never helped with tunneling." It seems to just be a loud minority complaining thankfully.

• PodgeNotRodge
    PodgeNotRodge Member Posts: 478
    edited April 2021
    Options

It's no surprise. Every red rank killer I've faced has just tunneled and slugged with Star Struck. Not much can be done. DS is beaten exactly how it was before (quite easily infact). Only now, survivors are more screwed. So yeah. Not much can be done. Glad I've just stopped playing this game tbh. Every update something more retarted comes out. Worst thing is, ive also noticed killers nodding up and down to survivors like they need instant gratification for beating their dick to the DS nerf cause now they have 0 concern to it now and its them saying "We've suffered. We deserve this"

• Mugombo
    Options

Imagine actually replying to each one individually 😂 it was a joke, this just proves how ridiculous you are though.

Also DS was changed multiple times before, did that mean this change wasn’t needed either?

• Profezia
    Options

"Imagine actually replying to each one individually 😂 it was a joke, this just proves how ridiculous you are though."

Imagine using imagine when you have nothing else to say or saying "iTs a jOkE" when you see you can't win the argument. That's pathetic tbh, but thanks for proving me right by not arguing, since usually I have to waste time to prove fanatics something.

" DS was changed multiple times before, did that mean this change wasn’t needed either?"

First change was a nerf, yeah, but then it got reworked into 2019 version (and also buffed heavily, like stun increase and removed enduring interaction) which got nerfed just recently.

• Mugombo
    Options

You clearly don’t understand jokes and sarcasm. Take a deep breath and relax, go outside and enjoy the sunshine.

Being a DbD killer isn’t a way of life, you’re allowed to view things from other perspectives.

• Profezia
    Options

You're dismissed by facts and logic and now you're trying to keep your face by being a cheap joker. Lmao

• Mugombo
    Options

Nothing was dismissed, you clearly couldn’t tell that my first comment was a joke and I was being sarcastic. And now you’re still arguing over a joke. Stop taking this game so seriously. Live a little

• Profezia
    Options

ah, that old kid's excuse when they get called out "it was just being sarcastic"

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

DS was strong for its aggressive strength, not defensive strength. If a killer is hard tunneling you DS is a minor setback. You'll still most likely die. For aggressive bullheaded plays that wouldn't work in any other situation DS was king.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

It's kinda weird to not hear the Obsession noise every single trial anymore.

I love it.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

Survivors are just throwing a tantrum. By not running the perk it somehow tells the Devs they over nerfed it.

DS still funtions the same as it did before if the killer is tunneling. It will come back into high usage.

• Mugombo
    Options

I mean anyone with more than 3 brain cells could figure out I was being sarcastic. But nah you’re clearly right, keep following that way of life. It isn’t easy being a DbD killer