Can you imagine a world without SWF?

Options

Comments

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
    Options

2 player SWF is fine.

4 player SWF is overkill and very unhealthy for this game.

and considering 4 player swf is a "minority" then removing 4 SWF wouldn't really affect the game, right?

• Lord_Tony
    edited April 2021
    Options

nah without SWFs then killers would be balanced to be fair to solos.

the only reason nurse and spirit aren't getting nerfed is because of SWF and the devs know by nerfing those 2 right now it will cause a huge uproar in the killer community and SWFs will go unmatched

Devs can't balance killers around both solo and SWF it's not possible.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

No I can’t.

Playing Killer would be boring and easy.

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714
    Options

The game needs to be balanced for solo, just then they can start nerfing survivor even more

• Lord_Tony
    Options
  • miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    Options

I'm new, can someone explain SWF? I know that it means Survive With Friends, but why is there so much hate towards it?

I don't have a dog in the fight, I solo the game. Am I incorrect in understanding that SWF is a self-contained group of four buddies versus their fifth friend as the killer? Basically a private lobby? That's what I assumed it was. OR, are you saying that SWF means that groups of numbers up to four work together (through Discord in particular, I'm sure) and take on random, unrelated killers, thus coordinating in a way that makes the killer's life much more frustrating?

Or is it something else entirely?

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399
    Options

What people dont understand is that not all SWF's are problem. Some of them that abuses comms are problems. I am playing with my friends and we barerly use comms and at most of the matches we dont use comms. Even if we use it our win rates not changed cause we do not tell each other where we are, what we are doing and where the killer is. Then there are other SWF groups that abuses the comms which are problem. I will give you an example for that:

--I was playing Ghostface and as you can imagine stealth is important for me. One of the survivor had the perk OOO(Object Of Obsession) and she told my location to all of his friends which they all escape cause there is nothing I can do againts 4 man that knows my exact locations. Even I managed to hang all of them 2 times.

Some of you will say this is not a valid example and I would tell them this. Imagine a killer and 4 man survivor. 1 survivor can see killer but she cannot tell others. And killer can see all 4 survivors exact locations and what they are doing. Imagine facing a killer like that would you play that game?

This kind of SWF groups are the problem in my opinion. I met with random people from my solo queques and we are entering with them sometimes as groups. We dont talk perks, killers and offering and etc... Everything is random yet still we won and even we use comms results are mostly same because we use comms for basic stuff like "Ohh it is X killer"," Ohh no we are in X map" , "Dude look at that cosmetic" and so forth.

People can play with their friends and that is fine. Only problem is some people abuses the oppurtunity of the comms and ruining the killer's gameplay just like my example I gave. If you can minimize the information and only playing your game with fairness SWF is really nice and I definitelly supprot that kinds of groups because this groups will fight armed to teeth for their friends unlike in solo where people left the others if the situation turned to sticky. If you abuses comms, meeting at the corner of the map where killer has no idea and normally you shouldnt meet in normal game cause you are not organized and etc... are bad for the killer side and that kind of SWF gain unfair advantage in my opinion and destroying the killer's gameplay. I can not tell how many matches I lost because I injured them all and they meet at a secret location where they all heal and they dont use the perks like Empathy and etc... just with comms.

Overall SWF is fine unless they really abuses the power of the comms to gain huge information which normally they should not be in their normal gameplay.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,288
    Options

I find it kinda hard to imagine as that would require BHVR being completely lost and ignorant about how "modern" (as in... post 2006-2007 at the latest, lol) multiplayer gaming works. And that doesn't sound like a company that manages to make a successful game.

• Lord_Tony
    Options
  • KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

It'd be a very dark world. I'd certainly play a lot less DBD if I couldn't play with my friends. It'd be a pretty bad concept for an online multiplayer game. Would probably move on to Among Us or something.

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384
    Options

Without SWF the Game Will be dead in a few weeks, that is true.

But with the amount of bully squads and toxic premades that we can found every day, Killers leaving the Game and long queues for survivor, the Game is dying anyway.

But BHVR just dont want to Nerf premades because is the gold mine

• Breque
    Breque Member Posts: 427
    Options

No, just think an little bit more

If an 2 SWF have more friends they are all gonna slowly stop playing the game

• Lord_Tony
    edited April 2021
    Options

Welp guess what.

3-4 player SWF is the minority of the player base.

So it's not going to kill the game when they leave.

They'll come back to the game eventually anyways when they realize their little boycott didn't work.

2 player SWF is fine

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119
    Options

Long survivor queues will tell you that most trolling swf already ran of most of the killers that would have stuck around

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

/s? this game isnt balanced around voice comms. everybody knows that. This isn't minecraft and stop pretending playing with your friends in dbd is fine

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

Obviously it is not fine, but you can't just take it away since that would take away a huge part of the player base. The game is already in a very stale spot right now, taking away SWF would just take another fun thing away.

• Lord_Tony
    Options
  • Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839
    Options

SWF can stay. I just want Behaviour to then buff solos up to their level, so they can finally start making big balance/gameplay changes. Gen rush, camping, slugging, hooks, and tunneling will never be addressed in a big way (adding perks doesn't count) until they no longer have to balance for two very different survivor standards. 4 solos not running kindred and 4 person SWF teams with voice chat. You simply can't balance a game like that.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

SWF isn't the problem, it's the fact that devs don't balance around it.

Make proper matchmaking so that solos can face off against good killers, define win conditions to both sides and make ranking work around them, give solos more information and communication to bring them to SWF level, balance all killers to be able to deal with strong survivor teams.

Without SWF, DBD wouldn't be doing half as well as it does, it's important part of the game. Devs not wanting to balance around it is the problem, not SWF.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

So, SWF is not fine and something has to be done? But devs did nothing for 4.5 years

• Lord_Tony
    Options

because now there is no SWF meta people gotta learn how to solo

SWF is a crutch

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

In case you didn't notice, there are many players who don't like solo because of poor coordination. Solo play is not that great either when it comes down to it.

SWF is not really a crutch, just people playing with their friends.

• GamerGirlFeng
    GamerGirlFeng Member Posts: 277
    Options

It wouldn't matter. So many times I've been solo and was accused of being in a swf. Some people can't accept that they're not as good as they think they are. SWF is not the problem. People will just find something else to blame their losses on.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
    Options

SWF is fine, it's the people in the SWF that ruin the fun, doesn't matter how many there are.

Punishing everyone because a few people are asshats is overkill and would ruin the game

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Options

The game would die and killers would all be extremely OP

• Hex_Husband
    Hex_Husband Member Posts: 119
    Options

No. And I don't want to.

• leafninja
    leafninja Member Posts: 123
    Options

I'll answer that question. Honestly it a 50/50 win rate for me cause I dont care for a 4k. To me a win is 2k or more. Plus I like having fun with the survivors and scaring them.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Thank you, you are the first. And I respect that you play to your own win definitions, I do now as well. I also respect those that want to sweat their asses off, but I find many of those are the ones that come to the forums and cry about how strong swf is because they lost a game or two. It always makes me wonder , if they are here complaining , are they losing often?

Thanks for the reply, I agree with you, fun is more important to me than any arbitrary number of kills or escapes.

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352
    Options

SWF as it is shrinks the killer playerbase though, it's a double edged sword.

It's one of the main reasons why nobody wants to play killer at night (at least in EU)

Everybody wants to play in SWF at the cost of waiting forever in lobby simply because it's more fun, easier and less stressful to play.

• Lord_Tony
    edited April 2021
    Options

right keep telling yourself that when comms exist.

Especially 4player SWF using OOO

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Do you not understand how atrocious solo q can be?