Would you like FNAF in the game ?

Options
Zesty
Zesty Member Posts: 380
edited February 2021 in Polls

So everyone what are your thoughts on FNAF being in the game. Spring trap is the obvious winner when it comes to who would be the new killer IMO. He's an icon in the FNAF series, has a literal decomposing human body twisted within its parts (HORRIFYING) and basically had the soul of a twisted man controlling him, so yeah I think it would be a great killer. Unfortunately the community for FNAF has made the game seem really childish because the sequels after Scott's departure from the series have all been basically kid friendly. However his games were far from kid friendly imo, ESPECIALLY FNAF 4, that game scares me to death, and I'm 17 šŸ˜­šŸ˜‚. Anyway no fighting in the comments just want some constructive criticism on why you think this is a good or bad idea ā¤ļø

Spring trap was a sadistic child murderer before the spirits of his victims manipulated him into jumping into the Spring trap suit, as he died inside when he thought he was protected in there. Suits entity to me ? What are your thoughts on FNAF possibly being the next chapter? With regards to the teasers on Twitter.

EDIT: If you put NO - EXPLAIN WHY PLEASE

ANYONE THINKING IT WOULD BE CHILDISH, WATCH THIS SHORT VID ON THE LORE AND HOW IT IS NOT! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrOf16MsWJk

CMON IT HAS TO BE UwU

Would you like FNAF in the game ? 112 votes

Yes! I would love FNAF in the game!
23%
WhaleBlubberMiriamGthen4321ElikFerixstarCornpopers_EvanAGMNullclinesFrostySealKazimNeaMainNoobTotemsCleanserBirdFloxFobbobubbabrothaTheUndeadKingBrequernissilleZestyGannTM 26 votes
Nope not a good idea šŸ˜”
40%
White_OwlGibberishSeiko300TapeKnotDimekHoodied[Deleted User]RullisiTaigaUistreelShapedDetailedDetrimentRoboMojoLordRegalGhost_Face_MainTatariuIsJustMeMetaDethMadLordJackChurchofPig 45 votes
Wouldn't mind it tbh
28%
WoodywoolVolantConch1719IrisoraFog_KingBlazelskimusstang62KeezoMrPenguinSillierHorizon5PlantCollectorHappstatenoresax[Deleted User]Awkward_FiendnotstarboardJay_WhyaskBoostedKateMainMrGimmsYouTubetheman43megswifey 32 votes
Would like it but not sure how it would work?
8%
AdelooGeneralVIcecammanshitmanKarao_KedjmeghanClownIsUnderratedBaxesimpforfelix 9 votes
Post edited by Zesty on

Comments

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399
    Options
    Wouldn't mind it tbh

Nearly perfectly balanced, as all things should be...

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options
    Wouldn't mind it tbh

Almost what the one above said.

• BirdFlox
    BirdFlox Member Posts: 27
    Options

I'd love to see it happen, though this kind of poll is a bit overplayed at this point.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Wouldn't mind it tbh

I'm not a FNAF fan personally, but any horror franchise is bound to bring in new players and that's a good thing for the game. Provided the killer's fun to play as and against, why not?

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    Options

I think there should be an awnser in between 'no' and 'I wouldn't mind'. Although I'd be disappointed with it, especially that I'm not a fan of the game, I wouldn't go to the extent that many others have in the past to quit.

Regardless, Scott did say he had no plans for crossovers this year, although he is known for his trickery so maybe we will have one. Additionally, I really can't see the devs adding a killer so controversial.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

I just could never get into fnaf. It felt very overhyped to me and boring. Id rather almost any other horror series in over it tbh. Just wasn't scary and more annoying than anything

• Sowbug
    Sowbug Member Posts: 139
    edited February 2021
    Options

That is true. Almost every game in the franchise was composed of having very little in terms of new gameplay, and more often than not, they had a strategy that worked 100% of the time even if RNG was involved. The exceptions to those to would be FNaF1, and Pizzaria simulator (Edit, and Sister Location, but that's a whole different story). Those had stategies that would require you to change your play style over the course of the game. There wasn't one working strategy. I think the killer would be interesting, anyways, and I understand why people don't or wouldn't want it.

• NOEDaddy
    NOEDaddy Member Posts: 93
    Options

I kinda like the FNAF gameplay but I donā€™t think they fit in here. BTW The Legionā€™s skins look like them so idk

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031
    Options

I've played the games, and do enjoy them a lot. Having Springtrap be in DBD would be interesting, they just have to figure how in the world they would make an animatronic killer work. Maybe they could also bring in Balloon Boy as well, because anyone who's ever played the second game know how annoying that prick is.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Wouldn't mind it tbh

I wouldnt mind it but i probably wouldn't buy it.. im not a fan of the games neither played it, i had to google what fnaf was.. šŸ˜‚

Didn't recognize that acronym, but of course the series.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    edited February 2021
    Options

I'm not entering the love/hate part of the community towards FNAF.

I never played the games only really enjoy watching playthrough and got many scares from it.

I think it would be a cool addition to the game if it manages to bring that level of not feeling safe at any moment and get a jumpscare at the other. I honestly don't know what the power could be but just hope that next DLC will be fun to play and to play against, with good perks that will shake the meta a bit and characters with cool voices and nice cosmetics !

• R_A_V_E_N
    R_A_V_E_N Member Posts: 30
    Options

Springtrap would fit, not only is it just unnerving having something for kids try to kill you, but William Afton killed several children, and the entity takes the worst of the worst to sacrifice the survivors, I don't know what the power would be, but he would definitely fit into the roster of killers we have already.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,056
    edited February 2021
    Options

No, I think FNAF is goofy as hell and not scary in the slightest. I also really cant imagine how they could make Springtrap both faithful to his character mechanics, and not be pathetically weak in the context of DBD, and if you dont stay accurate to the character, why even bother including them in the first place?

• Kazim
    Kazim Member Posts: 229
    edited February 2021
    Options

I never play fnaf I think is for kids, but if this has many fans in DbD I receive your chapter with many pleasure the fan trailer looked very good

• Zesty
    Zesty Member Posts: 380
    Options

The licensing agreement could have been made a while back, so what Scott said could be irrelevant :)

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

I don't think BHVR can afford any more backlash right now, it was chaos when people kept posting about FNaF in this game and clearly we got an answer

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options

Absolutely not, I don't think a FNAF killer would fit in with the other killers.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options
    Wouldn't mind it tbh

There are other licenses I'd like to see before it, but I certainly wound't mind getting a FNAF chapter down the line.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

In a very respectful way, I don't think this would work and it doesn't fit in with DBD.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074
    Options

People need to understand that it simply doesn't work. I mean it can but then it'll just be a discount version of a few other killers but in 1. No one wants that. The only thing that fits is the lore and kind of design but characters like Springtrap do absolutely nothing in the games except for jumpscare you cheaply which doesn't scare anyone after the 10th time in 5 seconds. What would they do?

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options
    Wouldn't mind it tbh

I wouldn't mind having a FNAF chapter, really. It is a franchise that is known by a lot of people, could bring in new players and we don't have a killer that is similar to the FNAF killer, so it could be a good idea.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Yeah this is what kinda has me torn. On the one hand I think the lore sounds interesting but the game itself isn't that good to me. It would feel like they sold out to the younger crowd just to put fnaf in. Id rather them just do their own thing though and it could totally be fine as a similar idea. I could also see them adding a map similar to it as well

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

I don't even think it would work without completely disobeying the lore and physics of the FNAF universe. If you look at an animatronic, they can't move. 4 survs; 4 animatronics. The killer couldn't do anything. FNAF wasn't particularly interesting anyway. Aside from Stranger Things, it seems the licensed chapters have just gotten worse, reaching an all-time low with A Nightmare On Elm Street.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Although I dont love the implementation of it, I do like freddy being in Halloween is the best imo. Stranger things and saw just dont fit really to me

• DetailedDetriment
    Options

Yeah, but Freddy is another chapter that completely went against the lore and physics of Freddy's dream realm so he could be buffed. That's the only gripe I have with the changes tbh.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Yeah I can agree with that. I also hate that they didn't pick Nancy as the survivor rather than Quentin (who i honestly don't remember in the movies and I've seen all of them).

Ghostface was cool but I wish got a survivor. Ash I wish had a deadite as well. Saws survivor was okay but id rather have one of the guys from the first movie. Pyramid head the main character in silent hill 2 would have been a better choice.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

Another thing to mention about FNAF is that the character designs would need to be heavily altered to fit into DBD. FNAF has a really unrealistic artstyle, almost cartoonish but not quite, while every other lisenced character comes from either live-action or games with fairly realistic art directions.

James would have made sense, yeah, but BHVR was going for a sort of "best of" thing for the Silent Hill chapter.

A map from SH1, a Killer from SH2, and Survivor from SH3. I think that's fine.

• IWasLeft2Die
    edited February 2021
    Options

I never got to play much silent hill. Id love a remake of them but I doubt they will do it. I tried to go back and play one of them but it was roughhhh. I know the most about James in large part because of having a similar last name and got curious about him lol

• DetailedDetriment
    Options

Quentin is one of the protagonists of the reboot film. Hey, once we get babyface Quentin, he'll be precious.

Ghost Face would have gotten a survivor if the Scream license holders would cooperate. Unfortunately, BHVR only ended up working with Fun World, the owners of the Ghost Face masks.

I'm actually surprised Ash didn't get a killer. Ash was the one character Mathieu really, really wanted in the game, so I expected him to go all out and get Ash, a killer, and a map.

I never really got into SAW, but Gordon would have been a much better choice than Tapp.

Aside from PT, I don't know anything about Silent Hill other than its legacy, so I can't give my thoughts on it.

• TheButcher6641
    TheButcher6641 Member Posts: 252
    Options
    Wouldn't mind it tbh

I mean the fnaf games aren't particularly scary apart from cheap jumpscares but really neither is dbd. It's more about the idea of implied horror aside from actual horror and fnaf isn't a bad franchise, in fact it's quite enjoyable and popular. Besides if dbd allows a stranger things chapter, which I personally was quite unhappy with, I see no reason why they can't allow a fnaf chapter.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Options

Definitely yes. Springtrap would 100% work in DBD, the other animatronics are goofy looking but Springtrap isn't at all. And even though the FNAF games rely on jumpscares, that does not mean that Springtrap is only capable of doing jumpscares and nothing else. Anyone who is acquainted with FNAF's lore and what William Afton has done throughout the series knows that Springtrap is capable of so much more.

(Also, facing ninja Myers is, to me, one of the most fun things in DBD, and it's 100% jumpscares. So even if jumpscares are a bit dumb, it's not like they completely ruin the game or are incompatible with it. I've mentioned ninja Myers because he's the most jumpscare-inducing killer imo, but Ghostface, Pig, and silent bell Wraith can also fit here, as well as any killer running any perks that make them undetectable or that make you oblivious.)

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

Its best not to think of it as a horror game. Im a big fan, and even ill admit that the game isnt scary. Its a strategy/rage game.

• JayTheEntity
    JayTheEntity Member Posts: 8
    Options

im kinda getting sick of licensed killers. i feel like we have enough already, and if we do more, it will completely ruin the point of the game. it is supposed to be original and fun. also, the entire thing of FNAF is that they move when you arent looking, and im not sure how that would work.