Do you think slugging is fine?

Options
WishIcouldmain
WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Yeah personally I think so. A killer who slugs for the 4 k immediately yeah he's annoying. But when they need to or it's the best option I think it's fine I prefer it over getting hooked. But what do you think?

Do you think slugging is fine? 102 votes

Fine
54%
White_OwlGibberishSeiko300GHERBEARRULESFennTapeKnotmaaadinsomniacLeonardo1itamusstang62ElikMrPenguinUistreelAvilgusFerixstarGeneralVDBD78tenoresaxCornHubNullclinesDarkMagik 56 votes
Depends
42%
JesyaAdelooZarathosDr_TrautsDimek[Deleted User]Aven_FallenFog_KingTurtlesrockRullisiTaigaPlantCollectorIcewhisperGrim_GrimzAwkward_FiendMadLordJackNeaMainNoobAzxx93SheepOfGodtheman43 43 votes
Lame
2%
Ranger_939emofriendoHerachi_Sakura 3 votes

Comments

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    Options
    Fine

If it wasn't fine, there wouldn't be perks on it for both sides (Knockout, Deerstalker, and to an extent Infectious for Killer) (Tenacity, Unbreakable and Flip Flop for survivor).

It is, however, a dick move to slug early on in most scenarios, although fine if survivors are nearby.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Fine

Why is it a dick move to slug early? This doesn't bother me as survivor and I wouldn't shy away from it as killer. It's just usually not the best play unless you know where other survivors are.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    Options
    Fine

Obviously, our opinions may differ, but I just find it boring to be slugged for a minute or two early into the match when my team isn't remotely close. That doesn't mean it needs to be changed, but as a solo player its definitely something I hate to see, probably because I can't communicate to tell a specific one to pick me up. I probably should run Unbreakable but the situation seems too rare for me to use it.

• Micheal
    Micheal Member Posts: 288
    Options

Ya for flip flop people like all be happy if you slug me

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Depends

This is more a general dbd thing but if its 5 or 4 gens and your rushing to end the game by slugging up the entire team I don't understand why? Once your capable of slugging the entire team and your 4 or 5 gens up there no reason to push to slug everyone. You have to really mess up to lose from that point. But ya general slugging is definitely important for generating pressure especially if your playing a low mobility killer. Its a good habit for killers players to recognize the insta pick up isn't always ideal.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options
    Fine

I'd rather be slugged than hooked, killers slugging me instead of hooking me has allowed me to escape more alot of times.

• Lunarknight
    Lunarknight Member Posts: 29
    Options
    Depends

If 3 or 4 gens go yeah slug but you shouldn't slug in the beginning in the match it ends i quick and l love a long and difficult match

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options
    Depends

Slugging late in the match, ok, I don't have a problem with it, but when it happens early, like even before a single gen is complete, I hate that. You downed me, hook me already and go after someone else, don't just leave me on the ground bleending while everyone else is fixing or doing something else.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Fine

Fair. I guess I'm usually happier about not being hooked that it doesn't bug me so much to be on the ground! It helps too if slugging me was a smart play from the killer, because then I totally understand it.

I think the one time it really annoys me is in solo queue with a Knockout or Hex: TTS build, because then I'm usually getting repeatedly slugged and my team takes forever to find me again.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Depends

Overall its fine but I think because I'd hate it as a survivor I try not to slug everyone. I still do if needed though. There's nothing wrong with it but I avoid it if possible

Post edited by IWasLeft2Die on
  • DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options
    Fine

Is doing gens fine? I mean it's a part of the game and killers should kill and survivors should escape. That is the game.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Options
    Depends

really depends on the situation :

• 2 dead / 2 alive : slug to get 4 K when you don't have any idea the last one is = LAME
    • 2 dead / 2 alive : slug to get 4 K when you see scratchmarks around and know you'll down the last survivor fast = FINE
    • slugging to avoid DS if survivors played really altruistictly and unhooked in your face on purpose = FINE
  • MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options
    Depends

Snowballing? Great, that's how trials should be won or lost. 3-4 person slugging with IF on Nurse? Third seal and Knockout? Not so much, there needs to be a defence to having most of the team on the ground for extended periods that isn't a perk.

• e_j2007
    e_j2007 Member Posts: 130
    Options
    Fine

yeah ill slug if im using some one like oni if i feel its the best option

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,643
    Options
    Depends

For Map Pressure? Sure.

To BM? Nope.

For the 4K? Cant be asked to do that.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Options
    Depends

If you're slugging because you have somewhere to be or there's another survivor within eyeshot? That's perfectly fine by me, you're just doing your job. As long as you actively progress the game by slugging than I think it's fine. Just try to not let anybody bleed out.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options
    Fine

I honestly don't care if a killer slugs me, I have never had a problem with it. I would only be upset if the killer slugged everyone and didn't hook them.

• JayTheEntity
    JayTheEntity Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Fine

as a boosted survivor main, i can understand that it is a strategy and is not really toxic. now, if you camp the downed survivor, thats a bit toxic. but if you use it as more time to get other survivors(especially if they are the final two) i think it is a legitimate strategy.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options
    Fine

Absolutely yes, slugging is a key element in the killer's arsenal of tactics. People who complain about it are just entitled imo.

• pigsaag
    pigsaag Member Posts: 206
    Options
  • Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options
    Fine

If someone wants to play that way they can. Sure it isn't to fun to go against but it doesn't happen that often and I'd rather just recover and go on my phone for a few mins if no one picks me up instead of being upset about something that's not going to change. Plus unbreakable exists.

• fatbabyslayer
    fatbabyslayer Member Posts: 105
    Options
    Depends

I mean sometimes its not scummy but I try not to slug as much as possible... but sometimes they push me into a corner where I really have to slightly slug then complain in post chat.