Why are the survivors being punished for AFK killers in a way?

RyRapsYT
RyRapsYT Member Posts: 299

When there is an AFK killer, you get practically no blood points. They need to make it where if the killer is AFK for a certain amount of time, they are removed from the game and the survivors will get points for escaping. It's very boring to play against AFK killers.

Comments

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

Last night I was afk like Myers and it feels good.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

While facing an AFK killer, I get away as soon as I can. Some emblems criteria are dependent on time spent in a match and there is always the risk of them running NOED + Bloodwarden.

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806

I'd love to see your team composition (Keys, BNP, Coldwind offering, etc.) + Survivors ranks compared to Killers before I cast judgement.

With the abysmal state of MMR, I don't blame Killers for occasionally going "Nope" in games.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 753

It’s hard to judge why a killer is afk. I’ve played matches were I’ve been matched up against red rank swear squads and their smurf account as yellow/green rank killer.

if their fun is bullying baby killers then they can move onto the next queue and I shouldn’t be punished for being forced against them when they are trying to rig the system.

also as killer, I’ve depiped quite a bit from survives dcing at the loading screen.

if they can fix that and matchmaking it would solve a lot problems

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

They already changed it so that killers can no longer get chase points if they're AFK.

The problem with removing a killer from the game for being AFK is that it could mess with killers doing certain things like using Insidious to pounce on survivors who roam into the basement (they have to stay still otherwise their TR comes back) or killers who are waiting until after the gens are done to utilize an end-game build.

• sleepy_knight
    sleepy_knight Member Posts: 117
    edited April 2021

I had an awful AFK wraith round a few hours ago. Only 2 BP offerings, 1 single medkit. No object, 4 unique survivors, no Claudette. Map was corn tho.

Edit: ranks: killer was 6, survivors were 4,6,6,9

• 2bitfeller
    2bitfeller Member Posts: 77

*obvious 4 man *key and map *haddonfield offering *OoO teabagging at the start " why am I being punished for afk killer :'( "

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Eye roll.

You get to repair to your hearts content.

You can get extra lightbringer points for opening chests and opening gates.

Totems contribute to boldness.

Being in the basement contributes to boldness. As do hook sabotages.

Just finish so you can go into the next match ASAP.

Can we stop the whole “if other side blah blah, why are we pUnIsHeD?!” nonsense?!

• sleepywynd
    sleepywynd Member Posts: 118

Killer's afk? Go earn a couple bp like a guy above mentioned, won't be as many as a 4-iridescent game (duhh), but it's quite a bit still. Also, how in the world would you fix this? "Oh he dced so now you get 1m bp". If a survivor is afk it doesn't give the killer hardly anything compared to what's possible.

It's boring to play afk people at all, which is why they get removed from the match after just a few minutes.