why is depipster so slow when throwing knives?

Options
Lord_Tony
Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

I don't get it, why does he have to be so slow to throw some weak ass knives?

a survivor can run around me with a tree and I'll never get close enough to hit them with these ######### knives.

fix this ######### already

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Do yourself a favour and write 1 thread about all your issues with him. Also why are you so persistent on playing him if you struggle so much with him?

• Lord_Tony
    Options

BECAUSE I WANT TO PLAY HIM

why is he so ######### weak

• Phasmamain
    Options

He’s weak because the devs played it safe with him. Having a full auto ranged killer could quickly become brainless and way too strong.

I agree he is very weak right now but I’d rather they release a weak killer as opposed to an OP one

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360
    Options

I agree, they played it safe and they will buff him later. This is basically a collab chapter so they didnt want to go too crazy with him. Although I believe making an OP character they have to tone down is better than an unbearable killer they need to buff badly.

• Lord_Tony
    Options

nah they played it too safe and this is just sad

this shows they don't care about killer role

• Phasmamain
    Options

I feel like with his whole power concept it could get out of hand very quickly. Since he has 60 knives it could come to a point where it is old legion and you’re just guaranteed to die eventually

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360
    Options

I agree but assuming they took a more OP route, I could have seen him maybe working different but much stronger. I agree though if he was like he is now but very strong it would be intense lmao

• Lord_Tony
    Options

the fact his main event is so niche and I can't save it is probably the biggest flaw to his character

why?

who comes up with balance?

• Phasmamain
    Options
  • tak47888
    tak47888 Member Posts: 125
    Options

Devs are super scared to release strong killers cause they fear the backlash of survivor community. What they tend to forget about is the killer's level of fun. If a killer is simply too limited in his power to be viable (depipster, I like the name because it's true), playing him ain't fun and equals self-torture. All these movement speed restrictions and cooldowns make killer gameplay feel awful imo. Doesn't matter if they will buff him (in two years), he will always be remembered as the weakest trash can of all times. Not viable at all, don't know who is responsible for releasing him in this state. I am just glad that I did not pay any money to behaviour for the last two chapters (which were bs, let's be honest).

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,006
    Options

This isn't true considering a couple Chapters ago we got Blight who is considered to be a top tier killer.

Twins while more controversial is also really strong when you commit to slugging and camping as that is what she excels at.

Trickster is an exception as even the weakest killers currently in the game have a power worth using and viable against average survivors.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

cause he sucks and I guess the devs were terrified of making him too strong or something

• Lord_Tony
    Options

blight is a bad example.

they ######### up his pov for so long.

his pov was shorter than his actual model.

so survivors can see you but you can't see survivors.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

His knives actually become alright if you can aim and when you know your distance, a perfectly aimed barrage can down a survivor in seconds, faster than Huntress or Deathslinger ever could. Main Event could be better al though catching a survivor out positioned is almost a guarantee'd down.

I have put many hours on Trickster and I'm starting to think he's not as bad as people make him out to be, the problem with him, is he needs to work hard and doesn't get rewarded as much as he should.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

That is a terrible design philosophy. Its harder to add to a killer kit then nerf elements post launch. Do you know how long it took for them to finally fix freddy now its likely well be waiting a similar amount of time because of course behavior (tried) to sell us a weak poorly designed killer. They should have taken way more risks and pushed his power level.

a. this is his release first impressions matter do you think it wise for killer diversity to be hindered by awful, terrible, abysmal first impression. There going to be a lot of people who will skip this killer entirely now that they played it too safe or have heard the disastrous launch because the hypes gone and likely a lot of people will associate him with being a crap tier killer.

b. When a new chapter of dbd hits people should be seeing more of the new killer because that's what a lot of survivors and killer players are hoping on to see. If they come back to dbd and its the same crap people are going to be disappointed and bounce off the game.

c. Immediate buyers remorse imagine putting your faith in behavior buying the chapter and having you experience be utter trash. How is that healthy going forward. From a business perspective this is a disaster. They just eroded the loyalty of there customers and these customers are gonna take less chances on buying new content.

I went out of my way to support behavior before but this fiasco after the twins has made it clear they are more interested in pumping out low quality garbage then actually putting in any effort at all. Stop making awful killers. Actually take some feedback from the ptb and make some meaningful changes. There were dozens of ideas and they didn't try even one. Disgraceful!

• Phasmamain
    Options

All I’m saying is if they don’t play it safe we could have another legion. It’s safe to say nobody wants another legion

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Depipster hahahaha

• tak47888
    tak47888 Member Posts: 125
    Options

I agree to a certain extend, blight is a good killer (he is fun to play, because he has litlle cooldowns on his ability and can move fast). But he can be outplayed super easily and is no way a top tier killer. He is okay though, one of the few newer killers that have a nice design and are overall fun to play but also can get very frustrating against survivors who know to outplay him -> limited in this power. Twins? meh, not really a fan to play as, but I like playing against them somehow. Don't think they are really that strong.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

Twins might not be below b tier but they are deeply unpleasant to play. They have so many mechanics that just frustrates the player and requires you to play in a specific way. There's no way to vary your playstyle without massively limiting your ability to make an impact on a game. Compare to myers or blight who can do a variety of builds. The last two chapters have been awful and its worth noting hopefully they break this streak of 2 straight terrible killer's in time for the anniversary killer whatever that might be. (Terrible in the sense of awful to play).

• pigsaag
    pigsaag Member Posts: 206
    Options