Director/Capture/Replay Mode?

Before I get into it, you’ll have to forgive my ignorance if this is already a thing for PC, console infidel here... but would it be a huge stretch to introduce a mode where the player can mess around with a replay and  set up pictures? I couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve played Killer—or even some Survivor matches—where I’ve thought “Damn this would be awesome if I could get a fly-on-the-wall look at this action.” You could have a replay mode for the lolz (the PS share clips are super limited functionality), and a full pan and tilt camera with filters for some awesome backgrounds or something. Examples of games that have executed these well are Skate and God of War III, respectively. Anyway, game’s great and be easy everyone!

Comments

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I'm not a programmer nor am I "tech savvy" but I don't think with the current p2p connection the game has that such a mode can exist. If we ever get dedicated servers then yes I too would love to view replays and see/learn popular hiding tactics or mistakes I can fix in my next match.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649

I'm not a programmer nor am I "tech savvy" but I don't think with the current p2p connection the game has that such a mode can exist. If we ever get dedicated servers then yes I too would love to view replays and see/learn popular hiding tactics or mistakes I can fix in my next match.

This shouldn't be a problem tho. Best example: cod back ops 2 on ps3. It's p2p but has a theater mode. You can watch every perspective of every player of that match any time you want to. Seriously, this Theater mode for DbD would be so damn sick. I could watch my opponent to see my mistakes, I can save pc power I'm using for recording while playing etc. I think everyone can benefit from that and since other games witb p2p have this feature long time ago BHVR should have no problems to implement such a thing 
  • megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

Would be awesome to have such a mode.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Does it really matter with the way the frame rate is, since the game looks like a slideshow on console?

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649

Does it really matter with the way the frame rate is, since the game looks like a slideshow on console?

So only console exists for you? You know that the bigger playerbase is currently on pc right?
  • thrashed2pieces
    thrashed2pieces Member Posts: 57
    Thanks for the replies, hadn’t been back to the forums in a while... @MegaWaffle I believe the idea would just be that only a limited amount of playback can be retrieved (maybe the most recent match worth of footage), so I think it’s possible given the examples @DwightsLifeMatters gave. Anyway, just a non-gameplay type distraction that would be a nice addition in place of standard recording that would give some creative juice to the DBD community.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    MegaWaffle said:

This shouldn't be a problem tho. Best example: cod back ops 2 on ps3. It's p2p but has a theater mode. You can watch every perspective of every player of that match any time you want to. Seriously, this Theater mode for DbD would be so damn sick. I could watch my opponent to see my mistakes, I can save pc power I'm using for recording while playing etc. I think everyone can benefit from that and since other games witb p2p have this feature long time ago BHVR should have no problems to implement such a thing 

Sorry it never "tagged" me about this reply. Thanks for letting me know, I would love some sort of playback feature simply to see where different players mindsets go. I think it would also help immensely for catching people cheating,griefing,hacking,etc aside from the fun aspect it would offer.