Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New Idea for Trickster - based on his base power/concept

No doubt he's so darn weak. but i also feel if the changes are just around what he got, it may overpower him (why we need two huntress)

What if the devs keep his power and concept - just add a bit extra sauce in there:

every dagger he throws - there is a sharp fishing line connected (one end connecting the dagger, the other connecting trickster). When survivors run through every fishing line- they receive one blade damage. But they can crouch under the line to avoid the damage.

Daggers can stuck on the object they collide. So when running the jungle gym, trickster can plan the fishing line to trap the survivors. the length of the fishing line is predetermined, if trickster run too far from the daggers, the line will break. So this turns him into a strategic killer.

some add ons can change to extending the length of the fishing line

Comments

• IWFreak
    IWFreak Member Posts: 252

This... would actually be pretty funny. If it works...

First things first: how is the line going to behave? Is it gonna ignore terrain? So just pass through it, as Trickster walks around it. Is it gonna twist around it? Which actually is pretty hard to do, and I can imagine be borderline broken or not working as intended in this game.

Second, for the range until the lines break: how far would be balanced? I would personally say almost as long as a jungle gym, maybe slightly longer.

BTW, I myself was thinking about giving the Surv a slight debuff for each point of Laceration they have. Maybe give the Killer aura reading from a certain distance. The distance becomes smaller with each point of Laceration.

Anyhow, the Killer should be able to leave a surv with Laceration points on them, and still get something out of it. It should maybe even stay longer before it decays.

• Dovahkat963
    Dovahkat963 Member Posts: 46

How about this for the laceration: Laceration level is persistent, and the bright, flashy knives actually visibly stick to survivors (in preset spots on their body of course). Survivors must perform a 'Remove Knives' action to reduce their laceration level. Time required to do so is based on the number of knives (laceration level). If someone else does it for you the action is completed twice as fast. Laceration is gradually reduced as the action is performed, so it can be done in short bursts if needed. Removing knives takes priority over healing.

This makes laceration something the survivors have to actively deal with otherwise a stray knife might catch them off guard for a free health state. This adds some degree of slowdown to the Trickster since survivors need to commit time to removing knives. And note that I said the knives would visibly stick to survivors. The bright knives would make the survivor very easy to spot and track from a distance, making it easier for the Trickster to keep track of survivors and find ones that managed to slip away into stealth mode.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

I personally think a really nice chance would be to remove all his slowdowns when throwing knives, maybe just one layer like down go 95% or 100% movement speed while throwing knives because right now he is too slow, and also to just remove laceration timer in general. Make it where he can stack damage on survivors, so you can hit a bunch of knives on a survivor but if you leave them you dont lose those stacks, seeing them later, you can cash them in and finish the damage. This seems like how it should be in the first place with how many knives it takes to injure and would make him different than huntress. He throws faster but takes more, but this means you can spread damage and do it mk much faster later down the line. I do think though that while injured if you healed it should also cleanse whatever stacks are currently on you. This in my opinion would up him a lot. Also Main Event really needs help, I suggest also that they make it where he still has to earn it, hell I even like the idea of it being on a timer so you cant save it, makes it more unique, but make it activate instantly. He shouldnt have so many layers of slowdown before he can start his main event, it should be big and fast.