Auric Cells sooo expensive

I am from Poland and dollar in my curriency is worth 3.6 PLN. 500 Auric Cells costs 25 PLN (5 dollars) but it should be 20 or less.

Comments

• Yaq
    Yaq Member Posts: 23

you dont need to by it ... but yeah little bit expensive

• Vecors
    Vecors Member Posts: 67

Frankly, i got the big package and got pretty much everything i desired. Im pretty happy with that compared to LoL or other games.Especially cause like 95% is really high quality stuff where you can see that someone put a lot of love and effort in it.

• lopezradio
    lopezradio Member Posts: 9

Or just don't get cosmetics. TBH, if they released this stuff at half price you'd still see the same complaints. They're optional and most can be gained through grind. It's not all doom and gloom.

• Juya
    Juya Member Posts: 63

It's true, when you look at the prices of the dlc and then at the pirces in the store. It start to get pretty silly how hight they seems. Specially how it seems to cost 7$ just to buy kate with the auric cells why it cost 7$ to buy the whole chapter!

• ComelyStar
    ComelyStar Member Posts: 187

@Juya said:
    It's true, when you look at the prices of the dlc and then at the pirces in the store. It start to get pretty silly how hight they seems. Specially how it seems to cost 7$ just to buy kate with the auric cells why it cost 7$ to buy the whole chapter!

Not only that but as previously said, with 500 auric cells ($5) you can only buy 1 MAYBE 2 cosmetic item, if you are interested in the wrong ones. $5 for one skin vs. $7 for a whole chapter seems pretty darn pa**etic.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

@Minifruchtzwerg said:
    If you could save up your shards for every outfit and would not need the auric cells for some outfits, it would be ok for me. But to make some outfits only available for auric cells so we need to put more money into the game is disgusting in my opinion.
    They could have given us some sort of "start-budget" like it is done in many other games.
    I am very angry about that update and I am thinking about quitting DbD.

Agreed. All cosmetics should be earnable.

• Grimmreaperme
    Grimmreaperme Member Posts: 31

I want my sapling Hag, but I am not paying $10 for the skin when the Hag chapter was $7...like I wouldn't mind paying $5 for the whole thing...but not $10. I buy all chapters and will continue to do so, so I don't think it is unreasonable for the skins to be less then the cost of the DLC.

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

I think they tried way to hard to copy EA, tbh they did it really well but they forgot something EA has a bank to rely on if their game die BHVR has nothing they just paid 20 milion $ to buy the whole game.
    Greedy af didnt expected this from them, they always seem to be nice with the community but here is where money are in full effect

• ZappyBoi
    ZappyBoi Member Posts: 29

bE does not care about you. They only made this game for a profit, their decisions are driven by what can make them money. Do not moan about what you chose not to purchse, bE does not care.

• Canextro
    Canextro Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2018

Yeah I agree, the prices are waayy too high as of now. I foresee the prices being modified with the backlash it has received. It would cost an inane amount of money to buy out these cosmetics. Even just the ones that can only be purchased with auric cells, it is still ridiculous.

• ComelyStar
    edited June 2018

@Canextro said:
    Yeah I agree, the prices are waayy too high as of now. I foresee the prices being modified with the backlash it has received. It would cost an inane amount of money to buy out these cosmetics. Even just the ones that can only be purchased with auric cells, it is still ridiculous.

Yes, to buy all auric cells only items you have to spend at least $100, when you buy the largest cells package. When you do it by repeatedly buying the smallest one, the overall cost is $150. And that is ONLY for the survivors!

For now, they seem to have adjusted the unfair foreign exchange issue. my price for the smallest pack is now 3.75 instead of 4.80. But that still equals to $5, so seems the Devs are reluctant to backtrack on their greedy atittude.

• Canextro
    Canextro Member Posts: 71

@ComelyStar said:

@Canextro said:

Yes, to buy all auric cells only items you have to spend at least $100, when you buy the largest cells package. When you do it by repeatedly buying the smallest one, the overall cost is $150. And that is ONLY for the survivors!

For now, they seem to have adjusted the unfair foreign exchange issue. my price for the smallest pack is now 3.75 instead of 4.80. But that still equals to $5, so seems the Devs are reluctant to backtrack on their greedy atittude.

In time they will likely realize. At the end of the day, they are just cosmetics which is something that should never be heavily overpriced in a game. For as long as I've known BHVR though, I really can't be too sure haha.

• deadbydaylightfan
    deadbydaylightfan Member Posts: 262
    Guys if you could get everything with grinding they wouldn’t make money stop calling them greedy they are being generous with the FREE CHAPTERS like come on what more do you want everything to be 1 shard? You get a decent amount of shards when you level up stop moaning
  • ComelyStar
    edited June 2018

@deadbydaylightfan said:
    Guys if you could get everything with grinding they wouldn’t make money stop calling them greedy they are being generous with the FREE CHAPTERS like come on what more do you want everything to be 1 shard? You get a decent amount of shards when you level up stop moaning

Greedy because they know people are more willing to buy skins instead of chapters, so instead of charging us for the chapters, they are making them free and charging us for all the good looking skins - with a massive price tag! Also, buying the new killer and survivor with auric cells is more expensive than buying the chapter which includes both + an exclusive cosmetic. Logic?!

They can charge us for everything for all I care, as long as they don't bloody overprice their stuff. 3 cosmetic items are more expensive than a chapter, and they are not even giving the TINIEST amount of auric cells out for free for those that maybe pay for a chapter or as a gift for the introduction of the store. It could have just been 300 or 400 cells, enough to buy 1 measly cosmetic, but no, instead they give everybody 1.8K shards that you can earn in a couple of days anyway. Like, seriously, how uptight can you be?

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010

@deadbydaylightfan said:

Greedy because they know people are more willing to buy skins instead of chapters, so instead of charging us for the chapters, they are making them free and charging us for all the good looking skins - with a massive price tag! Also, buying the new killer and survivor with auric cells is more expensive than buying the chapter which includes both + an exclusive cosmetic. Logic?!

They can charge us for everything for all I care, as long as they don't bloody overprice their stuff. 3 cosmetic items are more expensive than a chapter, and they are not even giving the TINIEST amount of auric cells out for free for those that maybe pay for a chapter or as a gift for the introduction of the store. It could have just been 300 or 400 cells, enough to buy 1 measly cosmetic, but no, instead they give everybody 1.8K shards that you can earn in a couple of days anyway. Like, seriously, how uptight can you be?

That’s business for ya lol
  • luminosity6
    luminosity6 Member Posts: 19

I agree they are way too expensive. Basically the epic skin set is $10.

• ImpossibleGirl
    ImpossibleGirl Member Posts: 8

I think it is really unfair that they are skins which are really expensive... You can also buy the dlc and you get nothing. No skin, no auric cells, just the two characters... but if you want, you can just buy them with your playtime, but skins you need to buy with real money... and it is not that cheap. I am really disappointed about it. I supported the game since the beginning. Have every dlc. And now i need to pay more and more to get nice things in it? Maybe give me auric cells when I buy the dlc? Maybe make it a bit cheapier? Or maybe let everyone pay like they want - with real money or playtime... But that you are "forced" to buy with real money if you really want it, i don't like it. And i know, that I don't need to buy it. But the skins are sooo awesome ;_;

• Trotfoxx
    Trotfoxx Member Posts: 105

I'm not sure if this is the way they wil get max. profit from the store. If the prices were lower, much people would buy them. Guess it's more worthy for them to sell a few people the skins for 10$ than a lot more for less :/

• lol
    lol Member Posts: 14

they're overpriced

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

As long as the shard grind is "reasonable" then... the cell prices are fantastic.

If I have to play for like 100 hours to get 1 5 dollar cosmetic... that is crazy.

I'm totally fine with supporting them in the Auric Cells. As they look cool and I love this game, but I just hope the shards is a reasonable thing.

WHy not grant lets say 1,000 shards for having a prestige III character? Or why not grant shards for rank season rewards?

Or how about doing like 250 shard bonus for prestiging a character? This is a new great way to add this in.

• Gem
    Gem Member Posts: 37

Personally I don't mind. I came from games where skins are usually $10 anyways. I bought $10 in cells and got my shirtless david and a cute feng outfit. I was pleased. I also used my shards for an outfit. Doesn't seem that awful to me. There isn't a p2w element.

• fml
    fml Member Posts: 6

If you could save up your shards for every outfit and would not need the auric cells for some outfits, it would be ok for me. But to make some outfits only available for auric cells so we need to put more money into the game is disgusting in my opinion.
    They could have given us some sort of "start-budget" like it is done in many other games.
    I am very angry about that update and I am thinking about quitting DbD.

so we need to put more money into the game”
    No you dont need to do it... buy it when you want and when you can waste your money on games...
  • ImpossibleGirl

@ComelyStar said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

Do i understand that right, that if you buy the dlc, you get an exclusive cosmetic? Which one? Because i didnt get a skin or auric cells or somewhat else, just the two characters...

• ComelyStar

@ImpossibleGirl said:

@ComelyStar said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

Do i understand that right, that if you buy the dlc, you get an exclusive cosmetic? Which one? Because i didnt get a skin or auric cells or somewhat else, just the two characters...

Yes, you understood right. The exclusive skin is Kate's top in a white version.

• ImpossibleGirl

Oh wow... That is so nice... not. But yeah, thanks for the information.

• Panda
    Panda Member Posts: 4

@Gem said:
    Personally I don't mind. I came from games where skins are usually $10 anyways. I bought $10 in cells and got my shirtless david and a cute feng outfit. I was pleased. I also used my shards for an outfit. Doesn't seem that awful to me. There isn't a p2w element.

There is a difference, the games with 10-20$ skins are f2p for the mostpart. Dead by Daylight is 20$ with LOTS of DLCS

• Koldvar
    Koldvar Member Posts: 92

@Aftertaste said:
    I am from Poland and dollar in my curriency is worth 3.6 PLN. 500 Auric Cells costs 25 PLN (5 dollars) but it should be 20 or less.

agreed. im spanish and i think the same, id pay 5 € AS MUCH for a REALLY COOL skin.Not 10€.

• GhostEuant
    GhostEuant Member Posts: 243
    Don’t buy what you don’t want. If enough people aren’t buying maybe they’ll consider reducing their prices. If people do buy them at current price (and remember everyone complaining on these forums is probably 25% or less of the entire playerbase) then it can be considered to be acceptable prices. Justify your complaints however you want but if the prices don’t change it’s because enough people are paying for them and thus enough people consider it to be reasonable pricing. 

Note: I would love it if the skins were free or much cheaper but I don’t expect it/complain about it because they are being sold for the purpose of generating revenue. 
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Seems pretty standard for online games too me.

Lol what kind of games do you play? In most games skins are $1-5, not $5 or $10.
  • naim109
    naim109 Member Posts: 12

agreed overpriced, especially for ones that are colour changed only

• JustQuestOz
    JustQuestOz Member Posts: 13

Yes they are expensive I’m saving up until they have a 50% sale hopefully

• swenpai
    swenpai Member Posts: 259

Compared to other games it is not too expensive.
    Also, you don't really need to buy them.
    In my opinion skins are not worth it too much, even though the Butcher Trapper is hella sexy.
    A character for 5$ is a nice deal, weird how skins are more expensive than killers/survivors.

• LordziPL
    LordziPL Member Posts: 590

I think auric prices better be 45-60% less.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    edited September 2018

Seems pretty standard for online games too me.

Lol what kind of games do you play? In most games skins are $1-5, not $5 or $10.
    A glider skin in Guild Wars 2 (just the glider, not including the backpack skin) is 800 gems, which is $10. That's for a skin that ONLY appears while you're gliding. If you want a backpack skin so people can see the glider while you're just walking around, that's another 400 gems.

A full outfit in Fortnite ranges from 800-2000 V-Bucks. That's  $8 to $20.

WoW charges  $10 for a cosmetic pet, $15 for a helmet skin, $25 for a mount skin.

EQ2 charges about $12 for a full outfit, $5 for a completely invisible outfit.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

They'd make a lot more money just by decreasing the price and adding more customization options.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Don't get me wrong, the prices are outrageous.

But have you played For Honor? Talk about yikes.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

I agree. The prices are pretty crazy. I spent 10$ on auric cells so that i could buy Jakes Cowboy Hat and American Flag shirt and that is enough for me.