The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Potential fix for camping?

Croz
Croz Member Posts: 41

I think making struggle phase more rewarding while in the killer's terror radius should fix camping. As in if you're being camped and you get to the struggle phase you get enough point to black pip or if you had enough objective at some point it might be enough to pip.

This will encourage survivors who are being camped to stay and waste the killer's time. Being camped is not fun and in most cases players just suicide on hook when they realize they're being camped to just go to the next game and that in my opinion is why some killers still do it looking for the one hook kills and easy wins.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Define "camping".

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

@Orion said:
    Define "camping".

You know it well. Hook and sit next to them looking around a bit. If Wraith, try for basement and wait in corner cloaked. EZ

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Orion said:
    Define "camping".

He has a pretty clear idea what camping is.
    He wants rewards for strugglign on the hook while inside the terror radius.

With this definition, "facecamping" a survivor with insidious is not camping.
    I love 3-post "fix camping" threads. THey are always thought-through and make me smile :wink:

• Master
    edited November 2018

@Croz said:
    I think making struggle phase more rewarding while in the killer's terror radius should fix camping. As in if you're being camped and you get to the struggle phase you get enough point to black pip or if you had enough objective at some point it might be enough to pip.

This will encourage survivors who are being camped to stay and waste the killer's time. Being camped is not fun and in most cases players just suicide on hook when they realize they're being camped to just go to the next game and that in my opinion is why some killers still do it looking for the one hook kills and easy wins.

I think making looping phase more rewarding while being within a certain radius from the survivor should fix looping. If youre been looped and you follow the survivor, then you get enough emblem points as if the survivor didnt loop.

This will encourage killers who are being looped to stay and waste the survivors time. Being looped is not fun and in most cases killers just camp after being looped when they realize that they have been looped for several gens and just wiat till the game is over and proceed with the next game.

Btw, killers camp because survivors reward them for doing it and throwing each other at the hook instead of simply doing their objective, and yes thats an easy win if the survivors are stupid enough :wink:

• Orion

@Master said:

@Orion said:
    Define "camping".

He has a pretty clear idea what camping is.
    He wants rewards for strugglign on the hook while inside the terror radius.

With this definition, "facecamping" a survivor with insidious is not camping.
    I love 3-post "fix camping" threads. THey are always thought-through and make me smile :wink:

That's why I asked him to define "camping". Most people think anything that doesn't guarantee a free unhook is "camping", even if they can't admit it.

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

Best fix for camping: Stop trolling and teabagging. Be unrespectful and you get facecamped by me. Play fair and I leave you be

• Orion

@Croz said:

@Master said:

@Croz said:

I think making looping phase more rewarding while being within a certain radius from the survivor should fix looping. If youre been looped and you follow the survivor, then you get enough emblem points as if the survivor didnt loop.

This will encourage killers who are being looped to stay and waste the survivors time. Being looped is not fun and in most cases killers just camp after being looped when they realize that they have been looped for several gens and just wiat till the game is over and proceed with the next game.

Btw, killers camp because survivors reward them for doing it and throwing each other at the hook instead of simply doing their objective, and yes thats an easy win if the survivors are stupid enough :wink:

Well maybe you need to be smarter and know when and where to break chase if someone is looping you for a long time then it means you're just being hard headed about that particular survivor instead of trying to look for other survivors who are not being pressured and doing their objective freely.

Not to mention they have nerfed looping to the ground with the vacuum changes and the fast window vaults angle. If you get looped for a long time then maybe you need to get better at the game.

TL;DR: The Survivor should be able to put the Killer in a situation where they have no choice but to let them go.
    I think that says enough about you.

• Croz

@Orion said:

@Croz said:

@Master said:

@Croz said:

Well maybe you need to be smarter and know when and where to break chase if someone is looping you for a long time then it means you're just being hard headed about that particular survivor instead of trying to look for other survivors who are not being pressured and doing their objective freely.

Not to mention they have nerfed looping to the ground with the vacuum changes and the fast window vaults angle. If you get looped for a long time then maybe you need to get better at the game.

TL;DR: The Survivor should be able to put the Killer in a situation where they have no choice but to let them go.

I don't think you follow the point really. The game is supposed to be fun. Killers who camp make the game dull. You're supposed to chase survivors and stop them from doing the objective. It's a 1v4 game not a 1v1. If your objective is to hook and camp one person until they die and ruin the game for them so the rest can escape or pray they do dumb ######### trying to save their friend for you to get an easy win then I'm pretty sure it's safe to say you're doing it wrong.

All I'm saying is that camping is part of the game indeed but make it less punishing on survivors cuz killers use it as a strategy to pull a cheap win most of the time. Also there is 3 hook stages for a reason. If you get outplayed and looped for 4 gens then that's on you bud. Better luck next game. Not to mention the game has gotten much easier for killers now. Oh yea I forgot the fact that you have 0 ping every game as well which is already an advantage. Oh and the wonderful hit-boxes where you can hit survivors while being stunned by a pallet somehow. It's only fair to ask for something to make the game more enjoyable for survivors since the devs have nerfed survivors for the past 6-7 patches straight and gave killers meta changing perks within the few last releases where we got meme perks as survivors.

TL;DR: git gud.

• Master

@Croz said:

@Master said:

@Croz said:

So you suggest to not chase a specific survivor at all and search for someone that doesnt know how to loop?

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Croz said:

Killer get punished by doing genes and getting depipped. Also BT counters it

Its your mates fault that make this strategy available I they don't do gens and swarm the hook

Also yeah being camped isn't run but also look survivors pants ain't run either. If you think camping its an easy win you're delusional. 1 man kill makes no chad point no deviousness no emblems at all and de pip

Just do gens and would be fine
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Master said:

@Croz said:

Jeez..sometimes I read your comments and I feel like our brains think the same! I know that is probably an insult to you and a compliment to me....but...are you my long lost brother? Or....

Maybe.....

Daddy!?

Anyway, I was about to type something very similar to your comment and saw this. Nuff said.
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

I propose to keep one day of each week sacred, say, on Thursdays nobody is allowed to start a discussion about the following topics:

• camping
    • tunneling
    • DS
    • NOED
      Anything else, including Shirtless Myers is okay.
  • KickUasS
    KickUasS Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2018

Many time i think this game is mane "Bug and Camplight" .I’m so bored right now because i meet camp killer Almost every time. And now i look for a new game to play with my friends.

Post edited by KickUasS on
  • akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@Croz said:

easiest way to fix camping tunneling is a cooldown on when you can pick up a survivor that was just hooked. If you had to wait 30 seconds to pick up that downed survivor you might want to just go do something else really quick or chase the guy who unhooked him.

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

Am I the only one that likes de-pipping?

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@iceman2kx said:

it use to help but not at very high ranks like 13 and 14 its nothing but campers on xbox so YAYAYAYA

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Croz said:

@Orion said:

@Croz said:

@Master said:

@Croz said:

I don't think you follow the point really. The game is supposed to be fun. Killers who camp make the game dull. You're supposed to chase survivors and stop them from doing the objective. It's a 1v4 game not a 1v1. If your objective is to hook and camp one person until they die and ruin the game for them so the rest can escape or pray they do dumb ######### trying to save their friend for you to get an easy win then I'm pretty sure it's safe to say you're doing it wrong.

All I'm saying is that camping is part of the game indeed but make it less punishing on survivors cuz killers use it as a strategy to pull a cheap win most of the time. Also there is 3 hook stages for a reason. If you get outplayed and looped for 4 gens then that's on you bud. Better luck next game. Not to mention the game has gotten much easier for killers now. Oh yea I forgot the fact that you have 0 ping every game as well which is already an advantage. Oh and the wonderful hit-boxes where you can hit survivors while being stunned by a pallet somehow. It's only fair to ask for something to make the game more enjoyable for survivors since the devs have nerfed survivors for the past 6-7 patches straight and gave killers meta changing perks within the few last releases where we got meme perks as survivors.

TL;DR: git gud.

Survivors only got meme perks? Deliverance is my new favorite perk. Secondly, are you really gonna tell me killer is easy and survivor is hard? The killers I faced last night would like to have a word with you.
  • Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
    akbays35 said:

@Croz said:
    I think making struggle phase more rewarding while in the killeir's terror radius should fix camping. As in if you're being camped and you get to the struggle phase you get enough point to black pip or if you had enough objective at some point it might be enough to pip.

easiest way to fix camping tunneling is a cooldown on when you can pick up a survivor that was just hooked. If you had to wait 30 seconds to pick up that downed survivor you might want to just go do something else really quick or chase the guy who unhooked him.

Don't needa pick him up when you got that mori, boiii
  • Saint_Ukraine
    iceman2kx said:

Yes.
  • Saint_Ukraine
    Croz said:

I actually had an idea for a perk that might help counter face camps.

Reckless

Your eagerness to help others makes you reckless. Your unhooking speed is increased by 3/6/9 %.When rescuing a survivor from a hook, the hook will break. Inflicts the Exhaustion effect onto the rescuing survivor for 60 seconds. Reckless is not active when the survivor suffers from the Exhaustion effect.

"They're not gonna be happy when they see this mess!"

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    bendermac said:

Best fix for camping: Stop trolling and teabagging. Be unrespectful and you get facecamped by me. Play fair and I leave you be

The people complaining about camping aren't the ones teabagging. We're talking killers who do it from the start because they're too lazy to play any other way.

I find it's a lot of people going for the daily that do this. They have no experience or perks with the killer and DGAF so they just camp.
  • Master
    Master said:

@Croz said:

Jeez..sometimes I read your comments and I feel like our brains think the same! I know that is probably an insult to you and a compliment to me....but...are you my long lost brother? Or....

Maybe.....

Daddy!?

Anyway, I was about to type something very similar to your comment and saw this. Nuff said.
    It's funny because you can do that in almost any camping/tunneling thread.
    Just exchange a few words and there we go, voila

Sadly, the majority  of the community thinks that there are only problems on their side and that is what prevents a lot of potential fixes 
  • Master
    bendermac said:

The people complaining about camping aren't the ones teabagging. We're talking killers who do it from the start because they're too lazy to play any other way.

I find it's a lot of people going for the daily that do this. They have no experience or perks with the killer and DGAF so they just camp.
    bendermac said:

A single swf can ruin all other survivors games for a day by bullying a killer. Think about that 
  • Saint_Ukraine

@Master said:
    Attackfrog said:

Master said:

@Croz said:

Maybe.....

Daddy!?

It's funny because you can do that in almost any camping/tunneling thread.
    Just exchange a few words and there we go, voila

Sadly, the majority  of the community thinks that there are only problems on their side and that is what prevents a lot of potential fixes 

We all need to find common ground. Killers and survivors alike.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,047

Well, basically what you are asking for is, to make "playing bad" rewarding. I mean, everyone can get unlucky and be the first one found by the killer, hooked and then camped until the end. This can happen, but should not be the usual case. IF it becomes the usual case, said person is doing something wrong.

Also, it would not "fix" camping at all. If you black pip or pip during struggle will not help with the insidious Leatherface in the corner or the cloaked Wraith around your hook (both versions of camping where your proposal would also not change anything).

I mean, for me, struggling is fine. I have seen a Myers camping me at the hook while two Generators were done during that time. Or a Leatherface standing there, while my friend was looking for the hatch and was ready to escape. Both is fine to me, because in the end, the killer might end with 1 kill and nothing more.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

@Croz said:

O.o

• MrMyers
    MrMyers Member Posts: 43

@Croz said:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/511669206228533268/516304811411636224/brett.PNG

I disagree. Killers get less blood points for camping, therefore making it a less viable option.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    XxAtomicAlfiexX Member Posts: 395

hey. tyde tyme did a vid on how camping is ok. and he's right. i have had to camp before because i needed to guaranty a kill because it was end game and i had no kills. just watch tyde's vid.

• Eesane
    Eesane Member Posts: 27
    edited November 2018

Camping can never be completely removed. It's a choice made at any point in time by the killer. I don't think survivors getting more points in struggle phase in terror radius would stop a killer camping.

It's a choice. Some killers just camp to get more kills or secure that one kill while the rest gen rush to activate noed; because the killer knows that if he camps they will gen rush so why not have noed to get more kills?

• Malakir
    You know the dev, matthew, used to insidious camping right?
    Also the tutorial endorse it even if with experience you notice it doesn't really pay off unless they are super altruistic
    So yeah, do gens and enjoy your pipe while the killer depip 
  • XxAtomicAlfiexX
    XxAtomicAlfiexX Member Posts: 395

@Malakir said:
    Also the tutorial endorse it even if with experience you notice it doesn't really pay off unless they are super altruistic

what does pip mean.i hear it alot and dont know what it means.

• Malakir

@Malakir said:

what does pip mean.i hear it alot and dont know what it means.

When you score a point there is a little line right? Thats a pip, a black pipe is when you don't lose or get points and depip when you lose one at end game
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Eesane said:

Camping can never be completely removed. It's a choice made at any point in time by the killer. I don't think survivors getting more points in struggle phase in terror radius would stop a killer camping.

It's a choice. Some killers just camp to get more kills or secure that one kill while the rest gen rush to activate noed; because the killer knows that if he camps they will gen rush so why not have noed to get more kills?

Some killers camp because they (or their puppy) just had to poop real quick.

It's not planned....but where else can I stand stand completely still and be doing something productive? If I dc....I get accused of lobby dodging.

Those that say "camping is NEVER a viable strategy" have clearly never had to poop mid game. And clearly don't own puppies. ....

In fact...

anti-camping = anti-puppy
  • Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Eesane said:

How did that work out in tydes tournament? Oh ya the camping noed leatherface lost. Whilst ryun patrol leathrface won. 
  • Saint_Ukraine

@MrMyers said:

@Croz said:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/511669206228533268/516304811411636224/brett.PNG

I disagree. Killers get less blood points for camping, therefore making it a less viable option.

I would assume most killers who camp do not care for their loss of blood points.

• Croz

You people don't get it. Campers don't care if they win or not they just camp cuz they're mostly trolls or want to ruin your game experience which leads to people rage quitting and it happens a lot in low ranks cuz those killers don't want to rank up anyways. So if you actually want to have fun or actually play the game they're as much as a griefer would be in any video game.

Now I know it's a strategy or tactic or whatever you wanna call it. But then if you lose doing it cuz the survivors just rush gens and leave and you get destroyed it's not fair that one person who essentially played a 1v1 game to derank as well. Or in this sense have a bad game experience cuz he was literally wasting his time for his teammates to win without any out come for him. Let alone those survivors who escape they don't even pip cuz they didn't gain enough points. Which leads to most people rage quitting when killers do that either the hooked person or others who are not enjoying the game.

Now I don't care if the game is balanced or not and DBD should not be taken seriously by any means and if you play this game competitively then Idk what you're doing. I'm just saying make the game more fun especially for low ranks.

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

how about when in killers terror radius on a hook your struggle meter is depleted by 50% but your teammates all have a 25% action speed buff while the killer is near

• MrMyers

@Saint_Ukraine said:

@MrMyers said:

@Croz said:

I would assume most killers who camp do not care for their loss of blood points.

So then what exactly is the problem? The killer isn't benefiting, suck it up and move on.

• Saint_Ukraine
    MrMyers said:

@Saint_Ukraine said:

@MrMyers said:

@Croz said:

So then what exactly is the problem? The killer isn't benefiting, suck it up and move on.

Well, now that you mention it, I suppose that it doesn't happen that often. And when it does (if the survivor team is competent), everyone else will survive. Still, it sucks to get camped.
  • MrMyers

@Saint_Ukraine said:
    MrMyers said:

@Saint_Ukraine said:

@MrMyers said:

@Croz said:

Well, now that you mention it, I suppose that it doesn't happen that often. And when it does (if the survivor team is competent), everyone else will survive. Still, it sucks to get camped.

Finally, someone who speaks my language!

• tennmio
    tennmio Member Posts: 354
    Malakir said:
    You don't get a pip gen rushing you might even depip.
    I'm not playing much killer but I wasn't able to depip even if I got no kills and only short chases because I lost everyone. It was still a black pip. So this "stragtegy" makes survivors probably loose a pip or not getting more then a black pip but is ok for the killer.
    They should ensure a survivor doesn't depip if being camped or having to gen rush because the killer is camping the first hook.
  • BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220

@The_Crusader said:
    bendermac said:

The people complaining about 'lazy' Killers don't consider how many times that Killer tried to make it 'fun' for Survivors and had his own game ruined for doing so. They only think about the game they played with that Killer, not the 15 others where he got looped, teabagged, bodyblocked, flashlight spammed and insulted.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Croz said:

sadly camping is something you deal with in almost every game and in DBD camping is a strat. while it is a very annoying one to deal with (i know myself cause i play survivor more than killer) its there and the best way to deal with it is gen rush or farm them if you need to and at least give them a chance. most of the time they camp due to the game almost being over. i have just learned to always bring Borrowed time as a precaution.