Racist Killer?

Comments

• LyrSteam6510
    LyrSteam6510 Member Posts: 24
    If you don’t like the game don’t play it, nobody is going to change this game to make you feel any better and they shouldn’t it’s a ######### horror game people are you seriously not grown enough to look at the bigger picture with the game? If there was a KKK survivor or killer I would totally understand your frustration or event a mori where someone is hung I would understand but it literally goes with his backstory taking faces of his victims and if there was no Claudette option POC would cry that they’re left out and that it’s racist because he didn’t want black skin to be in his collection 
  • Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

Except it isn't paint, it is her face sewed to his face.

• RekinShark
    RekinShark Member Posts: 21
    But if Claudette's face wasn't included we would have people jumping up and down saying she's been excluded etc.
  • AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    edited November 2018

@RekinShark said:
    But if Claudette's face wasn't included we would have people jumping up and down saying she's been excluded etc.

Yeah, this is easily one of those ( There is no way to win scenarios )

And even worse in the entire situation is the fact only a couple of people here have been actually racistly posting here and the few who have are the ones who are gonna hate being pointed out the most for it.

• AlexAnarchy
    edited November 2018

@Not_Giche said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

Yeah, this is easily one of those ( There is no way to win scenarios )

What is beyond me is that peoples are still feeding it.

Boredom i guess.

I'd more a less consider it the idea of proving some reality in here about what actually being racist is, is what got me involved.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@EnviouSLAY said:
    I find it kind of upsetting that the cannibal is able to unlock claudettes face as a cosmetic. I understand he is able to do so with the entire original 4 survivors; but being able to wear claudettes face is actually pretty problematic. We already deal with a lot of toxicity in the community, especially racism/homophobia, so the fact that there is a white killer that is able to actually paint his face black (african american) as a cosmetic is pretty messed up. I don't think this should be a cosmetic in the game still, it was an interesting idea for cosmetics you can unlock via achieving a certain about of kills on a certain survivor, but at the end of the day this is appropriating toxic/racist behavior especially by killers who troll afterwords and use racial slurs.

Ive been playing this game for 2 years and noone has considered that racist so far.

You are the first one :wink:

• BanAnnazX
    BanAnnazX Member Posts: 8
    BanAnnazX said:
    Tydie said:

@Avariku said:
    if claudettes face gets removed as a cosmetic option, I think it's only fair to remove all of them... 
    whites and asians aren't the only ones who deserve to have their faces cut off. 

Yes, they should. I don't recall leatherface ever wearing a black persons face in the movies. Also, asian people don't have a history with people mocking them by pretending to be their race by wearing a mask..

As an Asian myself, we do have issues with yellow face being used in media. That’s why I’m encouraging to remove all masks. I’m tired of reading racist comment after a match. To sit here and say it’s not a real issue because it’s a game is ignorant. It’s an issue that’s many of us acknowledge and I’m sorry you few people commenting don’t have the brain capacity to understand that this shouldn’t even be included in the game.
    Somehow insulting people who have a different opinion than you is ok though? Again, the racial double standard. 

Let me ask you this, which nobody has answered yet:

Would it be ok if Leatherface was black instead of white?
    You are literally saying that it’s okay that people use it with ill intentions. It doesn’t matter.... black face/whiteface/ yellowface.... they are all racially insensitive. In old Asian tv shows they used whiteface.... and that might not be an issue to you since you are a majority... but racism is racism. It doesn’t matter what race they or you are. It’s inappropriate. It should be removed.
  • Unit
    Unit Member Posts: 190
    Stop being so goddamn sensitive as a fellow African American I find it amusing and enjoyable. Y'all need to let bygones be bygones and shut the ######### up.
  • chefdave12118
    chefdave12118 Member Posts: 193
    I see both sides. I'm sure there are some racist f@x that get a kick out of the whole I can play black face and then I see the other side that leatherface doesn't give a ######### about skin color. He wants your face . If I were black I might be a little tight about this. Ask Megan Kelly. She has the wrong answer 
  • AlexAnarchy

@BanAnnazX said:
    Attackfrog said:

BanAnnazX said:

Tydie said:

@Avariku said:

if claudettes face gets removed as a cosmetic option, I think it's only fair to remove all of them... 

Yes, they should. I don't recall leatherface ever wearing a black persons face in the movies. Also, asian people don't have a history with people mocking them by pretending to be their race by wearing a mask..

As an Asian myself, we do have issues with yellow face being used in media. That’s why I’m encouraging to remove all masks. I’m tired of reading racist comment after a match. To sit here and say it’s not a real issue because it’s a game is ignorant. It’s an issue that’s many of us acknowledge and I’m sorry you few people commenting don’t have the brain capacity to understand that this shouldn’t even be included in the game.

Somehow insulting people who have a different opinion than you is ok though? Again, the racial double standard. 

You are literally saying that it’s okay that people use it with ill intentions. It doesn’t matter.... black face/whiteface/ yellowface.... they are all racially insensitive. In old Asian tv shows they used whiteface.... and that might not be an issue to you since you are a majority... but racism is racism. It doesn’t matter what race they or you are. It’s inappropriate. It should be removed.

This would be another form of actual racism over something as silly as a non real life situation.

• AlexAnarchy
    edited November 2018

@Unit said:
    Stop being so goddamn sensitive as a fellow African American I find it amusing and enjoyable. Y'all need to let bygones be bygones and shut the [BAD WORD] up.

Pretty much the best answer to be given in this case. +1

Even though i'm not african american, I just know better than to be this racist about a serial killer taking equal rights into what face he would like to wear~

Worst part about this is these same exact people posting this would be pissed if claudette was the only original survivor excluded from it, No win scenario here.

• Twinkletits
    Twinkletits Member Posts: 60

I can't be bothered to read all the comments so most probably somebody else already said this or you just admitted to trolling but if those things didn't happen then:
    You do realise that we literally have a pedophile in the game (Freddy) and what you are concerned about is the fact that a black person's face is used as a mask?

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797
    edited November 2018
    Holy ######### when did these people come up here? LF is a serial killer that wears the faces of his victims. And you know, Claudette happened to be black. Would you like Claudette to have never existed at all in the first place and all of the original survivors would be white instead? You really are scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to find racist ######### that isn't there. Leave this garbage at Twitter please.
    Literally this^^^
    Tydie said:

I'm so glad someone said something, I've been concerned about this for a while as well. As an African American myself I found it to be very insulting. This is especially true when you see almost every Cannibal wearing that specific cosmetic.. it kinda hurts deep down because you know they're doing it as a joke and its a running gag in the community.

Tydie said:

@Ayeknill_lava said:
    I'm glad this discussion is finally happening. There isn't a day that goes by where I look at my skin color and think of myself as someone who gets treated less than most people. Because this is the reality I live in day by day basis I'm used to it which is pretty said to say. I don't think it's asking too much to understand our side. Where in the past people have mocked our skin color for being too dark and advertising bleaching cream to make our complexion lighter. In the past Caucasian people were used blackface as entertainment, over doing their lips with lipstick and covering the whole face in black to mock and make us look silly. Black face was used to make a mockery of African Americans. So when i see a Caucasian putting a black mask on. Look at it in my perspective or at least try to. I get that some of you might say.. well he does white faces too.. well in the past Caucasian people didn't make fun of your whole race using some mask did they? No they didn't.

Exactly, I think people forget our history or they just refuse to step into our shoes. The ignorance needs to stop.

Can you two and others go and take you BS some where else. No one is going out of their way to be racist unless they're literally wearing that claudette mask and typing rude comments into end game chat as well. 

I wear claudette face all the time because 
    1 - I hate claudette due to the fact that most are toxic
    2 - it was the first mask I unlocked
    3- Dwight's mask doesn't have his glasses on his face which would totally make Dwight's face the best. 

Please stop trying to make this an issue when it isn't even a thing.
    Nice try at pulling the person of color card on your nononexistant point at "leatherface isn't  racist for wearing an African American characters face"
    Post edited by ItsYourBoyGuzma on
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@Tydie said:
    I'm so glad someone said something, I've been concerned about this for a while as well. As an African American myself I found it to be very insulting. This is especially true when you see almost every Cannibal wearing that specific cosmetic.. it kinda hurts deep down because you know they're doing it as a joke and its a running gag in the community.

oooor its because thats the only mask they have unlocked yet, as its fairly easy to get due to the fact that almost every 2nd player plays as claudette.
    but yeah. just look at it like everyone is racist and wants to insult you, without even knowing you. i bet that is a great way to look at life ^^

• AlexAnarchy
    edited November 2018

@Mister_xD said:

@Tydie said:

oooor its because thats the only mask they have unlocked yet, as its fairly easy to get due to the fact that almost every 2nd player plays as claudette.
    but yeah. just look at it like everyone is racist and wants to insult you, without even knowing you. i bet that is a great way to look at life ^^

It's just a simple case of who is truly the racist ones here, reality is, the only ones here who are racist are the ones pointing the finger about how it's racist and then calling people ignorant for not agreeing, point is, none of them would have even noticed if they themself were not racist enough to get the idea in there head then fire out at everyone about it.

Much like in real life, the only true racist ones are the ones calling everyone racist.
    Which in turn is not ever gonna stop racism, it only makes people more angry to be called racist when they are not and makes the situation worse.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Tydie said:

It's just a simple case of who is truly the racist ones here, reality is, the only ones here who are racist are the ones pointing the finger about how it's racist and then calling people ignorant for not agreeing, point is, none of them would have even noticed if they themself were not racist enough to get the idea in there head then fire out at everyone about it.

Much like in real life, the only true racist ones are the ones calling everyone racist.

exactly my thoughts!

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323

after the sexualization accusation vs the spirit this complaint is even more ridiculous

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited November 2018

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Tydie said:

Which in turn is not ever gonna stop racism, it only makes people more angry to be called racist when they are not and makes the situation worse.

Pretty sure at least some of the people being called racist are actually racist.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    BanAnnazX said:
    BanAnnazX said:
    Tydie said:

@Avariku said:

By your logic:
    We should ban cars too. People use th is a with ill intentions.

And kitchen kmives. Sometimes people use those to stab people.

And airplanes. We all know well the damage those can do.
  • AlexAnarchy
    edited November 2018

@Orion said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Tydie said:

Pretty sure at least some of the people being called racist are actually racist.

probably not hardly as many as those who are being pointed at. i'm not but i do get called one alot at my job cuz I said No.

This thread is just simple to prove the point that the most obvious racist are the ones calling other people racist in most cases.

• Orion

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Orion said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Tydie said:

probably not hardly as many as those who are being pointed at. i'm not but i do get called one alot at my job cuz I said No.

You'd be surprised. Those who are racist will often point to the (relatively few) false instances of someone else being called a racist as "proof" that they themselves aren't racist. This rhetoric results in a false sense of how many accusations are actually false. Same thing with other types of discrimination; it's all about creating an echo chamber of anecdotes that support what you want.

• AlexAnarchy
    edited November 2018

@Orion said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Orion said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Tydie said:

You'd be surprised. Those who are racist will often point to the (relatively few) false instances of someone else being called a racist as "proof" that they themselves aren't racist. This rhetoric results in a false sense of how many accusations are actually false. Same thing with other types of discrimination; it's all about creating an echo chamber of anecdotes that support what you want.

Yep and because I told some white guy who's dressed up in thug life style with a gun in his backpocket of his pants that are down practically at his ankles that he could not just walk up into some lone girls room last night at work means I'm racist against black people...people just running around calling everyone racist cuz they say no sir I ca'nt give you a ride, NO sir, you ca'nt go up too some lone girls room and ######### them, OH NO! this video game has offended me in some way cuz megs shirt is yellow and not red like I want it to be and how dare you not agree with me you RACIST! is not helping to clear the world of racism, it only makes people angrier and more upset, only one hell of a silly person would go around trying to state this is okay to do.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited November 2018
    My post was removed. Im so sad. You guys are no fun, this was in all the lore! 😭
    WAIT. ARE Y'ALL ACTUALLY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS? OH MY LORD YOU'RE PLAYING A GAME ABOUT KILLING PEOPLE. HAVE SOME PRIORITIES.
  • Orion
    edited November 2018

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Orion said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Orion said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Tydie said:

Yep and because I told some white guy who's dressed up in thug life style with a gun in his backpocket of his pants that are down practically at his ankles that he could not just walk up into some lone girls room last night at work means I'm racist against black people...people just running around calling everyone racist cuz they say no sir I ca'nt give you a ride, NO sir, you ca'nt go up too some lone girls room and ######### them, OH NO! this video game has offended me in some way cuz megs shirt is yellow and not red like I want it to be and how dare you not agree with me you RACIST! is not helping to clear the world of racism, it only makes people angrier and more upset, only an idiot would go around trying to state this is okay to do.

True, but if you were, for example, to call the cops on a black person who clearly demonstrated they live in the same apartment complex as you because you "felt unsafe" and "weren't sure they lived there", while you never did anything of the sort to any of your other (white) neighbors, you might just be a racist.

• Countfunkular
    Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
    O_o
    Going to be honest here.

Since it's pretty obvious no one's really going to respond to me. I'll just go ahead and say this. I'm quite surprised to see that this particular host is still talking about a issue in a video game about a cannibal that wears human faces. Leatherface in the movies have cut off God knows how many faces and since he's wearing a black one it's racist all of a sudden.

Do I have to bring up the fact that in the movies he's technically #########. He literally doesn't know any better and is loyal to his family. Also do I have to remind you all that this is a fictional video game...

@_@
    Because it's starting to seem like some of you all keep forgetting.
  • AlexAnarchy

@Orion said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Orion said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Orion said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Tydie said:

Yep and because I told some white guy who's dressed up in thug life style with a gun in his backpocket of his pants that are down practically at his ankles that he could not just walk up into some lone girls room last night at work means I'm racist against black people...people just running around calling everyone racist cuz they say no sir I ca'nt give you a ride, NO sir, you ca'nt go up too some lone girls room and ######### them, OH NO! this video game has offended me in some way cuz megs shirt is yellow and not red like I want it to be and how dare you not agree with me you RACIST! is not helping to clear the world of racism, it only makes people angrier and more upset, only an idiot would go around trying to state this is okay to do.

True, but if you were, for example, to call the cops on a black person who clearly demonstrated they live in the same apartment complex as you because you "felt unsafe" and "weren't sure they lived there", while you never did anything of the sort to any of your other (white neighbors), you might just be a racist.

Yes, this would be likely, but it's not the case in this thread, the threads case has nothing to do with any form of real life situation that is causing any actual harm and those who are in here pointing the finger at everyone who does'nt agree are clearly not the ones overreacting in a racist way, I'm all for a serious real life situation but this is a video game and being based around something that you literally have to stretch too make it a racism issue, this does'nt compare as this is just some bored people with nothing better to do except go out looking for something to call racist and then call people who don't agree either racist or ignorant which is funny when they won't even respond decently too those disagreeing with them.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

• AlexAnarchy

Trying to say it's okay for someone to go around calling people racist for not agreeing with them is the exact same thing as saying a religious person going around cursing everyone to burn in hell for not following the same religion is being a good christian.

Don't do it cuz it only proves your not anymore innocent, in fact it more proves that your the least innocent if nothing actually racist or harmful has been done to you.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

That Yoda image looks pretty racist to me. At the absolute minimum, it is in very poor taste.

• kimukipi
    kimukipi Member Posts: 137

Devs need to bring in a "Safe Space" into dbd where survivors and killers can just hang out without hurting each other's feelings. No kills, No names, No face, No color. Just NPCs. Seriously guys, this PC BS gotta stop. While I'm totally against racism, seeing racism where there isn't one smells racism. And as of others here that are simply parroting the OP, get your head outta your ass. Your virtue signalling ain't fooling anyone.

• AlexAnarchy

@Dreamnomad said:
    That Yoda image looks pretty racist to me. At the absolute minimum, it is in very poor taste.

How dare Yoda be green! I want him blue and how dare you not agree with me!!!

• Orion

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Orion said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Orion said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Orion said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Tydie said:

True, but if you were, for example, to call the cops on a black person who clearly demonstrated they live in the same apartment complex as you because you "felt unsafe" and "weren't sure they lived there", while you never did anything of the sort to any of your other (white neighbors), you might just be a racist.

Yes, this would be likely, but it's not the case in this thread, the threads case has nothing to do with any form of real life situation that is causing any actual harm and those who are in here pointing the finger at everyone who does'nt agree are clearly not the ones overreacting in a racist way, I'm all for a serious real life situation but this is a video game and being based around something that you literally have to stretch too make it a racism issue, this does'nt compare as this is just some bored people with nothing better to do except go out looking for something to call racist and then call people who don't agree either racist or ignorant which is funny when they won't even respond decently too those disagreeing with them.

I'm not addressing the (obviously bait) thread, I'm addressing you. My point is, don't be fooled by the actual racists that false racism accusations are more common than real ones.
    Yes, there will always be parasites trying to take advantage of anything and anyone they can (like the actual racists taking advantage of you and others like you who were falsely accused of racism, to try to legitimize their bigoted views), but you need to look at the bigger picture and realize that yes, overt racism is still a thing, and yes, it's still a big deal.
    Black and brown people in predominantly white countries and white people in predominantly black and brown countries live with the very real possibility that one day, some racist mob is going to come over and kill them.
    In my own country, one of the most tolerant in the world, a Colombian immigrant who'd been here since she was a child was severely beaten up by some racist ######### who told her to "go back to [her] own country". During interviews, she reported that while the beating was new, the racist attitude was not, and that many people where she grew up would often spout racist epithets at her as "a joke" (see what I said before about actual racists trying to legitimize their racism?), while others were just straight-up bullying her for having brown skin. This is a real phenomenon that you shouldn't discount just because you were falsely accused and/or suspected.

• Orion

@Dreamnomad said:

Indeed. "Jokes" like that are how racists can express their bigoted views without fear of reprisal. People who are actually joking will take them as the jokes they are, but racists will just see and use it as a way to legitimize their views.

• AlexAnarchy
    edited November 2018

@Orion said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Orion said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Orion said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Orion said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Tydie said:

I'm not addressing the (obviously bait) thread, I'm addressing you. My point is, don't be fooled by the actual racists that false racism accusations are more common than real ones.
    Yes, there will always be parasites trying to take advantage of anything and anyone they can (like the actual racists taking advantage of you and others like you who were falsely accused of racism, to try to legitimize their bigoted views), but you need to look at the bigger picture and realize that yes, overt racism is still a thing, and yes, it's still a big deal.
    Black and brown people in predominantly white countries and white people in predominantly black and brown countries live with the very real possibility that one day, some racist mob is going to come over and kill them.
    In my own country, one of the most tolerant in the world, a Colombian immigrant who'd been here since she was a child was severely beaten up by some racist [BAD WORD] who told her to "go back to [her] own country". During interviews, she reported that while the beating was new, the racist attitude was not, and that many people where she grew up would often spout racist epithets at her as "a joke" (see what I said before about actual racists trying to legitimize their racism?), while others were just straight-up bullying her for having brown skin. This is a real phenomenon that you shouldn't discount just because you were falsely accused and/or suspected.

I don't discount it as an issue, I literally live in texas where it is a huge issue, but this thread is simply stupid, the reason behind it, is stupid, the character it's being shot towards is stupid , leatherface deciding he wants to wear claudettes face is not in any way shape or form a racist move by the character itself who likely does'nt even know what racism is, for crying out loud he eats the people he kills and then picks the face he likes most to wear, sure some ######### are gonna use it for racist reasons but the point of it being in the game is about as racist as RE5 having chris redfield shooting african zombies...in africa, Or leon shooting spaniard zombies ....In spain, or even RE6 where people be shooting japanese zombies, In Japan!

And these same folks bitching about it here would be here today bitching about it if the game excluded claudettes face if the devs chose not too include her.

In that case it would actually be something of an issue.

• Ayeknill_lava
    Ayeknill_lava Member Posts: 42
    edited November 2018

@Tydie said:
    Yeah... just don't play the game. Nice answer.

No it isn't because you are just validating racism and that is wrong. The whole idea is wrong and a bunch of you are just standing there defending it because are all small minded.

• Ayeknill_lava
    edited November 2018

@Attackfrog said:

I have had many discussions in real life with educated people about these very ideas. In fact, in some ways, I used to think like you. But Then I started learning and reading....from real educators. I actually began to seek more knowledge, unlike you....who claim to know everything. How does the saying go...

"Trust those that seek the truth and be wary of those that claim to have it"

Telling me to get my teeth ripped out and insulting me tells me exactly how much growing up you have to do yet. I encourage you to do just that, and if you are so passionate, take just one sociology class when you're old enough to go to college.

In the mean time, good luck.

You can say all you want. Who are you? no one knows. for all I know you're bathing in your own feces when you can say you're bathing in rose water. Unlike you you choose to be small minded and narrow minded defending black face is wrong and disgusting. You're just quoting some googled quote acting like you know everything when you're definitely a troll. No one cares how you portrait yourself because in reality people do resort to violence and when they have had enough they will act and I am grown unlike you where you think everyone shits flowers and tosses bouquets at each other in a imaginary world or a "privileged" one like yours. if you are what you say you are then you are not educated and far off rude insulting my opinion and others saying that ours is not validated when we did have the "privilege" to have our colleges paid or worry about our family affairs rather than continue it. Do not degrade people due to their education or status in the world because that is down right rude. Not everyone has the same opportunities as others and as a "educated" person you so claim to be. Read your words wisely before entering what you type.

Post edited by Ayeknill_lava on
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771

@Attackfrog said:

I have had many discussions in real life with educated people about these very ideas. In fact, in some ways, I used to think like you. But Then I started learning and reading....from real educators. I actually began to seek more knowledge, unlike you....who claim to know everything. How does the saying go...

"Trust those that seek the truth and be wary of those that claim to have it"

Telling me to get my teeth ripped out and insulting me tells me exactly how much growing up you have to do yet. I encourage you to do just that, and if you are so passionate, take just one sociology class when you're old enough to go to college.

In the mean time, good luck.

You can say all you want. Who are you? no one knows. for all I know you're bathing in your own feces when you can say you're bathing in rose water. Unlike you you choose to be small minded and narrow minded defending black face is wrong and disgusting. You're just quoting some googled quote acting like you know everything when you're definitely a troll. No one cares how you portrait yourself because in reality people do resort to violence and when they have had enough they will act and I am grown unlike you where you think everyone shits flowers and tosses bouquets at each other in Bleach world. I have taken sociology and other classes before. You are just small minded take a seat and drink bleach cause you are what you eat.

You still haven't proven that Claudette face is the same as Blackface. 

And let me doubt real hard that you have taken sociology classes, or you'd know by personally attacking him and associate him with his arguments as a person you are a taking the shortest path possible when it comes to not actually convincing people and just make a trench war worse.

• Ayeknill_lava

@Jigmac said:
    SoylentPixie said:

OP, for me, this post goes the same way of all the spirit rage threads. In the damn bin.

Not because i don't believe you don't have a right to take issue with this cosmetic. I don't see it as racist because my mind isn't trained to turn something innocuous to me, into something with more meaning, plus I'm usually too busy running from his damn chainsaw to notice whose face he's wearing. However that does not mean someone else cannot take offence to it, if they find offensive meaning. I don't agree with you, but i can sit back and at least try to see it from someone else's point of view.

An ability you sadly seem to lack yourself.

What you have done in this thread is the same thing many have done, the same thing that has rendered their threads soon forgotten or closed down, and their grievances ignored by devs.

You refuse to listen to reasonable posts (please note by this i do NOT mean their posts are right and yours are wrong) because they do not adhere to YOUR interpretation of this cosmetic. You are insulting and in some cases downright rude and dismissive to people who are not immediately grabbing up their flag and joining your charge.

And you aim to try and get what you want by A) Asserting that the cosmetic IS racist despite that not being the intention and only asshat players using it as such which is very few and far between, and B.) pretty much verbally stamping your foot because you think it will get you your way.

Now, you can scream ignorant and racist at me till you're blue in the face and it wont make a blind bit of difference to me. I damn well KNOW in my heart of deepest dark hearts, that i am not a racist, and living in the UK while sick groups like the English Defence League are shouting loud and proud, I'm sure as s**t not ignorant to how serious the situation is outside of video games.

If you truly wanted to do something about this apparently sore subject, then perhaps speaking to the devs directly (there are ways and means if you are passionate enough about your issues) would have been a better plan, rather than charging in here with a demand and belittling anybody who's opinion does not stride alongside yours. You have turned what might have been a legitimate complaint you might have been able to do something about, into a damn circus.

Amen.

You're defending them you're never going to change sit down take a seat cause you're not going to change your prespective. I'm tired of constantly being attacked and trying to nicely tell my side and tell people my thought process however I continue to be attacked by people telling me I'm uneducated and throw insults to my face saying my opinion is not valid when it is. You do not know things I've been through. I'm glad you don't see things as racist as much because these things are not targeted at you on a daily basis. I'm so glad that you live that life and that privilege. However things like this I've seen and been attacked about the pigment of my skin is not okay to do. I do not like seeing this made as a mockery.

• Ayeknill_lava

@AlexAnarchy said:
    Pretty much the best answer to be given in this case. +1

Even though i'm not african american, I just know better than to be this racist about a serial killer taking equal rights into what face he would like to wear~

Worst part about this is these same exact people posting this would be pissed if claudette was the only original survivor excluded from it, No win scenario here.

Survivors like doing Yellow face aka jake and claudette its pretty offensive. I just think leather face should just have his own face and that's it. take away all the cosmetics.

• ChesterTheMolester
    edited November 2018

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Sorry but comparing it to actual, historical blackface is wrong. 

Unlike the real, nowadays very looked down upon Blackface, LF doesn't do it for mockery, its simply based on his habit of creating faces out of human skin, his most iconic mask, is white and he has an asian too. There is no evidence that it has been put in for actual racist intentions. Its Claudette having met the wrong man at the wrong time, like all the others.

Umm.... Are you serious? it is black face.. he is wearing a face that is black.. How do you not comprehend that? Leather face itself doesn't do it as a mockery for himself is a character and I get the fact that he is a killer and does not discriminate however this is a game and people online use it as a tool as a mockery and trolling which comes off offensive in in-game chat when you're being told the N-word. This is a tool that players use to just be down right racist and offensive using Claudette face as a mockery. Same with jake because that is "yellow" face

Using the mask by itself is not racist or offensive by itself, since there are multiple reasons someone may use or prefer that and you can't have any idea whats inside their heads, if its combined with harassment and/or blatant racism then its already a bannable offense, just report that and they'll be removed.
  • AlexAnarchy
    edited November 2018

@Ayeknill_lava said:

Unlike the real, nowadays very looked down upon Blackface, LF doesn't do it for mockery, its simply based on his habit of creating faces out of human skin, his most iconic mask, is white and he has an asian too. There is no evidence that it has been put in for actual racist intentions. Its Claudette having met the wrong man at the wrong time, like all the others.

Umm.... Are you serious? it is black face.. he is wearing a face that is black.. How do you not comprehend that? Leather face itself doesn't do it as a mockery for himself is a character and I get the fact that he is a killer and does not discriminate however this is a game and people online use it as a tool as a mockery and trolling which comes off offensive in in-game chat when you're being told the N-word. This is a tool that players use to just be down right racist and offensive using Claudette face as a mockery. Same with jake because that is "yellow" face

Can we all just report this thread and troll here so it can be closed now? Trying to cause flame wars is a no no afterall.

• ChesterTheMolester

@Ayeknill_lava said:

Can we all just report this thread and OP so i can be closed now? Trying to cause flame wars is a no no afterall.

No, as much as i disagree with them they can say their opinions till they break the rules. 
  • SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

@Khalednazari said:
    OPEN LETTER

To Leatherface, 
    Coldwind Farm
    Somewhere in the basement,
    Entity's Realm No. 358

Dearest Daddy,

You can have my face, but you can never do what I do, or never be who I am. 
    I challenge you to crouch-hide in the bushes wearing my face. I bet you'll still be spotted. It ain't easy what I do. You wear my face, I wear the environment.

You can never really have what I already have - My Best Buddies - Default-Dwight, Long-legged Meg, Pornstar David, Half-blood Killer Nea, and Good 'ol daddy Jake. Oh wait! Jake and I aren't friends anymore.
    Our friendship is a sacred recipe. It's filled with empathy, bond, 5mg Adrenaline, and no matter how high we go, we always have a balanced landing. No amount of Chili is going to ruin that. EVER! 

Last but not the least, this letter is to convey this very important message to not just you, but to everyone who calls you racist, you are anything but racist! Your chainsaw never discriminates. That's all for now. See you in the fog.

Your favourite food, 

Claudette M. Morel 

• crouches back to my natural habitat *

I kind of adore you for this right now <3

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,696

*Leatherface weeps in a corner, alone...

"It's never been about the masks...at least it wasn't..."

*fade to black, "Runaway Train" begins to play.

This discussion has been closed.