Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Survivors - STOP with the Unsafe Unhooks!

NVerde
NVerde Member Posts: 264

Getting really tedious now. Why do so many survivors unhook almost instantly after being hooked so the killer is literally only a few steps away and can down again easily? Especially when you're not running Borrowed Time!

This is happening constantly in my games lately and it's doing my head in. Survivors are a bigger threat than the killer! Rank 8 survivors should not be doing this let alone higher levels. STOP.

Comments

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,500

...idk why its happening without borrowed since thats just suicidal for both...? Then again dirty farmers have existed for forever. Best you can hope is the killer is semi merciful like in these cases ill go after the unhooker for being an idiot. If its near the end game though ill slug you hopefully a teammate gets you.

• NVerde

Every game. Sick of it.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

1k points are 1k points.

Some Players just have really bad game sense :/ The hook stage is 60 sec long. Its totally fine if you unhook 45 sec later.

• NVerde

It's not even close to end game. It's not even close to moving into the struggle phase. It's literally seconds after being hooked. So annoying. There should be a button you can press to refuse being unhooked.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Sounds like you gets lots of solo players.

• BuffySummers
    BuffySummers Member Posts: 23

Something I’ve been experiencing a lot recently is people saving me right under the killers nose without BT, refusing to take a hit and then watching me get downed again. I don’t understand why they’re doing this? Give the killer chance to leave the hook. Why insta-save for me to just get downed again? It makes zero sense. They don’t even get any BP for it, because it’s not a safe hook. I swear so many people who play this game don’t actually know how perks / points work lol.

The flip-side of this is getting teammates WITH BT, who won’t save you if a killer is proxy camping. Why run a perk that activates within the killers terror radius if you won’t use it within the killers terror radius?

Maybe I’m just having a string of bad luck, but this has been happening to me in so many games. It’s one of the reasons I play killer more.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Points and ranking up. Sad but true.

• NVerde

You have misunderstood me. I am not blaming this on the killer at all, I am blaming it on idiotic survivor team mates who are pulling stupid things like this. Please refrain from patronising me when you've misunderstood the point being made.

• NVerde

Agreed, this is happening in a huge number of games lately and what really sucks is there is literally no way to prevent it. When you're on the hook you have no control over when you get unhooked and by doing that, they are essentially just getting you killed quicker. It actually annoys me MORE than people who don't even come for an unhook and leave you to get all the way through most of the struggle phase just from the first hook, which is also super frustrating (when the killer isn't even camping).

• NVerde

That's a shame, the ranking system needs reworking then if this behaviour is essentially being rewarded. We just had the rank reset and in the space of two games I went from Rank 8 (pre reset) to Rank 10 - I don't actually really care much about rank as it happens, but it's incredibly annoying that I am being punished for teammates bad play.

Of course you could argue that I should 'git gud' and shouldn't have been caught and hooked by the killer in the first place - well, I am not a pro so obviously I am going to get hooked sometimes. Especially when a fellow survivor leads the killer directly to me but that's a whole other story!

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

No, I wasn't saying you were, just that a lot of people that do this, will then complain about tunneling and blame it on the killer

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

That's part of the reason why I can't stand solo, teammates always screwing you over.

• BuffySummers
    BuffySummers Member Posts: 23

It definitely changed the way I play as a survivor. Because like you said, once you’re on that hook, there’s no guarantee you’re being saved, so I don’t like being hooked early in the game. The worst thing for me, is when I’m using Kindred and people still won’t save you. I had a Dwight crouch near my hook a few days ago because the killer was proxy camping, but he had so many chances to get me because he could see exactly where the killer was stood / facing. But he let me die. He just sat there and let me die. After the game I noticed he was using BT, so I just eye rolled and went back to playing killer lol.

I did message him out of curiosity to ask why he didn’t save me and he said that the killer was camping. He wasn’t face camping and he had BT and hadn’t even been hooked yet? At times, I can feel myself drastically ageing when I’m in solo Q. 🤣

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804

Had a Dwight yesterday who seemed to be supporting the killer with how aggressive they were unhooking.

I was on the hook when a Jane went to unhook me. She got grabbed off the hook so naturally Dwight to the rescue pulls me off. The second I'm off I get downed again because the killer didn't go anywhere.

Killer hooks the Jane and Dwight immediately unhooks her while the killer picks me up and death hooks me.

Decided it was time for a break after that

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526

I don't understand why some survivors choose to unhook immediately after the killer walks away. Yes, borrowed time can be used this way but, you are still offering the killer free chase and continued pressure on the team.

That being said, I'd say half the Killers I face proxy camp the hooks anyway. As in they almost always come back to catch the unhook. It's a strategy that applies consistent pressure on the team but, they sacrifice gen pressure. Which would be fine if the whole team wasn't trying to save me.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Then they write a forum post about how "tunneling is out of control".

• NVerde

If someone unhooks me right under the killer's nose I expect to be instadowned and rehooked. I don't blame that on the killer at all. I play killer sometimes and I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.