The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

When will console get the 2.0.0 update?

Just wondering since PC got its update recently.

Best Answer

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Answer ✓

SoonTM.
    I don't believe they gave any date. The patch is very likely waiting for Sony and Microsoft to verify the content of dbd patch, which is totally out of control of the dev's control.

Answers

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Runiver said:

SoonTM.
    I don't believe they gave any date. The patch is very likely waiting for Sony and Microsoft to verify the content of dbd patch, which is totally out of control of the dev's control.

I just hope they don’t fail it
  • Tighfield
    Tighfield Member Posts: 3

Considering E3 has been going on, I'd imagine certification is a bit delayed. The devs are doing the best they can with what they can do. Believe me, I want it badly but we are just going to have to wait a week or two.

• theagitatedapricot
    theagitatedapricot Member Posts: 78
    What does E3 have to do with anything? I'm sure, at least I hope, it wouldn't be delayed because of ######### E3.
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    edited June 2018
    I think it’ll take quite a while. At least a week or two. I’ve read that currently there are lots of issues. Like one of The Billy’s Hammer skins, the code for it is completely missing from the game after the update. It’s not the only code that’s simply missing, either. I know this is a database problem, but I don’t know if it will have an effect on the certification process. I believe it will and Sony and Microsoft will denie the certification until it’s resolved. 
  • ThePloopz
    I think it’ll take quite a while. At least a week or two. I’ve read that currently there are lots of issues. Like one of The Billy’s Hammer skins, the code for it is completely missing from the game after the update. It’s not the only code that’s simply missing, either. I know this is a database problem, but I don’t know if it will have an effect on the certification process. I believe it will and Sony and Microsoft will denie the certification until it’s resolved. 
    So do you know if they would need to start the process all over?
  • SovererignKing
    ThePloopz said:
    I believe no, however after the confirmation that the fix patch is ready, they’ll approve the certification of the original patch after they’ve certified the fixing patch as well. 

Basically, they’ll hold off pushing the 2.0.0 patch live till after they certify the patch that fixes the issues. Basically we have to wait for two patches to be certified before we get any patch. Then they’ll release the both at the same time. 
  • ThePloopz
    ThePloopz said:
    I believe no, however after the confirmation that the fix patch is ready, they’ll approve the certification of the original patch after they’ve certified the fixing patch as well. 

Basically, they’ll hold off pushing the 2.0.0 patch live till after they certify the patch that fixes the issues. Basically we have to wait for two patches to be certified before we get any patch. Then they’ll release the both at the same time. 
    How did you find all of this out lol
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    At this point i don't care when we get it. I'm not buying it. I will grind it. Another weak loadout of survivor perks just like Tapp and Quentin. The clown is meh. His perks are not anything i would switch out what i currently use. I will grind it just to have it. 
  • Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415

@fcc2014 said:
    At this point i don't care when we get it. I'm not buying it. I will grind it. Another weak loadout of survivor perks just like Tapp and Quentin. The clown is meh. His perks are not anything i would switch out what i currently use. I will grind it just to have it. 

Not only that, they released it on the PTB on the 29th and still can't get it right. They keep saying that they have QA team, when will they fire the lot is beyond me.

• theagitatedapricot
    theagitatedapricot Member Posts: 78
    edited June 2018
    Deleted.
  • ThePloopz
    fcc2014 said:
    Same here. The only thing I was actually willing to buy was bunny feng and that’s MIA so there’s nothing left I want
  • SovererignKing
    edited June 2018
    ThePloopz said:
    ThePloopz said:

How did you find all of this out lol
    Same certification process Microsoft had for Final Fantasy 11. That was cross platform play between PC and Xbox 360 years ago as well. We had to wait as well back then. Well, PC had to wait as well. Square Enix didn’t release the expansions for PC either till Microsoft certified for the Xbox 360 as well. If there was an issue, the expansion/patch didn’t come out till it was ready, and the hit fix patches were certified as well. You’d download the expansion and 3-4 patches at the same time directly after the expansion was installed. Caused a lot of grief between the PC/console wars debate. 
    Post edited by SovererignKing on
  • ThePloopz
    edited June 2018
    @SovererignKingWell if there’s an issue with the patch isn’t that the devs fault and not Microsoft in that case since they know they have to go through the  process and it has to meet a certain standard 

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    yes, not much longer.  patience.  the devs have been very good to us.
  • xxdean87xx
    xxdean87xx Member Posts: 13
    There always some problem with this game when one sorted another arises no matter what this game will never be 100% full proof and definitely not with the release of there new game
  • SovererignKing
    @ThePloopz

Absolutely. It is the developers fault. However, I’m more than willing to give them a pass and say don’t worry about it. It’s a rather massive update that has many changes to the game, something is going to go wrong. Like at my job, I work with precise machinery. Everything is calibrated to the nearest millimeter. Even the slightest little miscalculation could lead to broken machinery and parts. 

Programming is is in the same boat. One accidental “:” instead of a “;” in the code, and everything falls apart. With the sheer size of this update and DLC, It would be nearly impossible to not have something be wrong. 

As as a player, it’s disappointing and sucks, but i’ll deal with it. I understand their frustration and how hard it is to get the ball rolling on such stuff. (X_x)7
  • BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606

I'd say PS4 and XBOX will get the patch by next Friday.

• JP_Cloud
    JP_Cloud Member Posts: 173
    edited June 2018

It’ll probably also be different for different timezones. SCEA is faster than SCEE. Two weeks in England i suspect from when PC got it.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    Is there any reference with past “big updates” for comparison? Hard to imagine it taking weeks.
  • jessie_12
    jessie_12 Member Posts: 46
    They said 2-3 weeks max in the devs stream today.  I am hoping it doesn’t take that long, but at least we know it shouldn’t be more than 3 weeks.
  • BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    edited June 2018

@Well_Placed_HexTotem said:
    Is there any reference with past “big updates” for comparison? Hard to imagine it taking weeks.

I remember Friday the 13th having to go through console cert too for their patches and that didn't take no more than a week. But it might take longer for this patch because they have to add auric cell transactions into the console stores.

• ThePloopz
    jessie_12 said:
    They said 2-3 weeks max in the devs stream today.  I am hoping it doesn’t take that long, but at least we know it shouldn’t be more than 3 weeks.
    I’d prepare for a month wait
  • jessie_12
    lol, maybe I'd be better saying we should get it sometime this year!!
  • ThePloopz
    edited June 2018
    jessie_12 said:
    lol, maybe I'd be better saying we should get it sometime this year!!
    I think that’s a little too early. I’d say sometime this century because I think that gives them enough wiggle room in the schedules
    Post edited by ThePloopz on
  • jessie_12
    Haha..idk might be cutting it close
  • Jeeperrs
    Jeeperrs Member Posts: 46

I remember the Pig came out on Xbox before PC last time.

• SovererignKing
    Jeeperrs said:

That was an accident with the Microsoft store. Though it was insane how many people were in full rage mode about it.
  • ThePloopz
    Jeeperrs said:

That was an accident with the Microsoft store. Though it was insane how many people were in full rage mode about it.
    It exposed so much hypocrisy 
  • deadbydaylightfan
    deadbydaylightfan Member Posts: 262
    Can’t wait for this update but I mean if they are saying 2-3 weeks they obviously didn’t put it into certification 3-4 days before like they said Friday the 13th had a full on ENGINE upgrade and their cert took a week and a few days so I think them saying 3 weeks at most either means they failed the certification or they only put it in now but I’ll wait cause I’m excited af
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@ArryFrostfire said:
    Just wondering since PC got its update recently.

When Sony/microsoft are done with their verification process, better ask them

• deadbydaylightfan
    deadbydaylightfan Member Posts: 262
    Well the ps4 and Xbox tournaments are on the 23rd and 24th so I’d say before then if we’re lucky
  • WillGaming
    WillGaming Member Posts: 1

@Runiver said:
    SoonTM.

Why on Earth are they even releasing it at the same time. Just have the certification ready so that they can be released at the same time. The devs had plenty of time to start it, then it wouldn't be out of the devs control, which is ridiculous, as they should be able to decide when they release their update for their game.

• ThePloopz

@Runiver said:
    SoonTM.

Why on Earth are they even releasing it at the same time. Just have the certification ready so that they can be released at the same time. The devs had plenty of time to start it, then it wouldn't be out of the devs control, which is ridiculous, as they should be able to decide when they release their update for their game.

They don’t own the consoles so they can’t decide when it gets released until Sony/Microsoft are done with cert. 
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@WillGaming said:

@Runiver said:
    SoonTM.

Devs choice.
    As far as I know, the last time a similar situation happened, Microsoft released the patch without even asking BHVR to confirm, which was fun times.

I imagine they do that in case of the patches not being certified for X reasons, so they don't delay the PC release furthermore due to console, since this game is originally made for PC and not for consoles.