The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Chat filter #####

Deadeye
Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

I know devs said there is no intent to put on an option to enable chat filter. But REALLY please think about it or just remove it again. It is more annoying than reading the flaming in chat. Pls all, put in your examples of where it fails to get a huge list of how bad this filter is. I will also return everytime to update when I found something new or something I forgot.

• my friend is called camy. I typed something like "that hit on camy was strange" and "on camy" got censored
  • I can't write german in chat. Random words, which I don't even know why they should be censored with english mindset, are filtered. Like every third sentence. Stuff like 'oh man' in german -> "mann" is censored
    • "jap" is the german equal to "yup", also is censored

Comments

• Mon_Tizzle
    Mon_Tizzle Member Posts: 10

They act like this is a kids game, there is murder blood and gore. We don't need a non toggleable chat filter that is worse than Roblox. If people are that offended by what's being said close the chat!!!!

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

"Next to the street gate" -> "to the street" is censored

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Funny you should say that, because kids and teens are the ones who use profanity every other sentence. As I grew older, I noticed that adults who acted the part rarely used profanity at all. Not because they're "no-no words" (which, incidentally, is why kids and teens use them so much, because of the "thrill" of saying/doing something "naughty"), but because there's really no need, and using them every other sentence decreases their impact.

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305

In my opinion, a filter is a good idea, but only if it solely filters out genuinely offensive remarks, like highly offensive language and slurs etc...

In a mature rated game, I don't see the point in filtering out barely offensive/often completely harmless phrases. It just causes more problems than it solves. The system currently is far too over-sensitive, and major changes need to be made.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

"Jap" is understandable because it's frequently used as a derogatory slur towards Japanese (or sometimes just Asian in general) people. Can't understand censoring something like "mann" though. I'm struggling to think of what potentially offensive word that one could even be confused with.

I know you don't like me very much but I agree with this.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Meanwhile i called myself a moron in chat and that didn't get cencored.

It's a good thing to implent but it needs work