Could we talk about the Nurse?

I am seriously trying to get my skill up with Nurse so I don’t just have this useless character hanging out in my roster that I never use. I know that will have plenty of you crying blasphemy and protesting that she is greatest ever. I simply have not experienced this AT ALL. For one, I play PS4 so I think the degree of accuracy I get out of her blink is minimized even after cranking up the sensitivity. From what I understand tactically speaking she more of a long range ambush character, pinpointing Survivor locations and blinking to score hits since chasing is useless and the fatigue gives them a chance to break line of sight. I’ve been running Insidious to capitalize on this, but at this point I’m honestly looking for feedback—tips, tactics, builds, anything other than “git gud”. I’m not looking to whine about it and I’m not claiming to be some great player, but I’m looking to get excited about using her again... thanks.

Comments

• Dolphin9192
    Dolphin9192 Member Posts: 130

I play on console as well and I have been using her for the past two days in order to get better with her too. I find NOED a big help and using survivors greed against them almost always works (If you have a bad game people will stick around to open both exit gates) so Insidious is useful. Stridor helps with chases when they brake line of sight on you. I have a low level Nurse so I don't have many perks but I have found them to be a help. Also did turning up the sensitivity help at all? I have been playing with it on its default setting.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    It's difficult to use her on ps4, but not impossible.
    I personally had good matches playing with her. If fatigue is an issue to you run Shadowborn, it will help.
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

She is rough with a controller. I've tried her on PC with a controller and it didn't go down well. Also worth mentioning that the max sensitivity is pretty #########, which is a real bad thing with the Nurse.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@thrashed2pieces said:
     I am seriously trying to get my skill up with Nurse so I don’t just have this useless character hanging out in my roster that I never use. I know that will have plenty of you crying blasphemy and protesting that she is greatest ever. I simply have not experienced this AT ALL. For one, I play PS4 so I think the degree of accuracy I get out of her blink is minimized even after cranking up the sensitivity. From what I understand tactically speaking she more of a long range ambush character, pinpointing Survivor locations and blinking to score hits since chasing is useless and the fatigue gives them a chance to break line of sight. I’ve been running Insidious to capitalize on this, but at this point I’m honestly looking for feedback—tips, tactics, builds, anything other than “git gud”. I’m not looking to whine about it and I’m not claiming to be some great player, but I’m looking to get excited about using her again... thanks.

Try upping your sensitvity up the maximum. Thats what other console nurses have suggested

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Master said:

@thrashed2pieces said:

Try upping your sensitvity up the maximum. Thats what other console nurses have suggested

Doesn't work I tried it back when I used to play on xbox. It doesn't help at all. Hopefully in the console patch they'll buff her in console to be as strong as Nurse on PC since she's unplayable on console. The slower turning really hurts her and Huntress.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    edited November 2018

the nurse is better on pc, not because it's easier to point and click on a mouse and keyboard (it is, but a good killer on ps4 is a good killer.) But because of the Frame loss on ps4. The lag and such that is experienced makes killers that don't have a hard time keeping an eye on survivors tough to play.

However, the best thing you can do, is predict where people are going to run, and blink there.

I say this as someone that hit rank 1 killer on PS4 and rank 2 on PC last month.

• PatchNoir
    PatchNoir Member Posts: 600

i already make a post about that same problem on console, nurse is a dead killer and when the game start she already lost, nurse could have a decent basic speed to chase to not be forced to blink, imagine killers being forced to use their habilities its dumb mechanic. So please devs make nurse like 10 % faster than survivors, maybe it would help.

• Vietfox
    edited November 2018
    PatchNoir said:

i already make a post about that same problem on console, nurse is a dead killer and when the game start she already lost, nurse could have a decent basic speed to chase to not be forced to blink, imagine killers being forced to use their habilities its dumb mechanic. So please devs make nurse like 10 % faster than survivors, maybe it would help.

@PatchNoir
    Omg i dont know where to start.
    1 - nurse is a dead killer on console just because people are too lazy to try to get good with her.
    2 - when the game starts she already lost? I've gotten 4K with her while being drunk.
    3 - Nurse is slow due to her ability to teleport. An extra 10% would make her insanely op.
    4 - "imagine killers being forced to use their habilities its dumb mechanic."
    That's the sentence which made me think you were trolling, but i think you are not.
  • Master

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@thrashed2pieces said:

Doesn't work I tried it back when I used to play on xbox. It doesn't help at all. Hopefully in the console patch they'll buff her in console to be as strong as Nurse on PC since she's unplayable on console. The slower turning really hurts her and Huntress.

I highly doubt that they will do two builds of the game

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@thrashed2pieces said:

I mean the turning sorry should have said so.

• Crizpen
    Crizpen Member Posts: 129
    edited November 2018

@thrashed2pieces said:

As others have pointed out, you'll always have more difficulty with the Nurse on console and using a controller. There just isn't a good way around that, even with sensitivity maxed, it's no substitute for a mouse.

That said, the one thing that surprised me in your post was that you're running Insidious on her. I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind that. The Nurse's strength is her mobility, and insidious robs her of that since you have to be standing still for it to work at all.

The strongest perks, for the Nurse, in my experience are:

BBQ and Chili - crossing the map quickly to get the hits when you see their auras.
    A Nurse's Calling - great for any killer, but particularly for one who can close that distance and get the second smack instantly.
    Sloppy Butcher - Enhancing opportunities for A Nurse's Calling, also slows down the game.
    Hex: Ruin - Slow the game down, just a little bit.
    Monitor and Abuse - I'm a little iffy on this one for nurse, but it can be very helpful in not allowing survivors to counter Nurse's Calling by not healing in the terror radius.

Obviously, you can't take all of those in a match, but they capitalize on the Nurse's strengths. Insidious is a pretty lame perk, which I've only seen used effectively in a Cannibal's basement build.

Edit: Since, on console, you're more likely to see the end game with the Nurse, NOED can be more helpful there, and as was mentioned, Shadowborn, if you're having trouble keeping up with survivors during the fatigue.

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

@thrashed2pieces said:

on ps4 i find the best use of the nurse is ytoo
    1 find a exit gate
    2 blink behind it
    3 run noed and insidious
    4 wait until gates are powered
    5 when gate opens take down anyone trying to escape
    6 profit

• thrashed2pieces
    thrashed2pieces Member Posts: 57
    Thanks for everyone’s responses, I’ll try giving  short feedback on relevant comments 🙂

I play on console as well and I have been using her for the past two days in order to get better with her too. I find NOED a big help and using survivors greed against them almost always works (If you have a bad game people will stick around to open both exit gates) so Insidious is useful. Stridor helps with chases when they brake line of sight on you. I have a low level Nurse so I don't have many perks but I have found them to be a help. Also did turning up the sensitivity help at all? I have been playing with it on its default setting.

@Dolphin9192 yeah I’ve been using a similar build, I’ll try incorporating some of those additional tactics.

Vietfox said:
    PatchNoir said:

@PatchNoir
    1 - nurse is a dead killer on console just because people are too lazy to try to get good with her.
    2 - when the game starts she already lost? I've gotten 4K with her while being drunk.
    3 - Nurse is slow due to her ability to teleport. An extra 10% would make her insanely op.
    That's the sentence which made me think you were trolling, but i think you are not.
    @Vietfox I understand where you’re coming from, and while I also don’t expect the devs to start giving special treatment to console, my OP was seeking console advice. You’re right, adjusting MS for her would make the Nurse OP (especially for PC, it would break her), but what are your suggestions? It’s not just for my benefit, it’s for anyone on console... she’s infamously unpopular, that much is plain to see.

Crizpen said:

As others have pointed out, you'll always have more difficulty with the Nurse on console and using a controller. There just isn't a good way around that, even with sensitivity maxed, it's no substitute for a mouse.

That said, the one thing that surprised me in your post was that you're running Insidious on her. I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind that. The Nurse's strength is her mobility, and insidious robs her of that since you have to be standing still for it to work at all.

BBQ and Chili - crossing the map quickly to get the hits when you see their auras.
    A Nurse's Calling - great for any killer, but particularly for one who can close that distance and get the second smack instantly.
    Sloppy Butcher - Enhancing opportunities for A Nurse's Calling, also slows down the game.
    Monitor and Abuse - I'm a little iffy on this one for nurse, but it can be very helpful in not allowing survivors to counter Nurse's Calling by not healing in the terror radius.

Obviously, you can't take all of those in a match, but they capitalize on the Nurse's strengths. Insidious is a pretty lame perk, which I've only seen used effectively in a Cannibal's basement build.

Edit: Since, on console, you're more likely to see the end game with the Nurse, NOED can be more helpful there, and as was mentioned, Shadowborn, if you're having trouble keeping up with survivors during the fatigue.

@Crizpen excellent points... Insidious builds might be relying too much on people getting in range and kind of “falling in a trap” that’s unrealistic to pull off. I like where you’re going with the Teachables, especially BBQ... I may have to experiment.

1 find a exit gate
    2 blink behind it
    3 run noed and insidious
    6 profit

@friendlykillermain yeah that’s kind of what I’ve been doing but it just doesn’t give me consistent results that I’m looking for like I get with other Killers... and based off what @Crizpen was saying above, I might be rethinking the wait and pounce thing.

Thanks everyone, this gives me more to work with.
  • friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

@thrashed2pieces said:
    Thanks for everyone’s responses, I’ll try giving  short feedback on relevant comments 🙂
    Dolphin9192 said:

@Dolphin9192 yeah I’ve been using a similar build, I’ll try incorporating some of those additional tactics.
    Vietfox said:

PatchNoir said:

@PatchNoir

@Vietfox I understand where you’re coming from, and while I also don’t expect the devs to start giving special treatment to console, my OP was seeking console advice. You’re right, adjusting MS for her would make the Nurse OP (especially for PC, it would break her), but what are your suggestions? It’s not just for my benefit, it’s for anyone on console... she’s infamously unpopular, that much is plain to see.
    Crizpen said:

@Crizpen excellent points... Insidious builds might be relying too much on people getting in range and kind of “falling in a trap” that’s unrealistic to pull off. I like where you’re going with the Teachables, especially BBQ... I may have to experiment.
    friendlykillermain said

1 find a exit gate

2 blink behind it

3 run noed and insidious

6 profit

@friendlykillermain yeah that’s kind of what I’ve been doing but it just doesn’t give me consistent results that I’m looking for like I get with other Killers... and based off what @Crizpen was saying above, I might be rethinking the wait and pounce thing.

Thanks everyone, this gives me more to work with.

i wish i was god with nurse but still the pounce thing always hilarious to do

• Master

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@thrashed2pieces said:

I mean the turning sorry should have said so.

So whats your suggestion?
    XBOX might get native M/K support, but PS.... :lol:

• PatchNoir

@Vietfox said:
    PatchNoir said:

@PatchNoir

Not trolling but think about that, imagine hag slower than survivor and then being forced to make survivors step on traps (dumb mechanic), but console nurse is that, forced to blink lost line of sight and these things, your 4K was in what rank?

• Vietfox
    PatchNoir said:

@Vietfox said:
    PatchNoir said:

@PatchNoir

Not trolling but think about that, imagine hag slower than survivor and then being forced to make survivors step on traps (dumb mechanic), but console nurse is that, forced to blink lost line of sight and these things, your 4K was in what rank?

@PatchNoir
    From 10 to 1, right after the rank reset from last month, then i changed to LF till the new reset.
    All killers are faster than survivors, but nurse and the hag are just slightly faster for a very good reason, their power.
    If the LoS is a problem just run shadowborn, that's what i did with the nurse.
    Yes, nurses have a harder time on console but that's exactly what made me wanna get good with her. If you put enough dedication you'll manage to get good matches.
    I'm not playing much this month, but i really want to play with her as soon as i can.
  • PatchNoir

@Vietfox said:
    PatchNoir said:

@Vietfox said:

PatchNoir said:

@PatchNoir

@PatchNoir
    From 10 to 1, right after the rank reset from last month, then i changed to LF till the new reset.
    All killers are faster than survivors, but nurse and the hag are just slightly faster for a very good reason, their power.
    Yes, nurses have a harder time on console but that's exactly what made me wanna get good with her. If you put enough dedication you'll manage to get good matches.
    I'm not playing much this month, but i really want to play with her as soon as i can.

No nurse is not slight faster, survivor speed is 100, nurse is 96, hag is 110. Im asking for like 105 speed nurse for balance not a Monstruous thing.
    Shadowborn is a good perk and i use it but remember this is a important perk slot wasted for a game base mechanic.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@PatchNoir said:
    No nurse is not slight faster, survivor speed is 100, nurse is 96, hag is 110. Im asking for like 105 speed nurse for balance not a Monstruous thing.
    Shadowborn is a good perk and i use it but remember this is a important perk slot wasted for a game base mechanic.

Nurse is fine as she is. Her base kit doesn't need buffs or nerfs.

• Vietfox
    PatchNoir said:

@Vietfox said:
    PatchNoir said:

@Vietfox said:

PatchNoir said:

@PatchNoir

@PatchNoir

Mmh i thought it was a bit higher than 96, i guess i never noticed that because i never chase survivors without blinking.
    It's not wasted perk slot if it's useful lol. The nurse has many other advantages that don't require her to run other perks, like brutal strenght, enduring, spirit fury... So it's a good trade for me.

• PatchNoir

@Vietfox said:
    PatchNoir said:

@Vietfox said:

PatchNoir said:

@Vietfox said:

PatchNoir said:

i already make a post about that same problem on console, nurse is a dead killer and when the game start she already lost, nurse could have a decent basic speed to chase to not be forced to blink, imagine killers being forced to use their habilities its dumb mechanic. So please devs make nurse like 10 % faster than survivors, maybe it would help. @PatchNoir

Not trolling but think about that, imagine hag slower than survivor  and then being forced to make survivors step on traps (dumb mechanic), but console nurse is that, forced to blink lost line of sight and these things, your 4K was in what rank?

@PatchNoir

Mmh i thought it was a bit higher than 96, i guess i never noticed that because i never chase survivors without blinking.
    It's not wasted perk slot if it's useful lol. The nurse has many other advantages that don't require her to run other perks, like brutal strenght, enduring, spirit fury... So it's a good trade for me.

@Vietfox @Orion

Viet in autohaven wreckers we have some small tires near a cliff that if you blink trough it you get far from the survivor looping it and you have to hunt them down, thats how i find out she was heavier than a survivor and did research ;-;, Orion we are asking the changes for console the way to properly balance the game on console is different than PC.

I dont know if i can use what i am going to say as a argument but today ochido had make a video playing survivor agains a nurse on console, you can see on video that the nurse have ages with experience as a killer but she cant properly hunt, ochido said "if you wanna play nurse buy the PC version", and "i dont play against a nurse since months".And sadly thats true.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

PC and console will always share the same build, so what you're asking for cannot be done.

• thrashed2pieces
    @Orion you’re probably right, I tend to agree that BHVR isn’t in the business of creating a divergence between platforms by making the game different. I think the only way to make her competitive on console is to focus on loading her with Teachables that focus aura reading and beefing her downing ability. You are pretty much forced to compensate, whereas PC Nurse mains don’t have the same set of problems to worry about.
  • Crizpen
    Crizpen Member Posts: 129

What it really comes down to is:

1. You choose to play this game.
    2. With it available on multiple platforms, you chose to play it on console.
    3. There are both benefits and hindrances to playing on one platform compared to another. (And before you say there is no downside to playing on PC: I spent a hell of a lot more on my machine than you did on your console, and playing a game on PC stops me from doing other tasks on it. Basically, all the reasons you didn't pick it up on Steam).
    4. There are 13, soon to be 14, available killers for you to choose from, and another 13 survivors. You're wanting to play 1 in particular, despite knowing the complications with playing her with a controller instead of a mouse.
    5. It isn't the job of the dev's to alter game mechanics to accommodate your every choice. Hell, if a player is deaf in one ear, would it be the job of the devs to create a different visual layout so they can always know what direction every sound is coming from? Of course not: it would be ridiculous to expect game designers to have to accommodate for every possible handicap a player may come to the game with, and yet you're asking them to accommodate the informed choices you made?

I don't know, when you look at it in that light, it sounds pretty selfish to ask the dev's to bend over backward for you, when it's entirely your decision what platform to play on, and which character to play.

• thrashed2pieces
    Crizpen said:

What it really comes down to is:

1. You choose to play this game.
    2. With it available on multiple platforms, you chose to play it on console.
    3. There are both benefits and hindrances to playing on one platform compared to another. (And before you say there is no downside to playing on PC: I spent a hell of a lot more on my machine than you did on your console, and playing a game on PC stops me from doing other tasks on it. Basically, all the reasons you didn't pick it up on Steam).
    4. There are 13, soon to be 14, available killers for you to choose from, and another 13 survivors. You're wanting to play 1 in particular, despite knowing the complications with playing her with a controller instead of a mouse.
    5. It isn't the job of the dev's to alter game mechanics to accommodate your every choice. Hell, if a player is deaf in one ear, would it be the job of the devs to create a different visual layout so they can always know what direction every sound is coming from? Of course not: it would be ridiculous to expect game designers to have to accommodate for every possible handicap a player may come to the game with, and yet you're asking them to accommodate the informed choices you made?

I don't know, when you look at it in that light, it sounds pretty selfish to ask the dev's to bend over backward for you, when it's entirely your decision what platform to play on, and which character to play.

@Crizpen Honestly I think most people realize that changing the game’ baseline isn’t in the devs job description like I said before. The purpose of this post was just to brainstorm how best to utilize Nurse on console without dev intervention. I’d say we’ve got a good start, if other people have ideas I’d still like to hear it.