Why is it so hard for some people to grasp that Trickster doesn't NEED to "look like a killer"?

13»

Comments

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

For people that don't like persons who are different it may be out of place in the game. For me he fulfills every condition to be a killer in dbd..

I think the ones that thinks this killer don't fit here are the same people that treated rockstars in the past as satanist and effeminate for leaving their hair long and using makeup. Sinceraly this thoughts needs to go away, its time to evolve since discrimination doesn't do any good to the world.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Well it's not meant to. But lore and character are inextricable parts of a killer's aesthetic, and the much more romantic-esque close-up on the psyche of Asian Madonna but murderous is much more interesting than Little Red Riding Hood joins a cult.

• JasmineDragon
    JasmineDragon Member Posts: 372

what are you even trying to say,,, Im literally saying nothing about kpop, literally at all? Im just saying this is something a kpop artist would wear, because it is literally designed to be? The problem is he doesn't look like a killer, he literally just looks like a person dressed in an edgier kpop style. Thats not speaking poorly of kpop or anything related to it

• BreadLord
    BreadLord Member Posts: 274

In that case imagine the next paranormal movie to have a bright neon colorful hair ghost asking how your day is. Imagine the next silent hill movie with a pink hair feminists, imagine the next texas chainsaw massacre movie but hes just a chick with long pink hair and anime eyew

• LynnMoon
    LynnMoon Member Posts: 8

He doesn't look like a killer to you. *

He does look like a killer to me. I think he fits perfectly fine in the game and I enjoy his design. I don't care for all the 'grimy' things and monsters all the time, it's nice that he's different.

• JasmineDragon

Ive already gone into excessive detail explaining the differences in theming present here in another chain in this thread, Im not getting into this again.

But then you must have an irrational fear of kpop stars, because this is legit just one of the edgier ones with a small amount of fake blood on his face and chest, something they already have done for aesthetic purposes. A bright, open outfit that exposes a lot of skin is inherently designed to be attractive and pleasant, by design. Its an inherent problem when you are trying to make something universally threatening on sight

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I just wanted him to wear a mask, since theres no reason for him not to wear one apart from fanservice

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

This argument is inherently stupid in itself.

He fits almost all the themes of a killer from Dead by daylight his backstory his overall all audio and aesthetic fit into what the game is.

I prefer you make a killer that works with the feeling that you're going for as opposed to just sticking in some random big demon creature that is brand as hell. Because it fits more

Michael Myers is legitimately a lanky guy in a jumpsuit and a plain mask however what makes him feel like a good killer it's because it's blank his look is plain it fits into the theme of there being nothing there no emotion no real person behind it's just evil personified so the plain blank and assuming look fits in very well.

The Legion is meant to fit into the mentality that anybody can be a killer and you wouldn't know. People who seem normal on the surface can possibly be hiding dark intentions within them all those dark intentions or those dark intentions can easily be grown and manifested by somebody.

Legion looking close to normal survivors just with the masks that hide who they truly are really fit in with the character then normal teenagers Frank just turned them dark or darker than they already were.

Aesthetically speaking trickster hits the theme of a Killer artist perfectly from his backstory to his design and as well as his audio and more.

So yes he fits the theme of a dead by daylight killer if you're going to be super narrow-minded about it and complain that he doesn't fit because he know big monster then yeah but he definitely fit.

• JasmineDragon

He doesnt fit because he isn't a slasher killer, hes psych horror. I went into this in super detail in this thread and I said Im not going into it again. If you want to see my point, its there in excruciating detail.

I also need to say in regards to this "Aesthetically speaking trickster hits the theme of a Killer artist perfectly from his backstory to his design and as well as his audio and more."

Lets talk about design then.

He threw knives as a kid.

He was a kpop star

He lured people in and drugged them to then disembowel them

He let his friends burn to death

In game he looks like a Kpop star

In game he throws knives

So his power has nothing to do with his profession, his means of killing, his pertinent story, are all irrelevant to his in game power. Literally anyone can just tag on "they threw knives as a kid" and have the same effect.

In life, he was a kpop star. His outfit resembles, nothing, it signifies nothing. Its literally just him, just dressed in his normal outfit.

So you have a power unrelated to his identity entirely, and an outfit that, while striking, IS just a normal guy wearing his normal clothes with nothing special about them.

He is objectively poorly designed from every thematic avenue.

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583

Prolly because no one actually cares about a killer based on if they are in some pop band.

I think this killer was introduced as a excuse for someone in the dev team to add some band artist or something they really like.

In any case, I don't think I have heard anyone say this before. I am more focused on how bad his power is...

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I think its because its a poor concept. I just doesn't feel dark and gritty like the rest of DBD, its to bright and poppy.

Why a K-pop star? I feels so "lets try and corner more asian gamer market" with the cartoon anime esq. intro etc etc. Its hammy and kinda poorly done.

His aestheitc is jarring when compared to the rest of the aesthetic of the game. From the neon colorising to the sparkly glow daggers it all just doesn't fit.

Even the clown's elephant suit has a kind of downtrodden sadness about it. Its almost sickeningly depressing in what a joke it all is and thus still kinda fits with the gritty nature of the game.

No part of pink and purple glow bat with lip gloss says dark and gritty. Something has been lost.

Even the menu music has gone from a subdued dark guitar to a synth drum beat that sounds like something a 10 year old would make on his laptop with a free online music maker.

So from his jarring colorising, rediculous sounds and animations, and button mash gameplay he just feels out of place and incredibly underwhelming.

Basically if the Trickster can be a DBD killer so can Spongbob square pants, Gumby and Pinochio.