Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do you think you belong in red ranks?

Lx_malice
Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Legit question for all my fellow red rank players out there. We all know that rank means little to nothing, but let's say, hypothetically, rank was an actual accurate measure of your skill. Do you believe that you would still deserve to be in red ranks? Why? If not then what rank do you think you'd actually be in?

ยซ1

Comments

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

In skill based games I always get little below average rank. Gold nova 3 in csgo, Gold 2 in Rocket league. I invested 2300 hours in Dbd and Often I get stuck between rank 4 and 5. But it's fair to say I don't play sweaty and don't use most powerfull stuff. I can reach rank 1 with my Huntress without slowdown perks and no addons. But most of the time I play killers to waste bp offerings before prestige.

Do I belong to red ranks? I'm not good with half killers, but I somehow outplay most purple rank survivors. So we probably all not that good.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

I'm in yellow ranks as survivor, not because i'm bad (1.5k + hours, been playing since late 2016), but i don't really play much (this month i think i played like 5 matches in total as killer and survivor). That's why i think MMR would be useful, i'm playing with mostly newbies and i don't think i've died once since the start of the year. New killers can't really keep up with my playstyle and i end up surviving every match. I think this is the reason i don't play that much, it's not interesting "dominating" every game and i end up getting bored pretty quick.

And to ask your initial question, i think i should be in red ranks, but since i don't play that much it's kinda impossible for me to get to red ranks in just a month.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited April 2021

If there was a Magenta rank, itโ€™s between red and purple thatโ€™s where Iโ€™d belong.

Sometimes โ€œwhen Iโ€™m good, Iโ€™m very good, but when Iโ€™m bad Iโ€™m betterโ€ ๐Ÿ˜‹

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    edited April 2021

Survivor Side: Not really. I'm okay at looping, but some killers I still don't know how to counter. Put me against a decent Deathslinger, Huntress, Bubba, or Hillbilly, and I really don't know what I'm doing. Especially if I'm not near a window. I'll get bodied against most decent to good killers. I panic way too much. I'm closer to a Purple Rank survivor.

Killer Side: Oh definitely NOT. I get bullied by flashlight squads pretty easily, even when I bring Franklin's. Even on killer sided maps. I also play WAY too nicely. I'm closer to a Green Rank killer if I'm being honest. I make way too many stupid mistakes, and haven't learned to mindgame yet.

• Anara
    Anara Member Posts: 1,297

Against M1 killers I deserve to be red rank, but take me against a Huntress or Deathslinger, I deserve to be green or yellow ๐Ÿ˜‚

It really depend on the killer, but I wish I could came back and stay in green/purple ranks.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Nope, but getting to red ranks is half part your skill, half part your opponents' ineptitude.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

As a measure of time invested... sadly overwhelmingly yes.

As a measure of skill....absolutely not.

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563

Luckily I'm not a red rank killer I stay around green and purple which is very much where my skill is at. But as a red rank survivor I'm really inconsistent I've got rank 1 but I think that's because I run BT, small game, and are ballsey on gen completion so I get the emblems to pip but I'm not a looping god like some red ranks are.

• Babawizwiz
    Babawizwiz Member Posts: 347

Yes for Killer. No for Survivor. I run WOO and lose the chases whenever the killer moonwalks

• KiPi
    KiPi Member Posts: 43

Definitely nope xD

Got the achievement for both side reaching Rank 1, but I certainly do not belong there for either role.

Surv: Still don't know many maps sufficient enough to run the Killer efficient enough. Might be purple though, can't really measure my own skill :x

Killer: I am only good with some, good meaning I would place myself confidently into purple. Most Killers though I would say I am middle to high green. But yeah...hard to rate myself.

• A_Creative_Name
    A_Creative_Name Member Posts: 23

######### no lol. I am the most boosted mofo as a survivor but as killer i guess i could justify myself as a red rank. Ironically im a green rank as killer and purple as survivor....

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804

No. I want off Mr. bones wild ride.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited April 2021

Define belong? Am I in the upper % of players? Hell no. Not even close.

However most red ranks have me beating my head against the desk so I certainly don't deserve to be in a lower rank than those.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

For killer I belong there, for survivor definitely not. I play more casually when it comes to survivor, but I play more "competitively" as a killer. Now I ain't a comp player, but I do enjoy playing chill and competitive at the same time.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

I am in red ranks and totally do not belong there.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

As Killer? Yes.

Survivor? No.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

I think yes. Surely not one of the best on either sad, but good enough for rank 3 or 4, I would guess :).

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

If you see many flashlight, I would prefer lightborn to franklins. Or play evil and take both with you :D. Lightborn makes for really chill games against flashlights, and often you get free hits / downs when survs do not realize you have it.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

I definitely don't. I'm purple rank at least

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Hell no. Maybe for killer but definitely not for survivor.

• Shenshen
    Shenshen Member Posts: 256

As killer I'm pretty sure I would stay in red ranks but not as survivor. I have a more support playstyle as survivor because I can't loop, so I don't know how well I would do.

• sesawyer3127
    sesawyer3127 Member Posts: 342

I have actually thought about this for a few weeks now. At first I was like I am not that good as a solo survivor to be at red ranks and I must have been carried by other better players. This may be true if your running SWF but not solo gaming. However, since the rank reset I am struggling to get back there. I dont know why this is,,,is it because of the rank reset or I am not actually as okay as I thought I was? Finally, I have to tell myself that almost every other game there is a solo survivor suiciding on the hook or DC'ing after their first down and then I am reminded this is a team sport and if they team sucks we all do. Unfortunately, this has a direct affect on my ranking. So I have stopped looking at that little number in the upper right hand corner of my screen, it doesnt meaning anything.

• KrosseKrabbePizza
    KrosseKrabbePizza Member Posts: 161
    edited April 2021

If redrank would be really only including the best 20% of players = hell no! I would see myself as a purple. I know what to do in mostly every situation but i have a lack of skill in looping some killers (huntress, spireeh, slinger).

Also i hate the trapper, when i play against him i am rank 30.

But when i see my solo queue mates, i sometimes think i am the only one with a brain.

As a killer, i would love to only play in green ranks because i get bullied way to often, even by weaker survivors because i overthink mindgaming and end up mindgaming myself way too often.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Maybe I don't know if I would belong in red rank if rank messured skills. Currently I'm rank 1. But if rank messured skills, I think I would be a rank 5 or 4 player. I make many misstakes, I get lost easy, my reactions aren't that great, and I'm too greedy. But I would say that I can preform well enough for rank 5-4.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219
    edited April 2021

Well, i think i would stay in the lower red ranks as survivor, because i have several rare survivor skills and can do things most other survivors cannot, and some even think impossible. I know that many survivors lack that skills (i only play solo)

1. I know math. Thats important for some of the other things
    2. i run Self Care (because i play solo survivor with russians. you need it), but i know when to self care and when not to.
    3. i can do bones, all alone if nessecary, and i dont even need a perk slot for it.
    4. i dont have to run around the map to search for totems, i can just check the spots on the tiles from one gen to another, so not much time is lost.
    5. i am not allergic to gens, and i know when to stay at one.
    6. i know how to play different vs different killers, for example i dont have to rush in to make that unhook while the others just crouch in, just because its a hag.
    7. I can lose spirit in a chase (sure, not every spirit, but enough to deal with most i encounter)
    8. i know how to lose nurse in a chase (again, not every nurse, but 80% of them)
    9. i can do save unhooks, and am even able to tank a hit if the killer camps or suddenly comes back
    10. i also know when to just lead the killer away from the hook without unhooking the survivor so someone else can do a save unhook
    11. i know where not to run the killer to in a chase, like that hooked survivor, or the gen i know 2 people have nearly finished.
    12. I can hit skill checks, even while in madness, most of the time.
    13. I know when to finish a gen first, and heal or do totems later
    14. i know why to do central gens first
    15. i can juke killers, and make them lose me in a chase, a lot of the time (i know some peopel think a chase that doesnt end with a hook is bad for some reason, so maybe thats a point against me)
    16. i know how to hide from a killer while he searches around that gen that stops regressing the moment he turns.
    17. i can distract the killer without teabagging.
    18. i know when to use a pallet, and when dont
    19. i know when to use a toolbox, and when to save it.
    20. i know when to tank a hit for a teammate.
    21. I know to heal while on the ground
    22. i know how to pallet save.
    23. i know how to block the killer if needed.

So yeah, i think i am above average as a survivor, and therefor would still belong in red ranks

As killer, i dont belong in red ranks, and i wouldnt get there if it was skill based. (although a lot of players on the forums claim killer need no skill anyway, would red ranks be empty for killers?)

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on
  • Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I mean. But me against a Deathslinger or Doctor, I'll happily accept the new rank 40 xd

• ImHexyAndINoed
    ImHexyAndINoed Member Posts: 504

Absolutely not. I'm not blowing it out of proportion when I say I'm one of the worst Dead By Daylight players on these forums. My skill ceiling is just so ridiculously low its actually kind of funny.

I hope when they rework the game and put in MMR it'll be an actual depiction of your skill. Instead of letting anyone who sits on a gen for longer than two minutes in to the highest tank there is

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,291

Difficulty is that 'red rank' is meaningless due to the way survivor emblems work.

I am definitely better than I was when I first got to red rank, and I'm better than a LOT of red rank players, but I'm not some top tier survivor and I'm not -that- good at looping a killer. I'd probably be purple rank if the ranking system worked properly.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,405

Its hard to say. I dont know how good red rank player would be. Current red rank is easy as almost every killer and survivor, but there are matches where i need my mains to keep up with the survivor. Im probably around top 15%, but i cant say for sure.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,519

Technically, I am the same. But instead of learning about numbers and mechanics, I love to learn about the game's history. From old offerings to broken builds in the past, I love to learn about everything.

But, like you, that is my real skill. Other than that, I am pretty bad and definitely shouldn't be in Red Ranks. Sometimes I just do random stuff in-game and hope it works.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

As survivor? Nope. I can do gens and I'm mediocre in chases.

As killer? I often get the feeling that I'm red ranks because I can make good use of the mistakes survivor do, not because I'm a good player.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

I believe I would be in red ranks. I do very well and get 3-4 in most games. I don't know which red rank I would be in though. 1, 2, 3, or 4.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

No. If ranks were an accurate measure of skill I might be about rank 6 or 7. I have my moments but Iโ€™m usually just average or even mediocre.

• Profezia
    Profezia Member Posts: 673

Well, I think I'm definitely better than 95% of the playerbase, at least by experience (playing since DbD beta), so I surely belong in red ranks.

• Raz_
    Raz_ Member Posts: 296

as survivor yes, not a god player but i know how to optimally play the game, loop etc

as killer more rank 4-7, depending on the killer.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,500
    edited April 2021

Yeah i just reached 6k hours in this game 50/50 between survivor and killer and i pretty much know completly everything about this games mechanics. As killer personally i end most of my matches with a 3k because hatch but most of the survivors i face or get solod with are kinda potatoes. I saw a red rank survivor with like 100 hours in red before i think? Then as survivor i run the killer for 2 minutes and 1 gen pops. Im personally gonna fear the mmr as killer because i know im gonna get pushed to my limit but itll feel nice as survivor getting teammates of my skill level.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

For killer not really. I'm rank 3 killer and I think I'm more rank 7-8. As survivor without a doubt yes. I feel I make all the difference in most games as solo for my teams.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

90% of survivors are boosted potatoes on red rank because of SWF. Solo they're purple at max

• sharkster13
    sharkster13 Member Posts: 236

I'm red in survivor and green/purple in killer. For the survivor I still feel I'm more in the purple ranks because of the killers I get paired with (either yellow/green or red). But I did notice my inexperienced looping kinda puts really good killers off cause they don't expect it.

But for the killer it depends for which killer. For some I feel I should be in brown, but for some I feel I should be red. But overall I feel I should be in yellow.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Not particularly. Low-tier Killer with meme build? I shouldn't be able to climb up to rank 1. I think my rank is due to the large percentage of potatoes.

• Deathslinger_Main
    Deathslinger_Main Member Posts: 75

No. Maybe purple ranks tho

• Deathslinger_Main
    Deathslinger_Main Member Posts: 75

As a deathslinger main it's hard to compete against a coordinated team.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

As nurse? Yes

As survivor? No, green or purple maybe?

As any other killer? Not even green ranks

• oliviaa
    oliviaa Member Posts: 104

ya i think i do belong in red ranks. i got here from only playing solo queue in 2 months so either the killers flopped or i am just slightly above average

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

given that i play this game for fun and red ranks are about as fun as watching paint dry on half speed, absolutely not, i have never gotten there and have no plans to

• Minibeasty
    Minibeasty Member Posts: 66

As a survivor? No. And sometimes it's very frustrating to go only against red ranked killers since their skill usually overlaps mine by a long shot. I rarely feel like I have a chance of escaping ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

• KiPi
    KiPi Member Posts: 43

Steam likes to disagree.

Other than that you might be right :p