Does wraith have the greatest variety of actually useful/powerful addons?

Options
Triforcer
Triforcer Member Posts: 179
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

I don't know all the killers well, but I was just thinking that most of them seem to (at most) have 1-2 decent addons. Often the useful add-ons are at the brown and green level. Most killers' UR seem either completely worthless or actively detrimental.

Wraith actually has 6-7 add-ons that you'd actually use, and two (!) powerful URs:

Silent bell (UR)

See progress of all gens when stealthed (UR)

purple all-seeing (perma 12m wallhacks in stealth, my personal favorite- best anti-stealth add-on in game)

purple pallet/locker/gen action speed up (second favorite, you can fake the decloak and tear through pallets at bubba speed)

purple fast decloaking

purple speed (although the base now is honestly enough)

brown terror radius/stain suppression

All of the above are extremely viable (and a lot have green versions if you are short on purple). Does anyone else have this type of variety? I can't even think of one other killer with two useful URs, let alone 6 or 7 options.

Comments

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited April 2021
    Options

Personally I think Myers has the best. His changes his playstyle the most and can make survivors strategies very different.

Id consider putting huntress in the mix as well since hers can also be very intense.

I don't know about the specifics of everything but you can make myers super aggressive (either fast or kill), stealth (small terror radius/able to see through walls), infinite tier 3 (which can lead to other stuff like always instant downs), faster movement speed, and a combo of any of these. Even if you are told it's myers in a game right away he can be pretty unpredictable

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629
    Options

Most of docs addons are usable if not good or a must use.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

That he has quite useful Ultra Rares is very nice indeed.

And i really enjoy his "All Seeing" - Blood.

But the Shadow Dances & Swift Hunts aren't that great in normal play, especially the Swift Hunts are very mediocre.

More movement speed is still just nice to have, though he doesn't need it as much anymore. (Which is GREAT, i love to have more stuff be appealing as well.)

"The Ghost" - Soot is meh on its own, it doesn't matter much if they can hear your bell.

It truly becomes great in combination with either Clapper, though i guess such weakness is to be expected from a Common Add-on.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,027
    edited April 2021
    Options

Have you tried Swift Hunt with the new speed boost that was fixed with the newest patch? It's actually super nice feeling; you get a speed boost before the cloak is even over by base, and the cloak is much faster with the addons.

Definitely not his best, but it's actually not bad with the new buffs.

• zombitehdeath
    zombitehdeath Member Posts: 587
    Options

He got good add-ons but he got 7 set of add-on (windstorm and swift hunt -3 add-on, bone & coxcomb clappers, blind warrior, blink, all seeing and shadow dance - 2 add-on) and 4 Brown add-on (the beast, ghost, serpent and hound).

I would say that since his buff (which is the best thing that happened to him) most his add-on could use some change even if it a slight change to them to help him in other areas like chase.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Meh,i feel like those addons are more placebo than anything

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

I was going to mention Meyers. Practically every single add-on is useful in certain play styles.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,027
    Options
  • OniWantsYourMacaroni
    Options

Yes,

I played some games without addons and the only thing i had to do was to uncloak right behind them to super lunge at them

• Boss
    Options

I'm just glad that move's a thing at base power, cause i'd have it on 24/7 if it was an Add-on.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    Options

Same,it's so fun and satisfying to smack survivor into the next trial with his super lunge 🤣

• Boss
    Options

Lol, thanks for the laugh.

I imagined an immediate DC upon hit.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    Options

Shadowdance (faster breaking) is only fun with the "uncloak after breaking something" add on (i think it was the Serpent). You can bait drops by faking the uncloak but a lot of times you're already uncloaked and then you have to cloak again... Too situational for me

Swift Hunt only has good impact if you use the purple and green together... one alone feels like no difference for me.

You forgot about Bone Clapper, i think it's even stronger than silent bell, because survivors will be constantly stressed and run away from gens to not get surprised when they hear the bell. This makes them very unfocused after a while.

I also kinda like the Hound, it's nowhere near very strong add ons but it's a good tracking tool if you want to mix things up, especially against Iron Will survivors and when combined with Sloppy Butcher.

Green Blind Warrior is cool if you want to leave out Sloppy Butcher. The Blink ones are arguably one of his weakest but they feel like a QoL improvement. I sometimes use them together with Serpent.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

Its actually blight

Speed

Slightly less but still speed

Ring

Blight tag

Compound 33

Compound 21

Vigos journal

Shredded notes (debatable)

which is like 8 which is a bigger number than 6-7

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Plague, Blight and Spirit all have really good addons. Every one of them, with the exception of Placebo Pill on Blight, is good. Wraith would come in 4th in terms of add-ons IMO.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    Options

Spirit: i would say the passive phasing, recovery (watch Otz' video about all add ons to see why), and the one where you can see blood aren't that usable, but that's also mostly because the other ones are much better

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,025
    Options

I think Wraith, Myers and Doctor have the best variety of add ons which offer u some different playstyles. That´s why I still like to play them. I mean other killer´s can also change their playstyle but either it depends on perks or it is a meme build like a "walking nurse" or super speedcrouching Ghostface...

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,025
    edited April 2021
    Options

If u are asking for the strongest add ons I think Clown's redhead's pinky finger and Myer's purple tombstone piece are still on the top.