The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dodging SWF

HuDawg
HuDawg Member Posts: 312
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

I want to hear all your opinions on dodging SWF. I've been guilty of cherry picking my lobby many times before and i dont think it will stop if i see a SWF whether its 3 or 4 man on red rank with flashlights then nope im out.

Comments

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

I usually take the bullet, so some other killer doesn't have to. Same with keys.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

Playing against SWF has improved my skill a lot and I never dodge them unless I've already played against them on the same day. Even if they have like 4 keys or 2 toolboxes/2 flashlights, it's still fun to play against them because of the challenge it brings.

I recommend playing against them, they might feel sweaty to play against and you may have to sweat against them, but it's still satisfying to get at least a 2k against them.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

I don't, SWFs are rarely bully squads, 8/10 times they are the nicest players you'll come across, the other 2/10 times they are the literal worst you will ever come across. I take that risk.

Most of the anger you'll get come from solo's because they are frustrated.

• eleventbh
    eleventbh Member Posts: 374

I like seeing flashlights in a lobby or going into the game and realizing it's a sabo squad. They're usually super altruistic and just trying to make fun plays for themselves, so I try to have a fun time too. Seeing flashlights means someone's always going to be wasting time hovering around for a save. I just don't like groups like the one I versed earlier that all brought balanced landing, toolboxes and one BNP+ offering for Hawkins. If I could've dodged I would've. Who knew BL was so good on that map?

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

Do whatever you want but I'm you care too much.

Know that even I you don't hit anyone you still only gain points, there is no negative.

Personally I don't care enough, I just play whatever is matched up with me

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

Survivor in solo queue is more like minecraft if your little brother every so often just came in and burned all the stuff you built to the ground randomly 😂

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

I dodge if i have a Daily on a Killer I'm not good with.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219
  • MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I often dodge full SWF lobbies after awful games. Usually by quitting to go play survivor for a few trials.

• beached
    beached Member Posts: 303

I usually am up for a good challenge with swfs who have the same amount of hours as me (given they have public profiles on steam) but if it is some god squad comp team that have thousands of hours collectively who are just looking to bully killers in public matches I'm going to dodge. If you want to play like a comp team I will fully admit that I'm not as good as a comp killer, I play this game casually so I feel like if I don't match the vibe they put off I won't ready up.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

On what world do you live in to believe that this game is balanced around soloqueue?

Going against soloqueuers is a faceroll, and I'm not even carried around by gen regression perks

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Meanwhile my experience is the exact opposite, consistently.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,382

First of all, DBD isn't balanced. Never was. 

Second, the devs intention is to balance the game around solo queue, because balancing it towards SWF would make the solo experience miserable. 

And just because you are going against 4 solos, it doesn't mean a free victory. I rarely play with friends, so most of my survivor experience has been in solo queue, and I've seen countless effective teammates and great plays. 

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

Isn’t being downed early usually the survivors fault? Unless you’re talking about the killer spawning like right next to the killer. DCing because of that is still scummy but whatever. People DC for literally anything these days.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

You are right. because swf and solo is not seperated, the balance of killers is somewhere in between both modes, leaving killer at an advantage vs solo survivors (but good survivors can handle it, but with this matchmaking, its just a diceroll), and swf stomp you if they want to.

Thats why it needs to be sepereated from each other, so you can balance both modes seperatly. But swf don´t want that, using the argument killers wouldnt play vs swf, ignoring the fact that there would be no reason doing this if the balance was aknowledging their advantage and balance accordingly. They just dont want to lose said advantage. Also, there is killer that like the challange, i was assured.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

I can count on my hand the times i got stomped by a swf

• just_teme
    just_teme Member Posts: 195

Swf is just potential it doesent make them good or make them have reasonable decisions. 4 soloq players can be leagues ahead of 4man.

Granted swf reduces how good you have to be but at the same time it promotes overaltruism which is a detriment.

• just_teme
    just_teme Member Posts: 195

Sometimes the map rng screwes you over and you can be in a situation where there isnt much you can do at all.

You shouldnt dc but i wouldnt blame someone for being frustrated about it.

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737

I am often tempted, but then remember how terrible my own swf is and hope they will be the same. They rarely are, but it does happen on occasion.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Only way you can be certain is if you spawn the lobby and each survivor comes in one at a time. Most cases survivors are waiting on a killer to join, making it look like a 4 man SWF when its not.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

I could careless if it's a swf. Honestly I invite it to some extent. I would much rather have the challenge everyone and a while from a good swf then to have all relatively easy games from solos/lackluster swfs.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

I dodge keys and streamers thats it. Streamers cause I don't want to do something stupid get it clipped and now this a clip of me making some stupid play forever. Keys cause they are keys.

• TDK
    TDK Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2021

I dodge when i wanna have a nice Game. If i want some toxic hell i try. The moment click click click starts or Hooksabo etc. i start the Hookcamping. I don't even care for the Gens, let them do it. I only need one and thats where the Match starts.

Its much more fun, fast Games, fast Lobbys anyway. And if i Snowball into a 3 or even 4 K, hmmm...

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

Usually it’s hard to tell they are SWF. Especially if they are on PC and I’m on PS4. Fair warning though, survivors still using Christmas outfits like elf Dwight and such are guaranteed to be toxic so I always avoid those outright.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,116

I have dodged 1 lobby, and that was because I recognised a team-mate who a couple of rounds back did his best to deliberately screw up the team (blocking; notifying killer, etc.). However, knowing there was a troll was the only reason.

As killer, I want to improve and that won't happen by cherry-picking. I empathise with why some do this and there's nothing wrong with backing out on the lobby screen. It's the dc when the round starts that's just being an arse.

Besides, sometime you miss out! I had a 3-person SWF of Claudettes with torches that ended up being slaughtered by my Wraith. Those moments are worth not skipping!

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

I've never dodged a lobby - what's the point? Assuming people are in a SWF - ok? SWFs are not all powerful - I have faced plenty of derpy SWFs in my 4+ years. If I notice the survivors can be particularly sweaty - I may change a perk or two to help me out, but that's about it.

• SnowMiser
    SnowMiser Member Posts: 39

SWF shouldn't even be in the game, I open the friend list of every survivor I come across. If there are friends, report both for cheating and dodge the lobby.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,056

Lobby dodge away. Nobody should have to play a frustrating and unfair match, and that's exactly what SWF is gonna give you.

• Jasix

Glad to see you are wasting your time and crying wolf. FYI saying the same thing over and over won't make it true. Just because YOU think something is cheating - I will go by what BHVR considers cheating - since ya know - it's their game. Have fun playing in your personal salt mine.

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526

Just ready up and play any survivors.

If you cherry pick you just play yourself to wait longer in hopes things will be easier for you, take the depip if you get stomped by 4 Fengs in $36.99 worth of cosmetics and charms; it builds charecter.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,730

Dodging them i get, but why report? They decide what's cheating not us.

The devs have repeatedly stated SWF is not cheating, and was always intended. Half of all survs are in at least a two-man group.

Sounds like lots of false reporting to me...

• SnowMiser

Developer fiat does not determine what cheating is. What is available in the unmodified game does.

If you show me a SWF group that doesn't use some kind of external communication tool, I'll show you a mythical creature. External voice chat is cheating, regardless of what the developers say, because there is no means of communicating with your allies in the game.

• Jasix

You have posted nearly the same message in like 6 threads. You have been shot down every time by simple logic. Get over it. Adapt - or move on already.

• SnowMiser

Nope, you don't have a choice but to listen. Gonna be here until you figure out what the word "cheating" means.

• Jasix

Actually I do have a choice and since there is no ignore feature on these forums I will just stop reading your inane posts.

You're a waste of my time.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

You earn years of life by doing it, sadly it isn't easy to know before the match.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

The only lobby I dodge if it's a swf from the Arabics, which has the most horrific pings and thus very unfun to go against.

Other than that i don't mind swf that much

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,730

I play on console, so I suppose it could be argued stretched res, video filters, sound cards, altering the ini/game files, heck even the mouse itself can be construed as "cheating" and/or "exploits" by comparison, as none of these are available to us for this game. Aside from stretch res I don't consider them as such, mearly in the "possibly unfair" category which I can remedy by turning off Crossplay.

But it is not up to mine, or yours, or anyone's own personal code of honor. It is up to the devs.