Does anybody actually like Trickster?

Options
thrawn3054
thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I personally despise him for the following reasons.

1) I hate his stupid laugh. It's just annoying.

2) I hate his creepy pedo face.

3) His perks are obnoxious.

4) His knives remind me of old Legion.

5) Lastly from a killer stand point he's trash.

Comments

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,347
    Options

i like him just as i like the huntress as long as i can throw ish at survivors im happy

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

Oh people like him for more than just his character ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Profezia
    Profezia Member Posts: 673
    Options

He looks cool.

I think I'm even going to consider borrowing some of his style.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

Yes i liked him. He is not my new main but i am playing with him so much.

1) I also hate him laugh. But i know also survivors hate too. And when i get them down, i know that is so annoying for them with laugh. So that makes me happy :)

2) Him face is not bad. I wish they would make him more scary but i dont hate him face. It is fine.

3) Him perk good lol, i am seeing so many people using those perks on other killers.

4) Him power good. And no Old Legion and Trickster clearly so different killers. Legion is anti-heal killer, Trickster is not.

5) No, it is not trash. I dont agree with you.

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624
    Options
    1. The laugh can make it harder to hear more subtle sounds in and out of chase.
    2. Face is definitely fine, he looks like a Dead Rising boss and I love it.
    3. His perks may need slight buffs, Starstruck is the only really "good" one by itself.
    4. I'm sorry but his power is indeed bad. Objectively worse Huntress, his power is better for zoning Survivors out of loops than actually downing. Main Event still can't be held for more than 10 seconds and his power specifically involves the "sunken cost" fallacy. Also, thrawn was saying that Old Legion and Trickster are the same in that they are both slow and their (Old Legion and Current Trickster's) powers were weak. Which is true.
    5. Appearance is unique, but gameplay-wise, he's painful to play as.
  • MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

I liked him immediately after the buff and then I got immediately bored due to the fact that every chase is essentially identical and also he's kind of stressful.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

he's fun when survivors are bad

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

From a visual and audio design he’s great but no my personal preference

From gameplay he about deathslinger level to me

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

I honestly can't fathom how you people like anything about him.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    Options

I like everything about him except actually playing him.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651
    Options

From a design standpoint I love him.

From a gameplay standpoint he is terrible and needs a lot of help.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited April 2021
    Options

Design wise while I dont like the K-pop theme I do like the fact we got a Killer with no deformities, no life threatening wounds and looks like he hasnt been rolling on garbage for days. I also like his voice lines and laugh EXCEPT that song he hums after hooking someone, dont know the name but kids use it to annoy other kids, I wish I could get rid of it.

Gameplay wise cant speak for I havent tried him but I must admit he does look like interesting even if he is weak, Im tempted to unlock him.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,984
    Options
  • WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788
    edited April 2021
    Options

I do.

I love his skins, his giggling laughs, his weapons and power, and his lore.

However, gameplay wise, he's awful. It is not fun to get curb stomped by survivors every single game because he is so powerless.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    Options

Creepy pedo face?

My dude, you can't just throw around 'pedo' like it's nothing.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,741
    Options

I love playing him. Is he the best killer? No, but I still love him. I love having a killer that sounds like a psycho.

• OopsAllHexes
    Options

I sincerely hope you aren't tolerating pedophilia right now.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

design wise a lot of people like him, gameplay wise there's probably a handful of masochists that enjoy the pain

• OopsAllHexes
    Options

Do you agree with """""MAP""""" then?

It's strange how I didn't see even a indirect hint that you were against it.

• OopsAllHexes
    Options

... Who CARES what people who hurt children are offended by?

• Murph
    Murph Member Posts: 43
    Options

His laughs are SO ANNOYING and also directional for the survivors.

• gilgamer
    Options

you have to be significantly better then the team you are up against or get some really good rng

• hexennacht
    hexennacht Member Posts: 5
    Options

The trickster is the stupidest killer out of all of them. His laugh is moronic, his looks are your typical basic ssa itchb boy band bs and he is over powered. who thought him up anyways ?

• gilgamer
    Options

its a spectrum of how much help your killer needs from you and rng to win, with nurse and spirit just needing skill (and not much in spirits case) on one end and trickster, clown, trapper, and legion being on the other which requires you to both be better and rng, whether it be from the map or survivor mistakes. Also this game favors survivors at the absolute high end, against a perfect team even spirit and nurse would likely lose on most maps.

• OopsAllHexes
    Options

I can confirm that this is actually the case, looking at tournament videos on Youtube is a pretty good example. Even Nurse herself can and will fall to genrush.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    Options

No. ######### are you talking about? You can't throw the word 'pedophile' around because The Trickster is obviously modeled off of real k-pop stars, lol. & If you're saying that he 'looks like a pedophile' then you're insulting people he was modeled off of.

• gilgamer
    Options

yeah that's just wrong, go and ask any of those "perfect" teams and they'll tell you 90% of the killer rosters are even considered for legit competitions because they just aren't viable go watch hexy's tournament of the best, good example of how most matches in the later stages people were running rancor to guarantee at least 1k for the points since most killer matches barely even got 2 kills. The difference between this game and chess is that DBD is not balanced, for the vast majority of the player base its at least somewhat balanced but a swf that knows what they are doing, and I mean really knows what they are doing, will escape even against killers that are equally skilled as them 9 times out of 10. Its been like this since the game came out and will likely stay this way until it dies for 1 reason if they do balance it all the way up at the top then the it will be imbalanced for anyone below them that's just the nature of asymmetric games.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

I agree, I love his aesthetic but his gameplay is a disappointment.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,532
    Options

I like Trickster a lot because he surprises people.

His time to down is atrocious. But there are a lot of loops you can force your way through with his power where most Killers would have to break the pallet or leave the loop altogether.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
    Options

They did a good job with almost everything about him and fell flat with the implementation

The idea of a mad K-pop artist murdering their fans and using their screams as backing is something that is relatively original, all things considered. I like his gaudy, flashy look and his weird creepiness, I think they all add to the "something is wrong" factor going on with him.

A killer with a ######### ton of ammunition but a lot of hits to wound sounds interesting and like it could promote skill, the trailer was awesome, his cosmetics look great, his perks aren't that bad all things considered.

It's just they majorly ######### him up and he's obnoxious to play as and against, and there's really nothing that can be done to alleviate this.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,602
    Options

I like everything about him except his match performance.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    Options

1) His aesthetics are spot-on, try delving into his lore to understand the laugh.

2) He's one of only a few killers with a recognizably human face. If you think he's bad, boy have I got a list for you.

3) Perks are pretty great. Starstruck is a middle finger to extremely altruistic teams, no way out is good for games that don't go so well, and Crowd Control is good for getting downs quickly in the early game.