The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why i think Nemesis will be the RE killer

Frontdoor6
Frontdoor6 Member Posts: 609
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

Warning: Long message

Hi, i'm just wanting to share my thoughts on who i think will be our RE killer in the next chapter. I think it will be the one and only Nemesis.

Why do i think this?

Well for starters, i feel if they were going to bring anyone from RE in, it would have to be someone classic and well-known to draw people in. Jack Baker and 'the tall vampire woman' (sorry, don't remember her name) could be good in the game, but i think they're not iconic enough for the choice, epically since one hasn't been released yet. I mean, don't get me wrong, Jack is very well known, but there are characters in the RE world that some would see as more recognizable that Jack.

When choosing a licensed killer, it can't just be the scariest one, it should have character, identity and a history within the license itself. This is probably why they chose Amanda over Jigsaw in the Saw chapter, she was more bloodthirsty than Jigsaw and was more suitable for the role. And i feel Nemesis fits all these parts. Lets see some pointers.

Character: Even though Mr X is the same as Nemesis in most ways, he lacks personality, Mr X is like a large Terminator and has little to use as a killer in the game. But Nemesis knows what it wants and doesn't stop until it gets it, it strategizes and has an arsenal of weapons it can use, such as a flamethrower. It also has a tentacle whip in its right hand, which i can see being its main weapon.

Identity: I feel Nemesis is the most recognized villain in the RE world, mostly for his endless chasing, disfigured face and intimidating appearance.

History in the license: Everyone knows Nemesis and has made different appearances in other games more than other villains in the RE games.

RE 3's subtitle was Nemesis, showing more just how iconic it is. Also, if you think about it, even its name fits with DBD. Nemesis means arch enemy, which fits the descriptions of most of the killers in DBD. Its also been named 'The Nemesis' in the RE game at some points, which is the nickname the DBD killers have.

In the very early tease about Year 5, the devs said there were many 'Stars' in the 5th year. And now that we know for sure its RE, it is likely to features either Jill or another S.T.A.R.S member, or Nemesis for its iconic "STARS!" catchphrase.

But these are just my thoughts and it could be Mr X, Jack or William or whoever, and if its not Nemesis, i'll put my hand up and say i'm wrong and be happy with whoever we get. Thanks for listening and see you in the Fog.

Comments

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

"WHY I THINK NEMESIS WILL BE THE RE KILLER"

is it because he's the most well know monster/evil guy in the franchise in a similar vein to piramid head? besides maybe wesker... but honestly, I don't think that's correct.

in comparison mr. X is just a fad... it was in the remakes, so people know it. but it's just tyrant again, but in a trenchcoat... it's boring.

and after actually reading the post instead of just the title... yeah, we agree

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199
    edited April 2021

Either way, we all know the name of the killer is going to be "The Tyrant".

Pyramid Head isn't called Pyramid Head, he's "The Executioner".

"The Tyrant" is going to have a basic skin, probably something like this:

Or this:

And then it will have Legendary skins for 'Nemesis' and 'Mr. X'.

• FairP1ayer
    FairP1ayer Member Posts: 500
    edited April 2021

I agree Nemesis is a no brainer, and honestly after seeing this, I kinda think Mr. X would look a little cringe if added.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BjaKeGYNbas

Post edited by FairP1ayer on
  • Frontdoor6

Thats a chance, but i feel they'd be better using a known character for the killer instead of a unknown Tyrant that you can decorate to look like someone else.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

The problem I have is I don't really think there is that much he could do thats any different from the other killers, A rocket launcher imo just feels way to over the top for DBD, He can't use his tentacles because we have Deathslinger nor can he use it like he does in Resistance because we have PH. The only thing I think he can do thats unique is smash through a wall which was a concept killer in pre DBD days, if thats all he could do then there is no reason for Mr.X take his space

• Frontdoor6
    edited April 2021

I always thought the tentacle whip could be it's main weapon and its ability would be to use a flamethrower.

• DrStone
    DrStone Member Posts: 132

I actually don't think a rocket launcher is too much.

They could make it like a secondary ability that has a long cooldown. Also, the longer he'd charge the rocket the further it would fly. When traveling it'd let out a noise that would get louder the closer it gets. I think it would be pretty thrilling and intense.

Overall, I believe Nemesis has so much more room to work around than Mr. X.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

I'm going with Mr. X. Seems the easiest to balance. Nemesis was really fast, smart and could dodge bullets while able to using rocket launchers. Mr. X was a simple Tyrant that could move slowly at first but dash on you after awhile. He would be the most easiest to balance and impliment.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Cheryl may not look as good as she could but she didn’t get butchered.

Cybil on the other hand.. and Nancy..

(not even counting Laurie and Quentin as they were not modeled with an existing character in mind)

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Mr X terminator ? No. Nemesis is terminator. Mr X defines what a bioweapon is. No soul, one mission, track a prey and kill it. Nemesis is the overexagerated version.

Listen to the OST. Compare Nemmy and terminator, you'll hear by yourself.

Plus, I dont think Nemesis gonna be the new dbd killer, he is too big.

Instead, I think it will be Re8.

• Frontdoor6

Don't you think its a bit too soon for RE8 characters to be shared with other games?

• Jago

Re8 will be out in less than 3 weeks. Dbd new content probably end of june.

In this situation that would help Capcom to sell even more Re8 copies.

Just marketting.

• Frontdoor6
    edited April 2021

I understand, but Mr X just feels kinda plain to me. Like, i heard there was more than one Tyrant like Mr X, but Nemesis was unique.

Also, unless Mr X has some kind of speed rush or ranged attack, i don't think it'll be good to have another slow killer.

But i respect your thoughts.

• Jago

I really hope its an old school char after all. Even just a Licker would be awesome.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

The other Tyrant had too long of an arm and Mr. X didn't have a range attack. The Super Tyrant and Nemesis are the ones with range attacks and had fast dodge skills. Mr. X would dash on you and insta-kill you with a head crush. He was slow, intimidating and could kill you quickly. He would be the most obvious choice. Any of the other tyrants would be just a downgrade of their normal selves and fans wouldn't take too kindly to Nemesis being beat by a simple pallet when a Rocket Launcher didn't seem to do much to him. Mr. X was always a posing threat no matter what you did but he was a prototype to Nemesis.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

i do hope we dont get trolled and get Krauser or Wesker as killer.

• OxiTape
    OxiTape Member Posts: 60

I mean they could just call him “The Nemesis” but yeah I like the name “The Tyrant” a lot more

• Frontdoor6
    edited April 2021

Kinda agree, i'm also hoping for someone more...monstrous.

• madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190

I just hope we finally get a new map, and one that is better designed than Silent Hill.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

There's no thinking Nemesis will be the killer, Nemesis has to be the killer. He makes the most sense is the most versatile and is smart enough to switch tactics. He'd learn enough to put people on hooks.

The Tyrant from Resident evil 2 is so boring and one note. Walk and punch then crush head.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

I really hope it's not something from RE8. There are so many classic characters from the earlier games that it would feel so bad to have something from just the newest game that's very different.

• Frontdoor6
    edited April 2021

Thats what i mean

I mean, i won't say it's not going to be Mr X, Mr X is second running behind Nemesis, but like you said, Nemesis makes the most sense.

Also, something i forgot to mention, Nemesis would be the most recognized character even to those who don't play RE. Nemesis is on the cover of both the Original and Remake RE 3 games, so when people see Nemesis in DBD, they'll be like 'Oh, its that thing'. While Mr X isn't seen unless you actually play the game.

But that doesn't seem like a good example now that i think about it

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

Would you prefer a faithfull Tyrant or a watered down Nemesis is the real question.

There is no earthly way Nemesis would get into DBD with his full arsenal of weapons and tentacles attacks. Meanwhile the Tyrant is a much more straightforward monster that can be included in the game without needing to workshop him heavily.

Also while original Nemesis may have been more memorable than the RE2 Tyrant, I feel its the opposite in the remake. Remake Nemesis feel like a setpiece in the first chapter and then just become a serie of boss fights. He never actualy feel like he is chasing you. Meanwhile in RE2 remake, once the Tyrant enter the RPD he is after you constantly, roaming around and making noises. When you go accross the police station you know its only a matter of time until he find you and you have to plan your path around his presence.

Honnestly the most likely things that is going to happen is that we will get a Tyrant with many skins. But Nemesis being the base kit would just be weird.

• Frontdoor6

I feel people would like it better if it was an actual recognized character instead of a name-less shell people can decorate and pretend to be a character

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827

The tyrant is not unknown, it's the final boss in RE. I think it most likely to be the killer, and that they will legendary Mr x and Nemesis with it right out the gate

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

Then again I ask. Would you rather have a heavily watered down Nemesis compared to what he is capable of in the RE games, or a faithfull T-103 who is 100% going to have a Legendary Nemesis skin ?

• Frontdoor6

If the Legendary skins come out with the chapter, then sure

• Frontdoor6
  • Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

It's gotta be nemesis because he's an icon, he's a legend and he is the moment.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

I suppose, but a rocket launcher in dbd would be kinda hilarious lmao.

• DrStone

I respect your opinion, but I think this is a kind of a sad excuse for not wanting certain killers in the game.

Let's be fair, Freddy could do a lot more stuff too, if he were the exact movie replica.

I'd rather have Nemesis, even if he couldn't use all of his powers. He simply has more room to play around when it comes to power. Brute strenght (Just like Mr.X) plus tentacles and rocket launcher.

• DrStone

They're not gonna go for some character that doesn't immidiately say it's Resident Evil.

Nemesis and Mr. X are a lot more known, even to people who haven't played Resident Evil that much.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

They watered down Nemesis pretty well in the RE3make so You really don't have to worry too much about that one. the only think he wouldn't be able to do is use weapons like he does in the game.

• Frontdoor6

Also, wouldn't Survivors be watered down too? I mean, we'll probably get tough-guy Leon or smart-girls Clair or Jill, now they'll be running from the killers instead of fighting them while t-bagging

• Frontdoor6
    edited April 2021

I've just noticed something

In the Original RE3, Nemesis attacks you in the Racoon PD building, what are the chances that will be the new map?

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 645

It would make most sense that Albert Wesker would be the killer. The Entity favors wicked people like murderers and psychopaths. The Entity originally wanted The Spirits father as a killer, but The Spirits emotion due to her tragic death was far greater. So The Entity picked her. Think of The Trickster. He killed many people and attracted the Entity, and he embraced it immediately. The Clown embraced it too.

Albert Wesker was pure evil. He killed, and betrayed many people to reach his ultimate goals. For example he betrayed his lab partner William Berkin, and he became a monster to save himself. Wesker sought total perfection. He was intent on infecting the entire world with Uroboros, killing pretty much everything to leave only the “perfect ones”. Coming to his defeat he infected himself WITH the Uroboros he sought to end the world with, becoming a monster. In the end Chris and Sheva shot Wesker with a powerful missile, but Wesker’s body was never recovered. Everyone assumes he was obliterated, but he had Uroboros in him. Those things are incredibly difficult to kill. One had to be cooked. The bigger one in the ship required satellite missiles to kill. Which gives these developers the idea that upon Weskers ultimate demise he was snatched by The Entity. Which is why Chris and Sheva assumed that Wesker had been obliterated.

Now the survivor? Idk. Someone will have to help me on that.

• Frontdoor6

Wesker doesn't seem like the kind of guy people would run from, and he doesn't seem like a chaser. I mean, imagine if Leon was the survivor, would it be a good image if he was running away from Wesker? Wesker would work well if it was Mortal Kombat for his fighting skills, but i don't think it would work for this.

Also, Wesker wouldn't make a good killer to draw people into DBD, RE fans or not. Wesker just isn't that interesting for a DBD killer.

But Nemesis, the character do run and he does chase, he's programed to follow orders. The Entity could've made it so Nemesis works for it now. Plus, Nemesis has alot more ability to off and is a character many people would reconise.

Sorry if this sounds like an argument, but thats just how i feel when someone brings us Wesker.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 645

Yes it actually it would. Because Wesker would appear in his monstrous form prior to his demise in the volcano in RE5. One of his arms was essentially oozing tendrils. He has glowing red eyes. He was basically a B.O.W at that point. Considering that he needed Excella to regulate his T-Virus count, or else he loses himself like any Tyrant would when the virus multiplies out of control... This would be the case had he been snatched by The Entity, whom would not provide such a thing for Wesker. He’d become a full-fledged monster that would attack everyone on sight. Exactly what The Entity would want.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    edited April 2021

I agree that nemesis is the most widely known, and is a likely candidate. Bit I think it will be "RE: the village", and i have 3 points:

1) Think about the marketing opportunity RE has for the village. Better to get players interested in a new $60 game than a remake of an old game that isn't as highly priced

2) Lady dimitrescu is a VERY well received character. People love her.

3) She fits on perfectly with DBD, where as nemesis is a bit more action oriented than horror oriented.

• TerminatorGuy
    TerminatorGuy Member Posts: 434

There is almost no chance it will be Lady Thirst Hype. It's going to be someone iconic to the franchise. Capcom doesn't need promotion from an already existing horror fandom, it's a big enough company.

• Frontdoor6

I see...

I just don't see it so clearly. Wesker seems more like the master than the follower, if anything, Wesker seems like the type of guy who would try to overthrow the Entity

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687

We'll definitely find out on the 25th. I dunno guys, the anticipation is killing me who our future face camper will be lmao

• Frontdoor6

I know, i expect Nemesis, but not knowing for sure is unnerving