The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should rage quitting be reported on?

The FAQ is quite confusing about this. Under UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT, it says:

Disconnects or rage quitting - DO NOT REPORT

and than just under that, it says:

In-game report REQUIRED

What should be done about rage quitting?

Comments

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited November 2018
    In game one of the post game lobby options says "idling, rage quitting, etc" so yes, its reportable. 

Edit: should note am on ps4
    Post edited by Carpemortum on
  • Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

The short answer is no. I'm pretty sure the postgame just hasn't been updated. Idling and holding the game hostage are still reportable, but rage quitting is not because they already have a system in place (on PC, and they're working on implementing it for consoles) to punish people who deliberately DC from games. Because they have that system, they don't need to manually do anything about ragequitting, which means that submitting reports for it wastes your time and theirs and just makes it harder for them to get to the actual noteworthy reports. I'm not on the support team though, so I could be wrong. Perhaps @Patricia or @not_Queen can provide better clarification.

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

They've stated that on Consoles no one is paying attention.
    On Consoles, DC all you want.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Quitting mid-game for whatever reason falls under unsportsmanlike behavior report option

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771

They've stated that on Consoles no one is paying attention.
    On Consoles, DC all you want.

Its saved on the backlog, meaning once the system is complete then the banwave starts.
  • friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

it sucks man ps4 has no penalty's not 1

• branchini1979
    branchini1979 Member Posts: 295
    Need to define rage quitting correctly. My wife had a coughing fit so I quit to make sure she was OK. I mean maybe I should of just AFK so my bad, but was not a "rage quit" 
  • TreblucFayle
    TreblucFayle Member Posts: 75

It's almost impossible for players to prove someone "rage quit" vs getting disconnected for some reason. Obviously the timing could indicate they left intentionally, but it's not proof.

That's why they've said to leave DCs to the automated system and don't report them.

• DelizSeemack
    DelizSeemack Member Posts: 10

@TreblucFayle said:
    It's almost impossible for players to prove someone "rage quit" vs getting disconnected for some reason.

Come on. There are obvious cases which happen to be around 65% of them in my games where a survivor disconnects after being the first hooked. It's not impossible to show intent there.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

No. Every ragequit is logged in the backend. There is no need to report it.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

@Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

How do you define a ragequit? Is it just quitting the match at any point? Can you quit a match without receiving a penalty if the killer is holding the game hostage or vice versa?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@DelizSeemack said:
    The FAQ is quite confusing about this. Under UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT, it says:

Disconnects or rage quitting - DO NOT REPORT

and than just under that, it says:

In-game report REQUIRED

What should be done about rage quitting?

We have been told that the system automatically records the DCs in the background.
    Whether you trust that system is up to you, also its up to you whether you waste your time doing reports that might be ignored :wink:

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@PolarBear said:

@Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

How do you define a ragequit? Is it just quitting the match at any point? Can you quit a match without receiving a penalty if the killer is holding the game hostage or vice versa?

Any DC/ragequit is the same, no matter when or why it happened.

The one time you are being hold hostage in a year wont get you banned if you DC, no worries :wink:

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    PolarBear said:

@Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

It's all counted the same. You'd only get banned if you did it excessively in a month, not for leaving a single match because you were stuck somewhere or not having fun.
  • venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666
    edited November 2018
    What about making a disconnect give as many blood points has a sacrifice for the killer
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I just had an Ochido fanboy rage quit on me as Nurse. Only one guy didnt quit. 4 gen sweep. If ur watching this Ochido fanboy, gg ez.