Is disconnecting a valid form of protest?

gendoss
gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

I've always seen DCing as a way to protest things in the game you don't like, be it balance issues, gameplay mechanics, or glitches and such. Do you think disconnecting because the game is unfair or something a valid excuse to disconnect or should players just play the game anyway and not move on to the next match?

Comments

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

If it's a killer being too powerful sometimes I just give up to help the kill rate go up so it gets nerfed.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

???

How does wasting 4 other peoples' time help anyone

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,487

I just see it as baby rage, honestly.

Just stick it out and move on. You're ruining the game for the other four people in the lobby.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Or play another game? Why waste your time playing a game where you leave a match anytime something you don't like happens to you, it screws others over.

• sleepywynd
    sleepywynd Member Posts: 118

I mean... kind of? Generally, you're encouraging the killer to keep playing that killer rather than punishing them by playing well against them. This can't always be the case, but one way or another DCing doesn't really do anything as it's commonly just a rage-quit.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

No, because it makes you look like you are ragequitting. The only truly valid method of protest IMO is simply not playing the game. Whether that is something you are willing to do is your call to make.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,407

Imo its really dumb to protest that way. Its childish, has no effect and ruins the fun for four others. But do what you want.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,964

Due to the fact that we do not promote Unsportsmanlike Behaviour on this forum and things which are specifically against our game (and forum) rules, I'm going to close this discussion right here.

This discussion has been closed.