Leave spirit alone

Options
MIKOTO_SOUH1
MIKOTO_SOUH1 Member Posts: 25
edited August 2023 in General Discussions

I like spirit she a good killer and i will argue over her not getting nerfted. I only play both killer and surviver equally

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
    Options

Good luck.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

Great argument.

• Pig_Is_Pog
    Pig_Is_Pog Member Posts: 222
    Options

you definitely do not play spirit and survivor equally lmao

anyone with half a brain knows spirit needs a nerf lol

• GodLikeTerror
    GodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

Spirit is gg ez mode. I literally never lose with her if I do decide to play her. I like killers that have input on both sides though.

• BangBang
    BangBang Member Posts: 154
    edited April 2021
    Options

I play both at red rank and I don't think she needs a nerf.

It's actually fun to go up against her as a survivor, at least it's way more enjoyable than Deathslinger or hard camping Freddy.

Probably the only problem would be stridor.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,984
    Options

your mom is a good killer oooh ez roast lol bad

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404
    Options

i play 50/50. don’t like spirit. easy mode for killer. as survivor, i can run her just fine but my teammates always get demolished.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    Options

Nurse is a lot better, buddy. You can watch Otz cleave through a SWF with trapper, for god's sake.

Remember before Spirit was a thing? Remember one hour queues then? Neither do I.

• ShamelessPigMain
    Options

I used to play a lot of Spirit, then I stopped, then I picked her up again.

She's not easy to play, like some people would have you believe. Against survivors who know what they're doing, it's a test of your faith stat with RNGesus. It's just incredibly boring to have no idea where she could possibly be, which eliminates most of the capacity for mindgaming her. 

• odra
    odra Member Posts: 369
    Options

such wow, very argument, much knowledge.

• odra
    Options

then let it be, i still play killer. shorter lobby time for me then

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

She needs a sound que when she starts using her power to get rid of the "not moving at the pallet mindgame" and her iri add ons nerf.

But knowing the pattern of this game balancing, they will keep her like this another year and then nerf her to the ground.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,895
    Options

If spirit is your only way to counter SWF, you're ranked too high. I destroy SWF's with Myers and he is arguably the worst killer in the game.

So git gud.

Spirit is the only way for actually good killers to face tournament level survivors. Any other argument is simply a matter of git gud.

• Predated
    Options

I mean, the biggest difference between a good spirit player and the spirit we want nerfed, is that a good spirit player doesnt rely on scratchmarks.

I personally think that swapping the effect of Father's Glasses to being able to see scratchmarks and have Mother Daughter Ring hide blood pools, while Spirit is no longer able to see scratchmarks in her basekit phasing would already improve facing Spirit players. It's a relatively small change. But if the Spirit is already a good Spirit, she doesnt need the scratchmarks to find people in the first place. Heck, I play Legion quite often, I cant rely on scratchmarks to find people with his power AND his breathing almost covers survivor breathing.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
    Options

lol freddy is getting nerfed

nurse's skill level is so high she's very hard to learn and there are not many nurse mains.

So that leaves spirit.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

How is that Freddy nerf seriously going to affect him? Snares are used in the same way and his add ons weren’t even good in the first place

Only change that matters is alarm clocks but even then survivors have to go like 30 seconds across the map to get one

If you don’t want to put the time into nurse or any other killer to get really good then you will continue to lose to SWF or even solos. It’s not a scapegoat so stop using it like one

• Lord_Tony
    Options

snares are reduced to 5, also slower at placing snares. pallets also reduced

black box nerfed, swing chains nerfed and jumprope nerfed.

sleep nerfed with alarm clocks

freddy nerf ######### sucks and is going to reduce his tier

• Lord_Tony
    Options

swing chains and jump rope was one of his best add ons

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    edited April 2021
    Options

I still don't understand why being easy is a bad thing?

What do you want the survivor queues to be even longer?

To have the killer side to have a healthy player base you do need simple/easy but effective killers.

If everything that was easy wasn't good the game would crash and burn HARD!

• odra
    Options

yeah it's easy so don't care, I like to play killer and sick of playing spirit, nerf that spirit so killers dont get carried by that braindead spirit

• Damarus
    Damarus Member Posts: 600
    Options

And people should really stop pretending that killers are the only ones ever getting nerfed. DS was nerfed so hard that it has now becomes near useless, for instance. And since it was the only real tool survivors had to not even STOP the endless tunneling, but at least punish the killer for it, it's a tunnel fiesta now.

• Damarus
    edited April 2021
    Options

Because there needs to be a difference, that already exists in terminology, between being extremely easy and extremely powerful at the same time. Spirit is pretty much the DbD's version of Rainbow Six's Ash, an overpicked character that is almost always present because of how easy and borderline OP she is. Again, there is a difference. Easy does not equal OP. In fact, it should be the other way around. Nurse can be OP, but she doesn't feel oppressive to play against. She can be played around, she moves slower because of her power and, because of her power, won't get that stupid tunnel incentivizer called Bloodlust. I'd rather face 100 Nurses that 1 Spirit. Everyone can be good with Spirit. My grandmother's grandmother could be good with Spirit.

• odra
    Options

this is sometimes when i play killer i don't need to check for DS anymore, just because you heal your teammate your DS is already useless, right now DS is joke perk that would activate if the one rescuing you is not injured cause they will heal you and expect you to heal them

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    edited April 2021
    Options

I believe she needs an addon pass and something to tune down her synergy with stridor. Her base kit is fine imho

The thing is add-ons are made to make the killers power stronger right? So i don't see how to tune down her add-ons without tuning down her power too, kinda like the nurse treatment where nurse is basically old basekit with double recharge add-ons. I don't know if I'm explaining my point correctly though 🤔

• Damarus
    Options

I can't tell if you are agreeing with me or not. But yeah, I do agree that you don't need to be careful as a killer anymore. And, to be honest, since I rarely play survivor anymore, as a killer I find it a good change. But, since I like to be OBJECTIVE when I speak about balancement, since that's how you should be in its regard, I acknowleged how DS could be now renamed BS. If they wanted to nerf it, fine, completely ok for me both as a killer and a survivor. But you should at least make it so it decativates after no less than 5-10 seconds of other interactions and on unhook. The way it is now, a killer can just simply fake going for someone else and then immediately come after you again. Or you may think that you lost the killer and he comes right back at you, to tunnel you again.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Ahhh the more enjoyable aspect of the game; or at least it certainly is for me! I'm now at the point where i enjoy watching others play more than i enjoy playing myself!

I live a sad existence lol

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

You put snares at either side of the loop while sitting on the pallet. How is the speed going to affect him?

If you need more than 5 snares you pretty bad at placing them

Black box was never used, slowdown add ons weren’t even that good after their nerf

Barely anyone uses alarm clocks since it’s such a time sink to get to them

Freddy is going from A tier to A tier

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,763
    Options
    1. The reason people want Spirit to be harder to use is because she is the 2nd strongest killer in the game, her map mobility and chase power and unrivalled by most of the roster (this is the same reason people want Freddy nerfed)
    2. Nerfing one killer to be harder to use really won't affect the queues that much, the people who don't like the nerfs will simply switch to a different killer
    3. The majority of the cast simply aren't effective against good teams, there is a reason Nurse, Spirit and Freddy are the only killers you see at Reds
    4. This point is pretty much invalidated by the existence of 3rd party chat software and Freddy, both are stupid easy and give massive rewards for little effort
  • Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

None of that really matters to how strong she is for how easy she is.

Survivor's powers aka perks and items generally speaking have a skill floor lower then the spirit and yet can be more powerful then her.

So should we apply that logic to survivors and make all meta survivor perks as difficult to use as their strength would dictate?

Also easy but effective killers are there to get new players into the game and given how high the turn over is for new killers... It WILL hurt in the long run.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,763
    Options

4 players with 4 meta perks each will lose to a good Spirit with Stridor almost every single time so that point is meaningless

There is a reason most of the meta perks have activation requirements and why people say Unbreakable should have a requirement

how about instead of making the only good perks harder to use we buff the other 95% of perks that are either redundant, really niche or flat out useless

Nerfing a killer that by all means is a outlier will not hurt the game in the long run, constantly releasing weak killers and not giving them buffs that make them useful in higher ranks/ not addressing obvious balancing issues/ constantly ignoring community feedback will

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

I play survivor and killer equally and spirit needs a complete power rework imo.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

Some teams are really good and giving me hard games. But still i am killing them. % 10 15 of my matches everyone escapes and that happening because of my mistakes.

I dont know why people talking about swf like tournament teams. All swf groups are not God. And most of them normal survivors, yes matches with them more harder because SWF teams playing good. But still i am destroying most of them.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

Ah yes, Spirit, the killer where if she uses cosmetics she has absolutely no tell that she is phasing

Just face it, spirit is a killer that has absolutely no counter, and DON'T get me started on double backing with walking as stridor counters that, same with your footsteps

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    edited April 2021
    Options

Still waiting on someone to pull that old Britney Spears meme from its grave for these types of posts.

• ShamelessPigMain
    Options

That would make Spirit hard to play, but not necessarily cap her potential. As you correctly mentioned, most good Spirits won't need scratch marks since they're already running the mother-daughter ring, but that won't make it more tolerable to go up against good spirits, just bad ones. Then we get nurse 2.0, with a similar gap between the worst of the worst and the best of the best.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

As a solo survivor I hate spirit but as a killer I understand that she's necessary.

• Predated
    Options

Exactly, anyone claiming SWF is too powerful because any SWF in red rank leads to a 3 man escape is simply evidence that they have been boosted by Spirit.

• Predated
    Options

The thing is, good Spirits tend to play fair if they have full control of the situation, bad Spirits dont. It wont fix the problems Spirit has, it would just reduce the salt that goes along with facing Spirit players in general.

If I face a Spirit, I am always going to assume Stridor, Noed, Pop and Haunted Grounds being used, because that's all Spirit needs to get a 4k. Even if a good Spirit would be more likely to using perks like Discordance, Thrilling Tremors, Tinkerer and/or Ruin. There is a very large portion of Spirit players that are just terrible killers and are only in red ranks because of how easy it is to play Spirit.

And as for Nurse, at least there is a challenge going against a very good Nurse, because like good Spirit players, they tend to play fair. Even its near impossible to win unless you rush gens, at least you can expect to not be rushed out of the game if you're the first player encountered. I can get black pips against a strong Nurse, I can get black pips against a strong Spirit. But everytime I face a bad killer playing Spirit, all they do is rush me out ASAP and I might aswell just disconnect.

• TacoRat445
    TacoRat445 Member Posts: 6
    Options

Nurse, hag, blight, any A or S tier killer. Or hear me out, get better. Spirit needs a nerf.

This discussion has been closed.