Will Dead By Daylight Still Be Alive in the future ?

Just a random question what do you guys think ?

Comments

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Probably but hopefully it has competition. Because the last 2 chapters have been very under performing and just bad

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Yes.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    edited April 2021

Probably. The game has demonstrated its resilience in the past.

But as with all things, it'll start dying one day and the devs will probably eye a not-so-Dead by Daylight II.

im forever sorry I even thought about making that joke please forgive me

• Malum_Midnight
    Malum_Midnight Member Posts: 366

“A certain game” has gotten arguably the closest to competition that DbD has ever had, because of the simple fact many content creators are playing it. Even if I don’t personally like it, I hope it succeeds because it could spawn genuine competition

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,487

Well, it's two months away from its five year anniversary, when most other games of this genre have failed to stay alive for even a year.

Even multiplayer games that aren't asymmetrical horror titles would normally have stopped development and moved onto a sequel by now.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Yeah personally I would probably stick with dbd but it's been almost 9 months and with one good chapter and if another game is doing well I would check it out

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Everything eventually dies.

You will die, I will die, the game will die, humanity itself will die.

But as long as no apocalyptic events happen in the near future i think it will survive for quite a while longer.

DbD just does things that no other game does.

• sleepywynd
    sleepywynd Member Posts: 118

The biggest worry it has is another better game coming around... so give it time? Maybe a couple years, maybe never.

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806

Weird question.

I am sure this game will continue to last for awhile.

For how long? Who knows. But everything ends eventually.