Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Increase survivor bloodpoint reward

SiftHeadsDude
SiftHeadsDude Member Posts: 34
edited November 2018 in General Discussions
I know this might generate comments such as “git gud” and such haha, but playing as a survivor gets you so much less than a killer. Surviving and doing good nets you like 15k max, dying and doing good about 10k. Doing bad still less. Being a bad killer gets you at least 20k though and it keeps going up if you do good. I feel playing as a survivor is such a chore if you want to get serious bloodpoints, it makes more sense to just spam play the killer. I feel they should increase/add a reward for straight up finishing the game, or split it between completing the game and the struggle phase (to discourage intentional suicides)...thoughts?

Comments

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

i know this is why i usually run were gonna live forever and farm people so i get about 30 - 50k

• SiftHeadsDude
    edited November 2018
    I know there’s offerings and perks to help out but I still feel it’s small. I’m not talking a huge increase, just maybe like 3k for the struggle and 3k for finishing the game. This way its more worth your time to play survivor, and also helps limit the issue of rage quitting and suiciding. 
  • SiftHeadsDude
    I get what you mean by the killer is by himself but you’re still putting in work and everyone is also putting in the same amount of time to the game. Most of my survivor games are pretty hectic but I also agree the system could use an overhaul too
  • TheLegendDyl4n1

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Its mostly because the survival category needs a rework.

yes it does the only way to get survival points other than surviving is either self healing or self unhooking

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771

yes it does the only way to get survival points other than surviving is either self healing or self unhooking

And the worst part is that points for self heal should not even exist.
    Maybe we should get points for wiggling and stealth.
  • TheLegendDyl4n1

TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

the longer we are not in a chase with the killer we should get survival points. not alot but enough to where it balances bloodpoints and i swear to god if someone says that killers only get one thing of bloodpoints while survivors all get 4 bloodpoints ill just shoot myself

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Sure, but then your Items and Add-ons will be single-use only.

Do you want that?
  • Alona
    Alona Member Posts: 40

@DocOctober said:

Do you want that?

I'd have no problem with that. Most of the times my items and add-ons are single-use anyway because I use them up during the match or exchange it with other items I find in chests. Or I die. So more bloodpoints would be nice.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@Alona said:

@DocOctober said:

Do you want that?

I'd have no problem with that. Most of the times my items and add-ons are single-use anyway because I use them up during the match or exchange it with other items I find in chests. Or I die. So more bloodpoints would be nice.

Of course you'd had no problem. Survivors are not dependent on their Items and their Add-ons unlike most of the Killers.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@SiftHeadsDude said:
    I know this might generate comments such as “git gud” and such haha, but playing as a survivor gets you so much less than a killer. Surviving and doing good nets you like 15k max, dying and doing good about 10k. Doing bad still less. Being a bad killer gets you at least 20k though and it keeps going up if you do good. I feel playing as a survivor is such a chore if you want to get serious bloodpoints, it makes more sense to just spam play the killer. I feel they should increase/add a reward for straight up finishing the game, or split it between completing the game and the struggle phase (to discourage intentional suicides)...thoughts?

Sure, if survivors lose all their stuff too, even if they escape

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

@DocOctober said:

Do you want that?

Most crazy strong items are consumables one use key insta's brand new parts etc. Toolboxes ya are problematic but that's a balance issue a slight nerf to toolboxes is definitely needed the depip squad proved that. What's important to note is a survivour needs an items and add-ons where as a killers power is default with add ons being the changing factor.

Every time a double bp or bp event starts up killer lobbies are crap. Because often you can farm up more points as killer. This makes getting consistent killer games annoying so why not make it so survivors get equal bp gain or at the very least slightly improve the amount you get as survivor.

Survival point categories should award points for escaping the killer whilst injured. As a whole survival should award points based on other categories as well. Like benevolence healing someone up, and gen completion. To do this they could slightly reduce escape points but award points across all these activities.

• SiftHeadsDude
    Master said:

@SiftHeadsDude said:

Sure, if survivors lose all their stuff too, even if they escape

Why would you want them to lose all their stuff? That makes no sense, they already do lose everything except items, and those are lost if you die too
  • SiftHeadsDude
    I like that. I wasn’t even asking for anything crazy haha, just like an extra 5k in general to better balance it out. And like I had said too if you put that in things like the struggle phase and end game, it can limit other problems like rage quitting and rage suiciding. The only thing to be careful for it to make sure they don’t put the points into things that would make the survivors farm and screw other survivors over, instead of playing the game properly. 
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Killer get more on average because they are doing all the work. Survivors are a team; hence the split in points. Your not getting less, teammates are soaking up potential points while your between objectives. Co-op more for the bonus points.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@SiftHeadsDude said:

The difference in Killer Bloodpoints vs Survivor Bloodpoints is due to item/add-on economy. Survivors can get free items from the match by grabbing something a fellow teammate dropped or using perks to get both the item and add-ons. Killers do not have this option and can only buy there add-ons from the bloodweb. Since the Killer is forced to spend more BP than a survivor, they are rewarded more BP as a way to compensate this economic discrepancy.

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

its fine the way it is the reason survivors get less its because of two things one survivors can keep their items and two survivors usually will have a faster game then he killer

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237
    Nice how everyone is thinking about this issuee in an 1v1 perspective.
    There are 4 survivors, each capable of reaching 32ķ, same as killer. Actually survs can snatch items too, increasing their effective gain.

Im a casul player but i guess even regular redrankers have rounds where all 5 players have around 18-22k Each. (Unless its a stomp)

While I agree my 4v1 view isn't ideal, neither is comparing 1 surv with the killer
  • FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    There are 4 survivors, each capable of reaching 32ķ, same as killer. Actually survs can snatch items too, increasing their effective gain.

Im a casul player but i guess even regular redrankers have rounds where all 5 players have around 18-22k Each. (Unless its a stomp)

While I agree my 4v1 view isn't ideal, neither is comparing 1 surv with the killer
    In my opinion, the flaw in that logic is that it isn't one account/person with 4 party members to split the loot or experience between, it's four individual accounts/people all putting the time and effort into that match with equal amounts to lose and not enough ways to earn them or just generally not getting enough for what they do do. Each person needs to gain an amount equal to the effort and time they put into the match, not split it. With that logic the killer should be getting 80k+ points(4 times the current survivor amount), not 20k+ :) It just seems a bit odd to me to compare them. Hopefully I didn't misinterpret what you meant
  • Lanis_
    Lanis_ Member Posts: 183

Like I said one billion time since the game release, if you want as much point as killer you should also accept losing your item/addon no matter the game outcome like killers

To be Fair , i accept lost addon, not item (like killer lose addon and not his/Her weapon).
  • Lanis_
    Lanis_ Member Posts: 183
    That's becauss you put in more work as a killer.

As a survivor the workload is shared across 4 people. You can relax more as you're holding M1 on a gen half the time.

Killer is all out from the get go. Chase after chase after chase. They have to do it all themselves too against a team of 4.

It makes sense that they get more points.

That said I think the survivor scoring system could get an overhaul. Doing gens while the killer struggles to get a hook all game gived you very little since you get no benevolence and no evader.

As a killer however you can pretty much just sneeze and get a black pip.
    Even whitout 1k the killer can get 20k (40k with BBQ) without offering.

Survivor escape, 1 hook and unhooked another survivor can get 20k (25k with WGLF).

And BBQ works for farming BP and another powered bonus, WGLF only for farming.

The difference between BP is for encourage people to play killer, because in past this game was survivor unbalanced and need people to play Killer.. now that killer is more strong than survivor (solo, not SWF) not need anymore this difference.
    Imho

• Maxi605
    Maxi605 Member Posts: 145

Well, as killer you're playing a 1 VS 4, as Survivor 4 VS 1, i can see the difference on earning BP.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857

TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

the longer we are not in a chase with the killer we should get survival points. not alot but enough to where it balances bloodpoints and i swear to god if someone says that killers only get one thing of bloodpoints while survivors all get 4 bloodpoints ill just shoot myself

Makes an abusable scoring event, what if killer is in chase, killer has no need to look for you and you're getting free points.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857

In my opinion, the flaw in that logic is that it isn't one account/person with 4 party members to split the loot or experience between, it's four individual accounts/people all putting the time and effort into that match with equal amounts to lose and not enough ways to earn them or just generally not getting enough for what they do do. Each person needs to gain an amount equal to the effort and time they put into the match, not split it. With that logic the killer should be getting 80k+ points(4 times the current survivor amount), not 20k+ :) It just seems a bit odd to me to compare them. Hopefully I didn't misinterpret what you meant
    People could do better but it depends on the killer. An ok killer gives good points. Bad or too good gives less points.
  • Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    it's really pathetic that so many killers are whining about this idea. 
    it literally does NOTHING to you... it simply incentivizes more survivor play. 
    this issue is exactly why I end up playing more killer than survivor. (this and the abundance of campers on xbox)
  • Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Avariku said:
    this issue is exactly why I end up playing more killer than survivor. (this and the abundance of campers on xbox)
    Fun fact. I farm with feng for my spirit. Getting chased 24/7 and do a gen I enough to earn more than the killer, especially if you do save with we are gonna farm forever
  • TheLegendDyl4n1

again items and add ons for survivor is not guaranteed to survive and items and add ons for killers well the item is your power which i can argue does alot more for than my item and the add ons are so much more powerful then our item add ons so when items/power and add ons are given equal power then they can be one use. and no its not a 1v4 for me its a 1v1v1v1v1

• MrMyers
    MrMyers Member Posts: 43

7 Objectives for 4 survivors, (Gens + Gates) 2 of these objectives which take little time, whilst 12 objectives for 1 killer.

Tell me again, why should survivors get more bloodpoints?

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@SiftHeadsDude said:

If killer is so great and gives so many easy bloodpoints… feel free to play killer.
    What is holding you back?
    Just do it.
    And don't forget to come back to the forum and share your experience with us.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Unhooks shouldn't grant points or count towards altruism anymore. Survivors should get more points for other things to compensate for this.

Maybe then killers that don't step more than 10m away from the hook wouldn't have such an easy time when survivors decide to attempt an unhook anyway.
  • Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

It made sense to me, but im an old school D&D player. A solo player (killer) should get a higher amount of exp than a party of 4-6 (Survivors) ... I main killer, but I play occasionally survivor too, so I have enough BP to feed my Meg just by playing my killers. Not a problem for me since it is all pooled together.

• apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245

I've been playing survivor a lot more recently, and I've come to find that survivors have benefits that killer's don't get to enjoy.

Survivors are able to engage with the trial as much as they see fit; if you want to hide the whole trial, you can do that; on the other hand you can choose to engage more by getting chased and unhooking people; your bloodpoint scores will reflect this. The greatest aspect to this, really, is that as a survivor I have a few options regarding how stressful I want the game to be, not always, but often. As a killer, it's ######### or get off the pot.

Also, survivors can leave the trial early. When playing killer I am stuck in the match until it finishes, but as a survivor I have been able to earn 5-10k BP quickly and be out of the trial in a few minutes, even if I die. So, if I focus on playing that way, I can get in 3-5 games in the time it takes my killer to complete 2-3. Pretty good when I consider that as a killer I'm not guaranteed to earn 50-60k each trial.

It's pretty neat that as a survivor I can leave a trial with an item, even when I didn't bring any in... then continuously reuse that item. As a killer I have to spend points just to improve my chances to win, but even then, if I get genrushed and can't secure many hooks for BBQ I can leave the trial with 10k BPs. Only earning 10k doesn't happen often, but it only pays for the addons I used to enter the trial, meaning I gained virtually zero bloodpoints from that trial.

To be frank, I don't have a problem with survivors earning more BPs, really. I see them do it all the time. Although, I do have a problem with them earning BPs more easily than killers, because those potential BP gains are sometimes the only reason a person is willing to play as the killer.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@MrMyers said:
    7 Objectives for 4 survivors, (Gens + Gates) 2 of these objectives which take little time, whilst 12 objectives for 1 killer.

so you killers can keep your survivors to kill instead of survivors playing killers for more BP

• MrMyers

@Avariku said:

1: Disagreeing with someone does not automatically make them a "whiner"

2: Killers have much harder jobs, therefore granting them more bloodpoints.

• Avariku
    MrMyers said:

@Avariku said:

did I say ALL of them that I disagree with are whining? no, I stated that there are a lot of them whining about it and yes... that's a fact.

second, no one is trying to make killers get less for the work they do, they're trying to get more for the work that survivors do... so where's the problem you have with this?

I guess survivors should just risk their lives for their teammates "just because" ? 

breaking totems and voluntarily slowing down the game just in case someone has NOED shouldn't be rewarded? 

no, you're right, survivors shouldn't get any incentive to play the game since they're obviously not putting in anywhere near as much work as the killer, hell, they're getting too many bloodpoints already.
  • MrMyers

@Avariku said:
    MrMyers said:

@Avariku said:

did I say ALL of them that I disagree with are whining? no, I stated that there are a lot of them whining about it and yes... that's a fact.

second, no one is trying to make killers get less for the work they do, they're trying to get more for the work that survivors do... so where's the problem you have with this?

I guess survivors should just risk their lives for their teammates "just because" ? 

breaking totems and voluntarily slowing down the game just in case someone has NOED shouldn't be rewarded? 

no, you're right, survivors shouldn't get any incentive to play the game since they're obviously not putting in anywhere near as much work as the killer, hell, they're getting too many bloodpoints already.

1. Who is whining?

2. I didn’t say people are trying to make killers get less blood points.

3. You act like survivors get much less blood points than killers. This is incorrect. Try “We’re going to live forever”

• Avariku
    MrMyers said:

@Avariku said:
    MrMyers said:

@Avariku said:

1. Who is whining?

2. I didn’t say people are trying to make killers get less blood points.

3. You act like survivors get much less blood points than killers. This is incorrect. Try “We’re going to live forever”

noone is whining, at all, definitely not about killers losing items, cause survivors never lose theirs. I was just lying to make my case look better

you're right,  it's a fallacious point I was making that clearly serves no purpose. it definitely wasn't meant to illustrate that killers are up in arms over something that literally doesn't affect them at all.

and once again, no, you're right, survivors should be forced to rely on a broken mechanic (taking hits for other survivors that rarely register) or throwing ourselves at the mercy of every camper for a rescue to get bloodpoints. 

I'm sorry that I forgot how hard this game is on killers... I'll let myself out...
  • TheCatLady
    TheCatLady Member Posts: 60

I'd be down for a permanent BP increase, or at least more frequent blood hunts. As it is at the moment, grinding is just painful especially with how bad the bloodwebs can be, leveling up feels like wasting my BP half the time.

• MrMyers

@Avariku said:
    MrMyers said:

@Avariku said:

MrMyers said:

@Avariku said:

* Who is whining?

• I didn’t say people are trying to make killers get less blood points.

• You act like survivors get much less blood points than killers. This is incorrect. Try “We’re going to live forever”

noone is whining, at all, definitely not about killers losing items, cause survivors never lose theirs. I was just lying to make my case look better

you're right,  it's a fallacious point I was making that clearly serves no purpose. it definitely wasn't meant to illustrate that killers are up in arms over something that literally doesn't affect them at all.

and once again, no, you're right, survivors should be forced to rely on a broken mechanic (taking hits for other survivors that rarely register) or throwing ourselves at the mercy of every camper for a rescue to get bloodpoints. 

I'm sorry that I forgot how hard this game is on killers... I'll let myself out...

Smart!

• SiftHeadsDude
    edited December 2018
    Wolf74 said:

@SiftHeadsDude said:

If killer is so great and gives so many easy bloodpoints… feel free to play killer.
    Just do it.

What’s your problem lol? Like seriously cut the toxicity. I do play as a killer, matter of fact I play killer more than survivor. Congratulations I hope you’re happy that you have that info. Now that that’s out of the way, which was completely off topic...feel free to address the issue I presented, where survivors get arguably too low amount of bloodpoints, and I presented ideas to give a small boost that’s both fair and improves gameplay. 
  • SiftHeadsDude
    MrMyers said:

Idk what you’re going on about, but if you actually opted to read what I wrote, you woulda seen that I explained the amount of bloodpoints acquired by the survivors is arguably too low when you take in the amount of time put into the game as well as killer gameplay. And a small increase would both help balance it out, as well as improve overall gamplay.
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@SiftHeadsDude said:
    Wolf74 said:

@SiftHeadsDude said:

Just do it.

What’s your problem lol? Like seriously cut the toxicity. I do play as a killer, matter of fact I play killer more than survivor. Congratulations I hope you’re happy that you have that info. Now that that’s out of the way, which was completely off topic...feel free to address the issue I presented, where survivors get arguably too low amount of bloodpoints, and I presented ideas to give a small boost that’s both fair and improves gameplay. 

Killer need more BPs... Killer are the only player that will play the whole game from start to end, no matter what… Survivor can still gain MORE BPs than the killer IF they are good… so what's your point exactly?
    Survivor can just jump into the next game and go on playing and gain more BPs per minute, but of course not if you have to wait for your SWF buddies.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

can we just let this go already FFS if you want more BP just play killer if not suck it up as I do.