how would you make the the grind less painful

i think way are good like increasing the bp in a game overall or make it so there are no tier for perks

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Double all Category-BP-Offerings (green-->200% per Category, yellow-->150% per Category, Brown-->100% per Category) and remove the Category Cap, but keep the 32k Cap.

This should be the very least.

OR, just double all Score Events, let Survivors get 100 BPs/600 BPs for Skill Checks on Gens or Killers 600 BPs for Hits, etc. up to a Maximum of 64k BP per Trial.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068
    edited April 2021

They mentioned a while back about getting rid of the ranked perks and only having a single tier for all of them. This would cut it by an insane 66%. That idea might be questionable to them now as lots of people's interest in the game is perpetuated by the grind itself.

Personally, I feel the grind is much better than how it used to be. I remember a time before archives and god forbid without bubba.

Edit : also you never used to get 4 perks at lvl 50 plus

• jakesotto
    jakesotto Member Posts: 201

I'm surprised prestige doesn't reduce the prices of things. Each level should give some sort of % discount on everything in the bloodwebs. It would make prestiging more useful and make more sense considering you'll want to invest more points into someone you have prestiged.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

Allow selling useless items/add-ons/offerings (which is a large % of them). Even if you only got 10% of your BP back, it’s way better than having hundreds of these sitting in your inventory that you’ll never use

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    edited April 2021

Eh, everyone talks about how bad the grind was before Legacy blah blah blah... but honestly the grind got worse since then. Even assuming the grind took 6 times as long (which it didn't, even without BBQ) that still wouldn't amount to the grind required now.

Early DBD:

• 4 Survivors
    • 3 Killers
    • 7 Characters to level, no BBQ, no Archives/BP codes but the occasional Bloodhunt/rush

Now:

• 23 Killers
    • 25 Survivors
    • 48 Characters to level, BBQ, Archives/easier dailies/BP codes but we barely get any BP events

The grind would had to have been at least 7x worse than the current grind to be longer, which I just simply don't believe to be true even with the boosts from challenges. And before someone mentions how the bloodwebs were bad back then (they were), I just want to say how much garbage clogs up modern bloodwebs. I'd rather be getting gray toolboxes than Deadman's Switch and a basement offering.

Maybe I'm being disingenuous counting the survivors since they aren't really necessary to level, but then again Meg and Claudette were the only survivors people cared about in 2016.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

Increase the blood points cap over one million. I understand the reasoning that they don't want people to just speed run by hoarding blood points ( at least that's the last thing I read concerning this) however that was years ago, a time where there weren't so many killers and survivors to go through.

There will only be more survivors and killers so for as long as the blood point cap remains in a place that was meant for a time where there was less content to go through then the grind will only get worse.

How much should it increase? Idk. Maybe by 1 blood point or something.

• DurkaDurka
    DurkaDurka Member Posts: 29

Simple. Reduce every single item in the bloodweb by 1000 points. It would really only make every bloodweb cost about 12k less but that would go a long way toward reducing the oppressive grind. And it doesn't require any iffy reworks to in-game points or anything else.

I kinda can't imagine starting this game from scratch again knowing how long it takes to level everyone up.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,144

Increase the BP cap.

Have Prestige do something more than just unlock bloody clothes, like maybe decrease the price of stuff on the Bloodweb.

Get rid of some of the useless junk that clutters the Bloodweb and wastes BP.

Allow players to sell the items/offerings/add-ons they don't want back for 1/2 or 1/3 of the BP cost.

Consolidate map offerings into one offering from which the player can choose which realm they want to burn for. (It's ridiculous how much BP someone can put into the Bloodweb and never get the chance for their desired map.)

Make the bonus points from BBQ/WGLF basekit.

Only require using the Bloodweb to unlock Tier 1 of each perk. After that, the player can put BP into that perk specifically to get it to tier 2 and tier 3. This keeps some of the RNG and it keeps tiers but it lessens the pain a bit considering the ridiculous number of perks we now have (and the number increases by 3 with each chapter). This would also give them the opportunity to create tier-less perks in the future, if they so choose.

• Jane_Is_Mega_Thicc
    Jane_Is_Mega_Thicc Member Posts: 137

All I’m focusing on is that adorable baby Dwight on the hook 🥰

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

Let us sell the stuff we get in the bloodweb for a partial or full refund of the bp we spent. Then we won't have to waste 100k bp on Padded Jaws as we level up Trapper.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932
    edited April 2021

They really need to do something about the grind. It's ridiculous! I'm switching from console to PC next month and will have to start over. Gonna be fun...

• Flimflam
    Flimflam Member Posts: 103

I think the bloodweb should only contain T1 of the perks and after you acquire them you can directly level them with BP.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Make the BP multiplier form BBQ and WGLF basekit. And add more ways to get WGLF stacks.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited April 2021

Here's how I would reduce the grind

• Only the first tier of a perk is available in the bloodweb - To level up the perk you must level it up in the Loadout - To compensate the ease of acquiring the perks the price of each tier perk has been increased - Overall this is meant to just reduce the randomness of the bloodweb
    • The Tome / Archives now have two separate types of challenges - General and Specialized challenges. General challenges can be finished passively while playing as there is no need to select these challenges (Ex - Completing generators count toward challenge, hooking survivors count toward challenge, cleansing totems count toward challenge - These types of general challenges do not need to be selected in the web as they are passively part of the Tome / Archives now after being activated in the menu. To activate them simply select the general challenges in that specific tome / archive.
    • Players may select up to three different challenges at once.
    • Daily challenges has been reworked - Each challenge given will have an objective you can complete for either the killer or survivor role.
    • A recycling system has been added - Recycle addons, items and offerings for half the original price of the recycled good.
    • Players can pay 10,000 bloodpoints to skip the current bloodweb
  • DominiqV
    DominiqV Member Posts: 54

I wouldn't. I personally am a fan of spending hours to get to an end goal of either getting all perks i want or getting all teachables.... maybe Im weird but I enjoy having an end point and not just playing for fun as it can sometimes feel pointless.