If MoM and Soul Guard are active at the same time which is used first?

Options

funkie Mettle of Man builds i've been doing involve getting up and tanking hits with soul guard at as well, if I get my third stack going down and then use soul guard to get up in front of the killer does it waste Mettle at the same time?

Comments

• Danky_Bong
    Danky_Bong Member Posts: 16
    edited April 2021
    Options

We are in it for the mental damage, man will think of it games after if it's pulled off, Right on knowing it works like that. I've been trying to get a combo with this and for the people to full heal a 99'd slug.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    Options

I don't think endurance stacks, so if you have the endurance effect from both up at the same time (meaning you don't get MoM from the soul guard hit), what may happen is that both are used at once, so you only get value out of one. Either that or the timed endurance of soul guard will temporarily overshadow the fact that MoM even exists, and the endurance status effect is applied by MoM being active, not like any token system.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,602
    Options

Knowing this game, it will use up both of them for the same hit.

• Danky_Bong
    Danky_Bong Member Posts: 16
    Options

I'm hoping that soul guard will be used first like borrowed time, but then I'd have to mend before being able to use MoM.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    Options

I know for a fact that if you get soul guard/BT, you take a hit with that, and that gives you the protection hit needed to activate MoM (EG, you have 2 protection hits, you're on the hook, you get rescued with BT, you take a protection hit, BT puts you into deep wounds, MoM gets that final protection hit stack and activates), then you'll be able to use Soul Guard/BT and then MoM without having to mend at all. I don't know what happens if MoM is already at 3 stacks and BT/Soul Guard is active, though.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
    Options

I've done this, first Soul Guard then MoM.

I used it with a Styptic against a Bubba a year ago on the PTB, there was a bug where you could stack them all. Long story short I bullied a Bubba by not going down to 3 chainsaw hits in 10 seconds.