Stop saying nurse mains are good

Options
IOIOO
IOIOO Member Posts: 61

I just played nurse, for about 3 weeks, and I instantly got into top %, and destroy survivors honestly every single match unless its lerys or coldwind. Nurse isn't that hard, she even takes less skills than any other killer such as pig and spirit, if you don't trust me you can try her, she needs a nerf, even as a rank 1 it is extremely sweaty to play against a purple rank nurse, she is more broken than anyone.

ยซ1

Comments

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 743
    Options

Playing on PC instead of Switch, Iโ€™ve found Nurse kind of easy to pick up. I had more issues initially with Spirit. Trickster seems way more technically difficult to me than Nurse and thatโ€™s just my own experience.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

You bring shame to your username. C'mon, step it up. :P

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Idk something about this seems untrue

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,204
    Options

Really and how can we scrimmage against your 3 week of skill nurse ?

• IOIOO
    IOIOO Member Posts: 61
    Options

At least when playing spirit you need to be able to listen carefully and follow scratch marks, but nurse? just press m2 and kill survivors.

What mind games do you need to do at a pallet loop and nurse? none

What knowledge you need for controlling gens as nurse? None. Because you can honestly blink towards the gens with a higher speed than billy.

Im pretty sure you have never actually been in a high red rank match.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Good hearing and basic game sense is all you need for Spirit. Itโ€™s really not that hard to play her considering that you can also just stand still and the survivors will come right to you. Nurse requires a lot of aim and precision with blinks. If you miss a blink by a little bit youโ€™re punished with a fatigue and survivor making more distance while you also continue to chase them as a 3.85 killer for 3 additional seconds. If you miss a phase walk by 4 meters then youโ€™re not punished at all because she has no stun coming out of her power.

• arcticgirl36
    arcticgirl36 Member Posts: 137
    Options

You can make personal attacks all you want. All you have to do is look up the actual statistics which show nurse has the lowest kill rate.

• arcticgirl36
    Options

What other metric is there to judge how weak or strong a killer is besides sacrifice percent rates?

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
    Options

I don't say Spirit mains are good and they always get the 4k easily

I say Nurse mains are good because they actually had to put in the effort

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,263
    Options

"unless its lerys or coldwind"

well then you aren't in the top % of nurse, coldwind is basically an open playground for nurse as long as you can slightly see through the corn and predict people

also top % is more of a realative term, there isn't really a measure as its more of a spectrum of how good of a nurse you are

if you want an actually measure of top percentage of rattata then maybe it can be considered if you are on the top 150 of the leaderboard, and the minimum to be on it is 23,656 blink attacks so good luck getting there anytime soon

• arcticgirl36
    Options

Even red rank nurses are very weak overall. I don't know why people need to make personal attacks against me for citing actual statistics. But this is just the way the world is now. If you actually look up the statistics which is very easy to do the nurse is extremely weak--almost pathetically and pitifully so.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404
    Options

sheโ€™s easy to play. sorry nurse mains, youโ€™re not good for blinking through walls, past pallets/vaults, negating distance. things that other killers need to work around or break. they are also not good for predicting people, itโ€™s easy to predict survivors if you play both sides.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815
    Options

Playing Nurse is essentially a different game mode. If that's all you do, it won't seem hard because you learn. What makes it hard is that other killer skills don't carry over. I can't chase/M1 with nurse like I can with any other killer, I either learn to use her power well or lose.

But if I played any killer for 3 weeks, I'd get way better at them. Even so, Nurse takes a lot skill and is easy to fail on.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,750
    Options

Please keep the comments civil and respectful; you can have a difference in opinion without the name calling.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

and I instantly got into top %

...of what?

• Karna5
    Karna5 Member Posts: 34
    Options

ArcticGirl36 is correct. There are a few fallacies brought up by others in this thread on which I'd like to comment. I won't use poster names as who said the fallacies is not important.

One: Statistics on kills do not tell the whole story, even though nurse is extremely difficult to use.

Answer: They do actually tell the whole story because somebody who can get very good at nurse can actually get better at the stronger killers if they wanted. In fact, many of the best nurses who are used as examples of nurse strength played the game for thousands of hours, and the only thing one can infer from such a person playing nurse is they enjoy it. When someone gets so good at this game, it's natural to pick something more challenging to play well. This does not make nurse stronger. It arguably makes nurse more fun at high levels of expertise. But the statistics across all ranks do tell the actual and whole truth

Two: But nurses are strong because they can best defeat groups of survivors using voice communications to let each other know where the killer is.

Answer: This does not mean the nurse is strongest. It means these teams in question are terrible and rely so much on their voice warnings that they become inferior to solo survivors who learn to do well without the assistance of voice and team practice.

Three: But there are so-and-so nurse players who can annihilate anyone they want at will

Answer: Just because a very good killer can use a rolled up newspaper to kill somebody does not make the rolled up newspaper a better weapon than a knife. The rolled up newspaper is far weaker. It may, however, be more fun.

[I realize some of the posts to which I am responding were deleted, perhaps by moderation, and I am grateful for the moderation and am trying to post on the subject impersonally.]

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

If this isn't a bait post, I kinda agree that her difficulty is so ######### overrated it's absurd, but she is still one of the hardest killers to learn if that even means anything in a game as mechanically simple as DbD. But to say a main of that killer isn't a good player is just a whack statement to make. Of course they're good, they've played the character enough to be proficient with them, no matter how easy or hard that character is, the player is probably good at the game.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Options

13 posts hmmmmmmmm

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,283
    edited April 2021
    Options

Didn't take me long to pick up Nurse either, but does that mean I mastered her? no. Am I a better Nurse than I was before? absolutely. If some one puts the time into learning Nurse, (which most people don't even attempt to learn her), she becomes the easiest killer to play in the game

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited April 2021
    Options

I find her difficult and nauseating to play. So anybody who who can play her well is skillful in my eyes. shrug

Also... if she's so easy to play, why is her kill rate so garbage?

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,204
    Options

So with your logic all these top tier tournament teams are full of "bad players" because they lose to nurse? The nurse is the only killer that can ignore all of your safety and instantly clap you up, the reason the nurse doesn't have a high kill or pick rate is because she's hard to master and people get bullied so much when they try her out that they give her up all together and pick an easier killer to learn , I've played nurse for years and I can't remember the last time I actually lost a match with her its been quite a while , I started playing oni and the twins more recently just to switch things up and because not alot of people play as twins and I'm sure people would enjoy the game.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

Oh, I forgot to add the red ranks. Nurse is still lagging.....

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699
    Options

@IOIOO I agree with you 100%.

I was able to pick nurse up in about 5 games, and since then every game is a cake walk. I'm not even amazing with her, but I'd be beating a dead horse if I invested any amount of time improving with her. I'm better than the competition, and at this point nurse is so easy that I find her boring to play as.

Slap on both her Blink Recharge Add-Ons and she's a joke--you get both your blinks back before she finishes fatigue.

---

All that said... people come into this game from different backgrounds, and what comes naturally for one might not come naturally for another.

Just because I only need 5 games to learn Nurse, doesn't mean that everyone will.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options
  • OxiTape
    OxiTape Member Posts: 59
    Options

Clearly you donโ€™t play Nurse

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    Options

I really hope this is bait, but just in case it isn't...

Those statistics you're quoting are not reliable at all. There are far too many variables that determine the outcome of a match for those stats to mean anything:

How good was the killer?

How good were the survivors?

Were meta builds used or meme perks used?

What add-ons did the killer use?

What items did the survivors bring in?

Big map or small map?

Is the killer on console or pc? Or switch?

I could go on but hopefully you get the point. Those statistics should not be used to judge how good a killer is. Going by stats, Pig is one of the best killers in the game. But it's common knowledge that Pig is NOT one of the best killers. Go watch SupaAlf on youtube. He's a 5-6 thousand hour nurse main and he's insane.

• Karna5
    Options

Hi, BrokenSoul. I hope you're well. It's true one of your comments was part of what I addressed, but you're overlooking the whole of my contentions. Some posters here, including you, are giving anecdotal evidence to argue a bigger picture.

I will use real life history as a concrete correlative. Have you heard of Miyamoto Musashi, a very famous samurai from around year 1600. He is known to have fought around 70 real duels and much more, but often, including in duels, he used a wooden sword against his opponents who were using real swords.

By the rules of this thread as many would have us believe them, that would make the wooden sword the best weapon in the game.

What my point is that it does not make the wooden sword the best weapon. It makes Miyomoto Musashi the best swordsman.

Likewise, if someone dominates with a Nurse, it does not make the Nurse character the strongest killer. It makes the player the strongest player.

Look, seriously I have no interest in persuading you and others who so firmly believe in your anecdotal evidence. I'm fine with that and hope you are all happy, honestly. I simply was inclined to join the conversation, and now I've said my piece, and you've said your piece, and all is well :)

*Bows*

• Jane_Is_Mega_Thicc
    Jane_Is_Mega_Thicc Member Posts: 137
    Options

Prove it.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

Chile...This is BS or you're VERY new to the game

• Karna5
    Options

Laughs What rules? People have a misunderstanding of the rules of the game if one of the killers created by the developers is breaking them.

I appreciate the fun comment, however :) Thanks.

• Karna5
    Options

Hi, The_Krapper. We do not disagree on the premises. We disagree on the conclusions.

If a team of survivors can beat all types of killers except nurse, that is a weakness on the team and not the killer character.

Likewise, if a nurse player beats everyone, that is the credit of the player and not the nurse.

The nurse does not break rules. She is her own style with her own strengths and weaknesses.

Across the board the nurse is the weakest killer, proven by statistics. One cannot take specific examples to refute a generalization. That is an informal fallacy of logic.

Again, we do not disagree on the premises. But I contend the premises do not indicate the conclusion you think they indicate.

• GodLikeTerror
    GodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054
    edited April 2021
    Options

You know this is a unpopular opinion, but I agree nurse isn't that hard to use. I'm not that great with her, because I have like almost no time into her at all, but when I do pick her up I usually 4k with her pretty easily. I feel like other killers such as Trickster, Huntress, Clown, and few others require a lot more mechanical skill, and a lot more knowledge of tiles. While Nurse requires some mechanical skill, but just focuses more on knowing what survivors are going to do.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,619
    Options

I'd have to agree. She needs a total rework because her ability is super busted no matter how you look at it. What other killer can beat going through walls?

• Babawizwiz
    Babawizwiz Member Posts: 347
    Options

its easy to predict both sides if you play both sides lmao

• Babawizwiz
    Babawizwiz Member Posts: 347
    Options

Aww, did a nurse get you when you were self-caring on the corner?