Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Emblems

Tsulan
Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Are there any plans to rework Emblems?
Because right now they are unbalanced and don´t have different killer and survivor playstyles in mind.

Killer emblems

Gatekeeper

Problem: Name implies that this Emblem is about keeping the gate closed. Why does it only have gens into account? With the current gen rush meta, the killer has no control over this Emblem.
Solution: This Emblem needs to take into account if the gates got powered or opened, but no one escaped. Perks like Remember me, NOED and Bloodwarden exist for a reason.

Devout

This one is simple and efficient

Malicious

Problem: 1 hit killers get less points and even lose points if they down a survivor with 1 hit. If the survivor manages to escape per DS, Flashlight, Pallet and heals. The killers affected are: Hillbilly, Leatherface, Myers, Trapper, Huntress and Clown.
Solution: 1 hit counts as 2 hits (which they actually are) This way, the killers aren´t punished for using their abillity or add-ons.

Chaser

Problem: killers that are designed around "losing" the survivor get punished for playing the way they are meant to be played. 1 hit killers also get lesser points. For example, Myers could kill all 4 survivors with Tombstone and black pip.
The killers affected are: Trapper, Hillbilly, Wraith, Nurse, Myers, Hag, Freddy and the Pig.
Solution: Emblems should be adjusted to the powers and add-ons of the different killers. A Hillbilly plays different than a Trapper or Myers. Players should not be punished for playing killers the way they are meant to be played.

Survivors

Lightbringer

Problem: Points are split between survivors if they work on the same gen. This results in gen rushing, since every survivor wants to do a gen solo. Dull totems don´t count toward this emblem.
Solution: Points should count independently if survivors do gens solo or not. Dull totems count as half the points of a Hex totem.

Unbroken

Problem: This category is the mirrored version of Devout. It should act like it.
Solution: It should only give points if the survivor actually survives. If the survivor leaves injured, he gets lesser points than leaving healthy.

Benevolent

This one is balanced

Evader

Problem: Survivors get points for being chased, but almost no points for Evading the killer. This punishes stealth players.
Solution: Survivors which manage to stay hidden from the killer, should be given way more points towards this emblem. Someone who manages to avoid the killer for the whole match, should get Iridiscent Unbroken and Iridiscent Evader.

Comments

• aufovsky
    aufovsky Member Posts: 52

Lightbringer : main issue is that points are splitted.

Unbroken is okay

Benevolent : its bad for me cus u dont get points when u unhook someone near killer.

Evader : ur right in this one

I dont want to talk about killer ones cus i barerly play as a killer

• Tsulan

@aufovsky said:

Unbroken is okay

Benevolent : its bad for me cus u dont get points when u unhook someone near killer.

You still get points for Benevolent if you unhook with BT.

• Tsulan

@aufovsky said:

Unbroken is okay

BTW. You should try playing killer. If you only play survivor, you miss half of the game.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Gatekeeper : why not.
    Malicious : I believe we already talked about that, but what you lose in malicious, you gain in chase.
    Chaser : not a real problem except for MM

Lightbringer : I heavily disagree. Points should being split up. Grouping up shouldn't generator more points, as a solo survivor actually doing more work than 2 people would actually get penalized with less points even tho he spent more time repairing, which is stupid.
    Unbroken : Fine as it is considering most rounds are super short anyway
    Evader : Fine as it is considering the genrush meta going on. It makes people to want to take risks and evaluate, which is a good thing. Unless you want even more gen rushing that is.

• Tsulan

@Runiver said:
    Malicious : I believe we already talked about that, but what you lose in malicious, you gain in chase.

Lightbringer : I heavily disagree. Points should being split up. Grouping up shouldn't generator more points, as a solo survivor actually doing more work than 2 people would actually get penalized with less points even tho he spent more time repairing, which is stupid.
    Evader : Fine as it is considering the genrush meta going on. It makes people to want to take risks and evaluate, which is a good thing. Unless you want even more gen rushing that is.

Malicious: Switching one emblem for another makes no sense. Since a perfect play requires 3 emblems to be iridiscent and the last one gold. All emblems should be equally easy or hard to obtain.
    Right now the easiest way to pip is to tunnel and to camp. Both things are considered unfun.

Lightbringer: right now working together on a gen gives bonus BPs but fewer Emblem points. That´s not intuitive at all. Since the additional points suggest that the players are doing the right thing to get the emblem, while they do the exact opposite

Evader: what has being rewarded for playing stealthy to do with gen rush?
    The only way to have even more gen rushing, would be to bring 4 toolboxes + BNP.
    But the time it takes right now to do all 5 gens is simply to short.

• Runiver

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

Malicious: Switching one emblem for another makes no sense. Since a perfect play requires 3 emblems to be iridiscent and the last one gold. All emblems should be equally easy or hard to obtain.
    Right now the easiest way to pip is to tunnel and to camp. Both things are considered unfun.

Lightbringer: right now working together on a gen gives bonus BPs but fewer Emblem points. That´s not intuitive at all. Since the additional points suggest that the players are doing the right thing to get the emblem, while they do the exact opposite

The only way to have even more gen rushing, would be to bring 4 toolboxes + BNP.

Malicious : Hard to tell, some killers are better at chasing than others, so that statement is weird to begin with.

Lightbringer : I don't mind if it's not intuitive. You shouldn't penalize people that repair solo over ppl that repair as a group.

Evader : it's pretty simple, it will allow super quick rounds (aka BNPs, and strong toolboxes) to borderline double pip with 0 efforts, which is the opposite of what devs actually wanted doing this emblem, since they want to reward interactions with the killer, where the actual skill matters (and you can stealth while interacting with the killer, and that's why it rewards points to be in the TR), not to give Iri emblems to that guy that did stand at the opposite of the map the whole round because one guy of his team is able to loop for 5mins, and will very likely depip from that, which would make 0 sense.

• Tsulan

@Runiver said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

Malicious : Hard to tell, some killers are better at chasing than others, so that statement is weird to begin with.

Lightbringer : I don't mind if it's not intuitive. You shouldn't penalize people that repair solo over ppl that repair as a group.

Evader : it's pretty simple, it will allow super quick rounds (aka BNPs, and strong toolboxes) to borderline double pip with 0 efforts, which is the opposite of what devs actually wanted doing this emblem, since they want to reward interactions with the killer, where the actual skill matters (and you can stealth while interacting with the killer, and that's why it rewards points to be in the TR), not to give Iri emblems to that guy that did stand at the opposite of the map the whole round because one guy of his team is able to loop for 5mins, and will very likely depip from that, which would make 0 sense.

Chaser: With the current system. A chase is considered over, even if the killer sees the survivor and is running in the direction of the survivor. Slower killers, or those that rely on traps or stalk are penalized. A survivor who steps into a beartrap doesn´t get the killer chase points.

Lightbringer: it´s not penalizing. Right now, survivors which work together on a gen are penalized. This makes no sense. Working as a team is penalized. It shouldn´t be like this.

Evader: but that´s exactly what the name implies. The survivor avoided all contact with the killer. He evaded him. Right now the emblem should be renamed to "looper" because that playstyle gets the most points in this emblem. The guy who looped the killer for 5 minutes gets way more points than the guy who evaded the killer. Maybe increase the radius to make it count, or increase the numbers. But i don´t want to run behind the killer, in the hope to get some evader points. Because then i´m searching the confrontation instead of evading.

• Runiver

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

Chaser: With the current system. A chase is considered over, even if the killer sees the survivor and is running in the direction of the survivor. Slower killers, or those that rely on traps or stalk are penalized. A survivor who steps into a beartrap doesn´t get the killer chase points.

Lightbringer: it´s not penalizing. Right now, survivors which work together on a gen are penalized. This makes no sense. Working as a team is penalized. It shouldn´t be like this.

Evader: but that´s exactly what the name implies. The survivor avoided all contact with the killer. He evaded him. Right now the emblem should be renamed to "looper" because that playstyle gets the most points in this emblem. The guy who looped the killer for 5 minutes gets way more points than the guy who evaded the killer. Maybe increase the radius to make it count, or increase the numbers. But i don´t want to run behind the killer, in the hope to get some evader points. Because then i´m searching the confrontation instead of evading.

Chaser : this is simply not true, for a simple reason : if you down someone after "losing him" and "finding him again", you get more chaser points than if you get a consistent chase of "90s" since you do not mecanically "drop the chase".
    A chase less than 15s is 90 points, which is way more than a chase of 45s+, so this part is actually beneficial to killers. I agree with traps tho.

Lightbringer : atm, survivors which work together do have a 10% malus in repair speed, which is negigible (and compensated by the BP), if you make the double repair to give bonuses, you'll penalize solo player over a 80+% ratio, which is definitely unfair since they do the exact same work.

Evader : it's simply not what devs want. You can either survive and hide and not take the risk, and in this case, you get higher survival but less emblems, or take actual risks and try to do stuff related to the killer, which can provide more BP and more emblems, especially, which is fine to me.

• Tsulan

@Runiver said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

Chaser : this is simply not true, for a simple reason : if you down someone after "losing him" and "finding him again", you get more chaser points than if you get a consistent chase of "90s" since you do not mecanically "drop the chase".
    A chase less than 15s is 90 points, which is way more than a chase of 45s+, so this part is actually beneficial to killers. I agree with traps tho.

Lightbringer : atm, survivors which work together do have a 10% malus in repair speed, which is negigible (and compensated by the BP), if you make the double repair to give bonuses, you'll penalize solo player over a 80+% ratio, which is definitely unfair since they do the exact same work.

Evader : it's simply not what devs want. You can either survive and hide and not take the risk, and in this case, you get higher survival but less emblems, or take actual risks and try to do stuff related to the killer, which can provide more BP and more emblems, especially, which is fine to me.

Here you go, a video of Marth88 doing a perfect game, but he gets penalized for his chases.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMoABxTnbx0

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited June 2018
    Another problem with Malicious is that in order to get Iridescent, you have to LET the Survivors get saves and heals, which is the exact opposite of what the Emblem tells you to do. You’re punished for being good at the game, which makes zero sense. Preventing Survivors from being altruistic is far from easy, and if that happens, then I deserve Iridescent. The easiest way to fix this would be to lower the point requirement for Iridescent. 
  • Tsulan

@SnakeSound222 said:
    Another problem with Malicious is that in order to get Iridescent, you have to LET the Survivors get saves and heals, which is the exact opposite of what the Emblem tells you to do. You’re punished for being good at the game, which makes zero sense. Preventing Survivors from being altruistic is far from easy, and if that happens, then I deserve Iridescent. The easiest way to fix this would be to lower the point requirement for Iridescent. 

They need to rework the requirements. Since every killer plays different. Unless they really only want 1 killer at high ranks.

• Runiver

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

Here you go, a video of Marth88 doing a perfect game, but he gets penalized for his chases.

"Wow, a single pip instead of a double pip"
    Sorry but it's getting a bit pushy right there.
    Especially considering how irrelevant ranks are.

• Tsulan

@Runiver said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

Its not about the double pip. Its about the emblem.
    But you´re right, why pip anyway, since ranks don´t matter.

• Runiver

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

Its not about the double pip. Its about the emblem.
    But you´re right, why pip anyway, since ranks don´t matter.

Welp, what I see is, chaser, in some rare cases, can prove less rewarding (tho you still usually get very rewarded in other categories). I'm a billy player, I usually get silver chaser at most rounds, and I find it rather sufficient compared to the chasing I actually have to do when I play other killers, while I just insta-down people with him.
    I can understand tho, that it could prove somewhat problematic with characters like leatherface since he's rather weak, and the odds are stacking against him, but still, giving rewards for a double hit because of a one shot would be really rewarding for things such as NOED and such, and could allow easy pip to facecampers into noed.

You could, of course, apply the distinction between powers and NOED, but the lack of consistency could prove weird

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@aufovsky said:

Unbroken is okay

Farming should not be encouraged