Would you like an offline mode?

So in FT13 they implemented an offline mode where you could only play as Jason and the counsellors were NPC. I’ve played this mode before and I honestly couldn’t tell much of a difference between the NPC and real players. Would you like something like this for DBD? I personally would. Especially when I just want to practise how a killer works without completely throwing the match.

For killers like Nurse, this would be extremely useful. Just being able to blink around the maps and get a feel for how she works would be great.

Comments

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

No because this game is too complicated. Those NPC would just be programed to play a certain way. It would not be like playing a live match, since everyone plays differently in this game. Some people pull out extreme moves out of no one. An NPC would just be like playing against a rank 20.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,573

Yes, especially if they allowed us to customize the ######### out of it. 

• Bangarang
    Bangarang Member Posts: 352

I never said it would be like playing a live match. The whole point of it is to be able to practise using the killers power without having to also focus on stopping generators being fixed etc.

I know for a fact this would have helped me out when I was learning Nurse as I had to throw games to learn how to use her blinks, which can’t have been fun for the people I was against as I wasn’t hooking anybody I downed as I was just trying to work out how far she can and can’t blink and how long you have to hold the charge for etc.

• Bangarang

I don’t think it’d be perfect. But I wouldn’t expect them to put up a strong fight lol. I’d mostly like it just to learn how to play with certain killers. Trickster, for example. It would have been nice to have been able to play against NPCs at first because I’ve noticed that on console (not sure about PC) you almost have to aim downwards for the knives to connect. Whereas I wasn’t doing this in my first few matches and kept missing so much. 😂

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943

yes

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

I mean you can practice with friends. Anyway the only way to get better with killers is to play vs real people. As with NPC you are going to be playing against people that are programed to play a certain way. Won't make sense to learn abilities on bots. As you can learn the abilities from those offline version, but the tactics you use won't work with real humans.

• Bangarang

And if you don’t have friends that play this game? 🤷🏼‍♂️

It’s not about getting GOOD with the killers, it’s about learning how their power works. I’ve already listed Nurse and Trickster as examples. The only way to know how / where Nurse can blink to during a game is to actually practise it. The problem with doing this during a real match is that you’re not really participating because all you’re doing is practising blinks. Which results in a very boring match for the survivors as they just have to do generators and leave whilst having little to no interaction with the killer.

I never said the offline mode was for getting good at a killer or to learn tactics. It’s solely to just get comfortable with how that killer operates. Then once you’re comfortable you can go against real survivors and learn different techniques.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yes. Even if it's just to practice game mechanics.

• beached
    beached Member Posts: 303

This game has way to much RNG and factors to be able to properly create NPC’s in my own opinion. After playing mobile for a short period of time the bots on there that took over after a player DC’d were... not great. I guess having the option would be nice just to practice looping but a bot is going to behave a lot differently than a player.

• wildtrapjake
    wildtrapjake Member Posts: 68

Yes. Ai is a must, and peer to peer kill your friends is a must.

That way dbd can still be played once it's popularity ends.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965

KYF should have a training mode just like in dbd mobile tbh

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,956

Yes the ability to practice would help the community a lot.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Remember lads, the mobile version of the game has bots for survivors and killers.

• TheFireVVolf
    TheFireVVolf Member Posts: 57

I think it would be fine with killer only or survivor only. I wanna explore the maps, find totem spots or sites where I can dash with Pig.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Yes very much so.

I think its totally doable.

F13 offline mode is often more enjoyable than the main game simply by how buggy and dated it is.

DBD could easily have a custom game mode that featured bots.

The way to minimize the cut to online players would be that custom AI games would only have what you've unlocked available for play, this includes perks, characters etc. There is no earning of bloodpoints or rank etc.

Its purely game access based off your character save file.

You set killer or survivor AI difficulty or maybe personality bold/fearful, aggressive/defensive etc and then play.

If you want to earn rank, BP's, shards or items you gotta get online. You want to try a new killer you just bought or a meme build or just muck about then offline mode is available.

So many online multiplayer games have this element, it never replaces the challenge of PvP, but its often fun and good practice.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Absolutely i would want that!

Idc how inferior the AI would be to the real deal, at least i can add another singleplayer game to enjoy. (Context: I much more prefer singleplayer games, DbD is an exception.)

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Yes I would very much like to be able to play custom match as a single person and have option to add bots.

Great for new players to test the water and for old players to improve at some techs etc.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

We don't even need bots honestly. Just having an AFK Dwight/Trapper on the map of our choice would be very helpful.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 571

I wouldn't care for having bots. I'd just like to be able to load up a map by myself to practice tricky fast window vaults and/or test killer powers in specific areas.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

They tried making competent A.I. but the killers kept staying near hooks and survivors wouldn't stop running in circles and crouching.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

stacking AI on top of the absolute mess that is this game's code is a recipe for disaster, as nice as it would be, it's inconceivable until the spaghetti get's untangled a bit

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Anyone saying this can't be done should try Training Mode on DBD Mobile. Is it perfect? No, but it's adequate and it's enough if you want to learn a killer's power or if you just want to blow off steam without worrying about playing good or fair or whatever.

Yes this should absolutely be a part of the main game.

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517

Dude, I would kill for this. Comp stomping would help much of the playerbase blow off steam after a bad match, rather than bringing OP stuff into the next match

The bare minimum they should do is at least have a killer training area with no bots so you can practice killer powers. There's no way that could cause any problems. Empty map, just the killer running around practicing. But if mobile can make it work decently with bots, why can't the main game do it too?

• SammiieK1991
    SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

Offline? To practice?

But isn't this what the tutorials for? 🤔I do feel like they need a practice run for anyone who struggles with skill checks. Seriously the amount of times I've been working on a gen and here comes captain clumsy at the gen and blows it up giving us away 🙄🤦‍♀️