If Victor is just a power, why can he be blinded by flashlights?!

Options

If he is exempt of gaining benefit from a large number of killer perks because HE is not the killer, Charlotte is, then why can he be affected by flashlights?!

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,538
    Options

I thought the devs have confirmed Victor is not just a power, he has features of both killer and killers power. Doesn’t mean he is supposed to get all benefits (and downsides) from both sides.

• CeboLord
    CeboLord Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Victor need nerf, I can't give it a bicudo

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

I don't even care about that i want chase points while being chased by victor, it's so stupid that the event isn't registered because it's "the power" and not "the killer"

• Baby_Victor
    Baby_Victor Member Posts: 486
    Options

Yeah, I was shocked the first time I was blinded as Victor (while using Lightborn) too. Not sure why my brain was convinced that lightborn would be shared, despite so many other perks not working on Victor, but I did.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    Options

If phasing is just a power, how come flashlights cause the husk to disappear?

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    Options

You gotta love how the Twins are one of three killers whose powers are actively detrimental to them, the other two being Trickster and Trapper, the worst killers in the game.

Victor is just an M1 killer but somehow weaker. Charlotte is literally just an M1 killer. The only thing they can really do that no other killer can do (and do better) is bodyblock.

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848
    Options

I play as the twins and these people actually try to go around thinking they are the spotlight of crushing victor. Just turn your sensitivity up πŸ˜€

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Options

I think the real question we should be asking here is how are you even being blinded in the first place?

You're playing Victor... He's 5x faster then survivors?

• Progamer888
    Progamer888 Member Posts: 230
    Options

Dude the twins can be quite insane with someone that's good, Viktor it's fast as #########, and can down multiple people. Trickster guarantee a down in short loop. How the trapper power hurt him? In the worst case scenario, it's not that useful, but hurting him? Feels strange to me

• burntFuse
    burntFuse Member Posts: 290
    Options

I have no idea why you'd think this is is a good argument to make him immune to blinds.

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    Options

It takes months to become even close to functional as Twins, and they're getting nerfed soon. Pretty much only the scummiest tactics available actually work on Twins. Victor's pounce is too hard to actually hit a survivor with unless you're at point blank range, and even if you hit, you get significantly less reward for it than just M1ing the survivor. Plus, Victor can be taken out extraordinarily easily. There's a reason that everyone was impressed when ClownIsKing came up with a valid strategy for them other than camping, tunneling and slugging.

Trickster is overwhelming in one specific situation, worthless in pretty much all others. The fact that he needs to be at close range, moves at 110%, and his power slows him down functionally makes him a particularly bad M1 killer in most scenarios. He's either garbage or beyond god tier in any given scenario, with nothing in between. There's a reason no one likes to play as him or against him.

Trapper basically throws the early game in order to collect and set up traps that barely work and can be disabled and/or escaped from in seconds with no consequences unless the Trapper is running Bloody Coil. Plus, he relies entirely on survivors being absolute potatoes to even fall into his traps. If anything, its more likely for HIM to step in a bear trap than the survivors, and that basically pallet stuns him. There's a reason he's universally agreed to be the worst killer in the game.

Have you even played killer? Or even survivor, for that matter?

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Who says powers can't be blinded. For all you know you can blind a huntress hatchet midflight.

On a serious note yes Victor should benifit from lightborn and shadowborn too for that matter

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,178
    Options

Hag's trap blinded by flash light too...Also Wraith cloaked & Nurse blinking

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

But Pyramid Head and Demo don't have any eyes and get blinded anyway πŸ‘€

• Progamer888
    Options

A good twins deny loop really easily, you vault a window, a good Viktor will hit you, once you get the snowball rolling, the twins become the most oppressive killer in the game, the power that they have, do everything expect actually hinder them (unless you use it badly, and then every killer power if used badly don't help you) if you injured two person with Charlotte, and your good with Viktor, this are two down, even back to back, and survivor that from healthy become injured, they can be punished easily, but that's pretty much every killer.

The trickster will get a down as long as he have line of sight, when stuff it's putted between you and the killer it's extremely hard for him to get more that one or two knife, but that still pretty helpful, a good trickster will probably get a down in 90% of the situation, sure, they will get age to do so, but they will, so again his power don't hinder him his power have a lot of problem, but those help him.

For trapper, well, it depends, if it's a good map for the trapper, than it become kinda problematic to deal with him, and his power can be used in chases, you set down a trap at a pallet, and that pallet its gone until the trap it's up, or you can fake it and catch up to the survivor, plus if you do know where's the strongest tile, he can shut them completely, his problem it's having a lot of counter, dead hard, maps, detective hunch, small game for now (but it will get change so it will not count), being add on reliant, you need to at least use a yellow bag to do good with him.

No killer get hindred by his power, surely, there's some power that are worst than others, the only thing that was close at being bad for the killer, was Ghostface in ptb, and not because it was hurting him, but because he was literally a trapper without trap.

And also saying "do you play any killer? Or survivor for that matter?" it's really a childish way for an argument, you was going to be more mature without that, not like a care what a stranger in the internet say, but that was stupid and not necessary in my opinion, but do whatever you want.

• Progamer888
    Options

Nah, they're quite good if you onor what your doing, the amount of slugging potential that Viktor have its kinda ridiculous, of course it require Charlotte to injure someone first, but the first hit it always the easier part, getting a down its the harder part which Viktor do incredibly good.

• Progamer888
    Options

If that's your opinion, hope for you to go against some good twins, some really good twins, so you will know what they can do.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

Ah yes, time for my daily dose of TheClownIsKing rants.

Real talk, yeah it's dumb that Victor can be blinded.

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032
    Options

Babies are light sensitive.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921
    Options

I think Victor should trigger things like Spine Chill and be revealed by aura perks like Kindred and Alert. As the devs have stated, he is not a power, so technically these should apply, and I think it would be really cool if they did.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687
    Options

Dunno but my most golden dbd moment by far as been switching back to Victor as this Zarina was blinding him, charged a pounce and got her anyway. Blinding victor is dumb and shouldn't be a thing honestly.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Flashlights remove Hag traps, burn away Wraith invisibility, force Nurse into fatigue when charging blink, cancel Legion Feral Frenzy, and removes Spirits husk while phasing. Victor is just another killer power that can be countered by flashlights.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Seems a fair trade off for them being able to see in the first place lol