Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I think my game is slow.

Zozzy
Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

So.. when i attack someone with a hatchet while they are saving someone, i can't hit them or grab them until the save is complete.

When i play survivor on the other hand... they are able to just hatchet and then grab me off the hook.

When i play killer, it takes ages to catch up to survivors and they are able to reach loops that they shouldn't, or get some extreme value out of the shack or jungle gyms

When i play survivor i do the exact same things. hug the walls wait at the corners for the red glow etc. but they catch up so fast that the things survivors do against me, i don't have enough time to do myself?!?!?!

is low ping really that much of a detriment and should i look into using a vpn or something?

Comments

• dbdgamer123
    dbdgamer123 Member Posts: 104

It's just something you're imagining. Your game is running as it should. I guees you're playing a slow killer (like hag, trickster or huntress), which will make you feel way slower than a killer like trapper. VPN won't change your movement speed, only the latency which ur pc receives packages from the server, and to the server. It will actually make u play worse, since hit validation will cancel ur hits, because on the server, you're much behind. On your screen, the hit would look right, but on the server, you're many meters away from hitting the survivor, and because of that, it should be cancelled. On the other hand, sometimes ur hits will go though, and make a very unfair hit on the server (and survivors screens), which is why many don't like VPNs. It's just stupid to use and there's way more disadvantages than advantages.

Also, there's a thing called bloodlust which increases the killers movement speed while chasing survivors for a long time.

• dbdgamer123

And for the huntress hatchet grab thing, there's addons that reduces cooldown after hatchet throws. And the killer is probably experienced.

• dbdgamer123

It might have something to do with your ping. I would say if it's above 80 ms, weird hits and so will begin to happen often. Cuz remember, the real latency is your ping + the survivor/killer ping, since killer hit's are done on the killer client, not on the server, so the killer client has to send the packages to the server, and then the server have to send it to the survivors.

Also, make sure your game is at least running 60 fps all the time. The server tickrate is 60 tps, so you might get delayed packaged or they might be completely deleted if your fps is under 60.