Name a killer that Ruin is bad on

Options

It feels like a universally good perk; change my mind

Comments

• GodLikeTerror
    GodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

You are wrong though about ruin on Trickster. It's one of his best perks. I get so much value out of it on him more than any other killer. Maybe not blight and stuff though, but it's still extremely good on him.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,532
    Options

If you can win on Trickster by sheer map pressure without three genning, make a guide or something.

I play him as an off-brand stealth killer that can occasionally get cool hits with his power

• GodLikeTerror
    edited April 2021
    Options

I'm actually working on a guide right now for him. I guess it's kind of a guide, and kind of not. More informative. I usually end most games at 2-5 gens left. I had to delay it for a bit, because I got ill, but I am feeling better now.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,532
    edited April 2021
    Options

I would be really interested to read it. I haven't been able to find the right balance with him.

My current build that I have some degree of success with is Monitor, Pop, Corrupt and BBQ. But I'm not entirely happy with it

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

all of the killers that are too slow to push survivors off gens consistently

• GodLikeTerror
    edited April 2021
    Options

It's gonna be a video just showcasing myself going to a bunch of maps. I did a few games already even when I was sick, but the commentary kind of sucked, because my voice is still bit a clogged up. I sent myself to the game map and both games I tried they both ended at 5 gens. 1 time for fractured ended at 4 gens, but that's like usually kind of average for me, but I kind of want to redo the rounds with a more clearer voice. So I'm going to be working on that tonight. The build I use is Corrupt, BBQ, Ruin, Shadowborn. Very very efficient build on him. I get map pressure rolling super hard on him pretty easily. He isn't the hardest killer to play, but he does take quite a bit of skill in order to get him down right. I've played way too much. Right now I'm #4 for lacerations on pc I think at like 3720 laceration full damage. So I've played him way too much the last few weeks. Not as much as the other 3 people, but I don't think they plan on making any guides at least in English, as they are in foreign countries. So I'm willing to do it, but they know how to play him extremely well too. The top guy streams sometimes on youtube.

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583
    Options

Any slow killer really, as they don't have the pressure to get survs off gens, making it useless.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,098
    Options

I wouldn't say there's a killer Ruin is bad on, but there are killers that struggle to get good value from the perk if it gets cleansed early.

But if left active the entire game, there's not really a killer who can't get good value from the perk.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

Trapper and Hag.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

true.

As trapper and hag, you are going to want to be setting up your traps for a good portion of the game, ruin is only good on the killers who are constantly moving around and scaring survivors off of gens.

• WishIcouldmain
    edited April 2021
    Options

Always thought the slow ones were weak with Ruin. And better with Pop.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Trickster. No mobility, no range.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

pop is damn terrible on slow killers. You have no time kicking gens if you see a survivor. You have to chase or he's gone forever after you pop a gen

• WishIcouldmain
    edited April 2021
    Options

Slow killers are weaker and more likely to finally get going in the late game with gens close. And Pop is effective being used defensively. Ruin is for Blight or Hillbilly not Michael or Hag.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

Slower doesn't mean weaker. Try to stop kicking gens and chase survivors

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508
    Options

Killers that only have chase powers. If they have a power that A. Lets them move quickly B. Have a power that gets survivors to stop what they're doing, ruin shows its value. Or, rather, ruin undying does. For any other killer, ruin pop is one of the ways to go so early and mid-late game regression has its basis covered. Ruin by itself is terrible on killers like Huntress, Deathslinger, Trickster, and the like. Ruin is definitely not worth it on killers that require setup. Other than that, corrupt pop is an option.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

Ruin is never a "bad" perk for any killer, but as others have already said, there are some killers who beneft from it more than others.

I run Ruin with almost every killer, even ones that don't have a lot of map mobility, simply because I think it potentially provides the most value to regress gens -- a must in so many matches. The exceptions are when I play Trapper or Hag -- both of those will be using enough time setting up their territory that Corrupt/Pop are better options than Ruin for them, IMO.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

It's depending, if you have low map mobility, but end chases relatively quick they'll be too busy healing & rescuing to look for the totem. That being said the worst are Pig, Trapper, & Demo.

• kyogul
    kyogul Member Posts: 491
    Options

I think there's a difference between it being inefficient/not as useful on compared to other killers, as opposed to bad.

I think Ruin is a universally good perk. It's better on some than others but it's not like it's an outright bad perk on anyone.

For example, STBFL is outright a bad perk for Nurse. She basically cannot utilise it in any manner, particularly with her power.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Trapper, Huntress, Hag, Deathslinger, Pyramid Head.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
    Options

I thought myers would be good because survivors hop off gens just by me staring at them

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    Options

Hag, Huntress, Trapper, Bubba, Clown, Deathslinger, Trickster, etc.

Hag and Trapper are based on setup. They won't be applying much map pressure, especially at the beginning. Huntress and Bubba can't get much map pressure either; they're based around getting downs quickly. If they're grouped up or you chase a survivor off of a generator that's near completion, sure, you'll get value, but it's not the most efficient way to use ruin and it's better to run pop, in that case. Same thing with Clown and Deathslinger. They're meant to end chases quickly, so you'd be better off running pop. Trickster is just too weak to apply map pressure or end chases quickly.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,895
    Options

Its pretty decent on Myers, especially if they're afraid of being stalked too much. If they changed Myers back that he could stalk multiple survivors at the same time(and instead give Fragrant Tuft the limitation of only being able to stalk 1 survivor at the time), Ruin would be insane on Myers.

Point being, Ruin isnt really bad on Myers as long as it stands. It's only worse than Pop because more likely than not, Ruin gets cleansed before you reach T3.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

I'd say Clown. He needs to focus too much on individual survivors to be able to pressure gens.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,000
    Options

Any low mobility killer. So if they don't have a dash, or a teleport, they can't pressure gens as effectively and if they're engaged on one side of the map, survivors on the other side are free to commit to gens without any worries.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

Clown

Deathslinger

Huntress

Trickster

Twins

Pyramid head

Leatherface

Myers

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Ez question, trapper unless corrupt/ruin and possibly undying.

He does not benefit from ruin that much unlike any other killer since he is a set up killer.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,044
    Options

Eh, I'd argue PH can use Ruin pretty well - or rather, it's the only slowdown perk he can use. Pop isn't worth running on him due to the cages, surge isn't worth running due to a lot of your downs coming from POTD, Oppression isn't worth running because it's Oppression, etc. With Ruin, you can immediately get back to pressuring gens after caging somebody without letting them work on gens uninterrupted as you hook.

Then again, I actually like to use cages on him instead of playing him as Punishment of the Damned man, so maybe Pop is better otherwise.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

Myers trapper if he dosent spawn on it deathslinger that's about it I feel like

• alex9er
    alex9er Member Posts: 96
    Options

It's pointless on hag

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

killers with weak map pressure cuz you cant kick survivors off gens that much. im talking about killers like trickster, deathslinger, myers (idk about him), bubba, wraith and clown

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

All of them if survivors know totem spawns.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Any killer that is slow moving or has to focus on an individual Survivor. Trickster is a prime example.

Ruin is only effective against a single survivor at a time as it only affects the gen you chase them off of. You need the ability to quickly down or lingering effects so that switching targets is not a wasted Chase.

• n0suchluck
    n0suchluck Member Posts: 35
    Options

I'm actually starting to hate Ruin. Either I'm extremely unlucky with where it spawns or my competition is amazing at finding it within 90s of the start of the game. Funny thing is, when I'm a survivor it seems to last at least half the match because neither me or the other players can find it

• kyogul
    kyogul Member Posts: 491
    Options
  • PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

Pig.....there are times when I really need you to activate my helmet....