What killers to buy?

Options
sleepywynd
sleepywynd Member Posts: 118
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

So I'm relatively new to the game, probably a little over a hundred hours of playtime, and I own all the normal killers + hag and doctor (cause console). Anyways, I'm wondering if it's worth it to wait for a perk like tinkerer, pop, or other solid killer perks to go into the shrine. If not, which killers should I buy first? I was thinking Oni or Plague, but I'm still a bit lost.

Who do you think should be the first killers bought? Or should I just wait for good perks in the shrine?

Comments

• notlonely
    notlonely Member Posts: 391
    Options

Talking about perks I'd say Plague and Clown. Jane is also a really good survivor (totally not biased because I main her) but if you buy Clown with shards that's good too since Kate's perks are questionable. Besides these two, I think Hag and Nurse have strong perks too and if you have them both try upgrading them.

• sleepywynd
    sleepywynd Member Posts: 118
    Options
  • Sup3rCatTree
    Sup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588
    Options

Daddy Trickster

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Tinkerer you can get that by leveling up hillbilly.

Clown and Legion

• n0suchluck
    n0suchluck Member Posts: 35
    Options

If buying a killer for perks:

1-Leatherface for bbq&chili

2-Clown

3-Plague

Buying to main a killer? Personal preference and playstyle. Look up videos of the killers you're interested in and go from there

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

Waiting for good perks to show up in the Shrine is a complete gamble, especially with SO many perks available now (and even more to come). BBQ & Chili, for example, has shown up once in the Shrine since the start of 2020, almost a year and a half.

If you don't own Leatherface and you're new to the game, buy him simply to get access to BBQ. The BP bonuses you'll get make the perk a must have to reduce the grind on any killer (or survivor) you want to level up. Running BBQ is almost a necessity every match when you play killer in the early stages to allow you to get perks you'll need, at least until you have more time in the game.

I would suggest Plague out of all of the other killers. Corrupt is a solid early-game slowdown perk to keep generators from going too fast, Infectious Fright is a great perk on many killers, and even Dark Devotion has its niche uses. Plague is an underrated killer as well -- difficult to play at times (her vomit can be erratic to use at times), but she's fun, and if you can master her, very good, at least against mid-rank survivors and below. Clown gets you Pop Goes The Weasel, which is also a key gen slowdown perk, and Bamboozle has its uses with certain killers as well (Myers and Leatherface in particular).

I definitely would NOT wait out the Shrine. You could be waiting a LONG time for the perks you need.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Id say bubba is the best to get first because of bbq. It really cuts down on the grind.

Plague or clown for corrupt intervention or pop goes the weasel for gen slow downs.

After that it depends on which killer you play. Do not depend too much on the shrine. It would be better to save up shards to unlock a non licensed killer.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,225
    Options

Leatherface. DBD has an insane grind, and BBQ can cut it by half. It will help you a lot.

• GodLikeTerror
    GodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

Bubba, Plague is your choice to go in my opinion. Don't waste time buying Clown unless you want to actually play him, and yes I'm saying this as a clown main, Clowns perks are doo doo for the most part, and pop is a waste of time the vast majority of the time. Run ruin instead.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Given the grind I'd also say Leatherface.

BBQ & Chilli is a mad perk for getting through your bloodweb and is just good tracking too, as a bonus.

Also he's a generally fun killer just to run around with.