What are your feelings on window hits?

stvnhthr
stvnhthr Member Posts: 777

Do you think they are fine or need improvement. I'm cool with hits in or before you clear a window, but I think once you clear the window, land and start running that you should be far enough to be safe. I mean the killer does not cross the window plane with their weapon so technically they are still in the building and it looks weird to get hit when you are 5 feet away with open space between you and the killer.

Or do you think the current windows are good.

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I’ve had no major issues with them

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

Windows are fine. The only true issue with them is lag causing a hit from visually further away than usual, but that is out of anyone’s control. Latency is a given in every single multiplayer game and you can’t eliminate it no matter how good your servers or hit validation are.

What I would change however is the conditions to fast vault again. Windows that shouldn’t be fast vaultable are with certain “””””tech””””” and it isn’t good. I don’t know if BHVR are already changing it with the 4.7 patch but it does need to be changed so edge cases using “kek tech” are cleared up.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    edited April 2021

I need consistency with the hits.

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811

It's PERFECT, really. They're so great that I remember sometimes I'm so impressed that some hits don't land when I think they should've, with my weapon touching the Survivor pratically.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Honestly, they are far better than what they used to be. It could still use work (just latency in general), but it is fine most of the time.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

They’re fine. Weird hits are just lag.

• HuDawg
    HuDawg Member Posts: 312
    edited April 2021

They should rework it they should make it where more than 50% of you is outside while vaulting the window you dont get hit. if you are at just 50% then it has a 50-50% chance of a hit. but if your only 40% of you vaulting the window then you should take a hit.

• stvnhthr

So from the picture, you who think they are okay, would say, "That looks about right, 5 feet from the window is the proper reach for the killer's weapon"? I'm thinking that once your butt is over the window sill that a window should be treated like a wall. At a minimum I would like to see if you land on the ground you are safe. But windows are better than they once were.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 572

The inconsistency due to latency drives me nuts, same with pallet hits. Especially since you have no way to see the killer's ping.

When both sides have good connections I have no problems with the way it's designed and balanced atm.

• Mysterynovus
    Mysterynovus Member Posts: 318

If I'm hit right before or during the vault on the window, then that's fair. It's only when the latency is utter shite that I get hit two meters after the vault that I think it's bullshit. But that's due to the fractured nature of the netcode, not the players.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

they are fine, you got to remember that the killer m1 in general effects anyone right on the other side of the window that's how deathslinger is able to hit people through windows. The problem is latency on your screen you'll already be clear and shouldn't be able to be hit but according to the killers screen you wont be, and 9 times out of 10 the game favors kilers

• OhMissSully
    OhMissSully Member Posts: 19

Eh, window hits can be advantageous both ways, there are sometimes hits connect and I'm like 'how?' and other times I'm like "how did it not?" while playing both Killer and Survivor. I don't think it should be a "wall" at the....well wall, because if you were both standing on either side of a window in real life, they could hit you at arm's length. Really I just get most aggravated by the game proccing Lithe even when I get hit fairly through the window. I wish they would tweak it slightly so that it doesn't truly trigger until you've landed both feet on the ground and started moving again. I'd rather be on the ground and not exhausted, then be on the ground as my exhaustion icon pops up. The timing on it now makes me feel like I'm running Dead Hard 😬

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481

The main issues I have with windows is how auto-aim screws over killers at them.

Otherwise they are great. You need to maintain a pretty respectable minimum distance at a window as a survivor to actually block a hit with it, otherwise it forces the hit to happen and you are only getting a minor distance increase from the vault.

If windows blocked hits more than they do now a lot of loops become unmindgameable and the game would suck ass. Its like old vacuum pallets but in theory infinite on some tile setups. So absolutely no to any sort of window hit nerf, that would be like a reversion to the 1.0 days when farm was like 90% infinites.

• SammiieK1991
    SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

The windows are fine unless youre up against Huntress. 🤣 she's insane... cant tell you how many times I've jumped the window but still had a hatchet to the head going through it 😂

Learn to duck. 😐

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 324

I've gotten completely ridiculous hits and I also have been on the receiving end. It's mostly latency or ping that's causing the visual to not match up. I have gotten hits that looked normal on my end but looked unfair for the survivor. But I also gotten away as survior while I feel it should have hit. It's what it is. When I play across continents it's the worst. EU vs NA means the killer is way closer than they appear.

• stvnhthr

The thing is with every game Survivors have to figure out the degree of latency. The easiest way is with skillchecks. Every time you play you have to do a few skill checks to figure out how bad the latency is. Example: I hit my key does the skill check meter register it instantly (hardly ever), or is there a half second delay before it registers or closer to a whole second before it registers. If players have to adjust their playing strategy every game why is it not possible for the game to take this into account? For instance with bad ping the game would take that into account and adjust hitboxes around windows and pallets.

• Killerdonut80
    Killerdonut80 Member Posts: 87

I agree with you, don’t like it. Happens with pallets too, it fully drops and yet the hit somehow gets registered.

Anyone that’s against them touching it clearly only plays killer.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

The problem is when you’re falling from a high place. Then, there’s always a hit

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

The picture alone shows all the problems with windows. Anyone saying they're fine is just lying.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

would it be nice if they were improved? Yes

Do I think it's ever going to be in a state where everybody is happy? Nope

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

This mostly is caused by bad ping.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Awesome clownisking got banned? :( I think he was the last major clown poster

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Window hits typically feel good but some feel questionable honestly

• PigsEatBacon
    PigsEatBacon Member Posts: 53

I think a lot of them are okay, but some are absolutely bs. I will be fully out the window after FAST vaulting and still get hit occasionally.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,120

I see them the same way I see hatchet hits. They can look wonky at times, but you should know by now how greedy you can be at windows and still not get hit. Surprise hits are either just on the tip of the killer's hitbox or you were just being greedy.

• BananaBlooD95
    BananaBlooD95 Member Posts: 555

I might be wrong but I think that happen most often then not when your ping is at 75ms or more.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

By the picture, could be debatable, but I'm not sure how you got incapacitated. If it's scenario one, you got hit and collapsed forward like you normally do when getting hit from behind, that's kinda questionable.

• stvnhthr

I fast vaulted the window and landed running. It was a second after I started running that the killer swung in the shack and I went down.

• Starshadw
    Starshadw Member Posts: 266

Vault locations are one place where the utterly screwed up hitboxes and hit validation become VERY apparent.