How many characters have you unlocked with shards?

Options

Personally I have bought all the characters because I usually just spend shards on the shrine and the occasional cosmetic.

I'm curious how many people are patient enough to save 9k shards for new characters. I think the most I ever saved was 6-7k then said "######### it."

Comments

• DerZuntor
    DerZuntor Member Posts: 293
    Options

Plague, Oni, Doctor and Hag

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

From what I recall I have bought Jeff, Adam, elodie, twins and gun Jin with shards.

I have bought a lot of cosmetics with shards though

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Most of them. The thing is, i dont even know what else to do with the shards, i currently have a little more than 100k of them.

But i usually dont care about killer cosmetics, since you can´t the them yourself anyway, and the only interesting cosmetics for the survivors i play i either already got or are not availible with shards.

But i cant even give them away. I would like to be able to award some shards to killers and survivors after the game (only players you are not in an swf with together).

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    edited April 2021
    Options

Only one I bought with shards was Spirit. Everyone else I spent their DLCs. I used shards one time in the shrine for bbq and have used many shards for cosmetics.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Jane and Élodie

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

Man there are some patient gamers here! Much respect to you guys, I've always struggled with that.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

Feng, Jeff, Jane, Hag, Doctor, Clown, Spirit, Legion, Plague and Oni. I dont own but I have all Ace, Adam, Quentin, Steve, Nancy, Ash and Yui perks unlocked on the Shrine.

I dont plan on unlocking more Survivors with shards since they are skins and I dont plan on unlocking Twins, Ill get Deathslinger or Trickster once their Archive gets out OR I save 18k shards (I unlock wathever Killer gets the archive, Plague being next I unlocked her few days ago).

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

Everyone except Trickster, but that's because lately I've been taking breaks from the game so it's taking me long to reach 9k (but I'm almost there).

• burntFuse
    burntFuse Member Posts: 290
    Options

None. I consider buying chapters as my continued show of support for the game, and save my shards for buying cosmetics.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,619
    Options

4 - Clown, Kate, Adam and Spirit. Everyone else with real money. (Which is kinda a shame, because I would love to have the white Shirt on Kate, but I wont buy the Chapter just for that)

And nowadays I pretty much only buy Cosmetics with Shards or sometimes Perks in the Shrine, when I want to click some Bloodwebs.

• brubli
    brubli Member Posts: 214
    Options

all non licensed killers with the exception of plag. I also got a few survivors but I don't recall which

• zombitehdeath
    zombitehdeath Member Posts: 587
    Options

Blight, twins, trickster

Felix, elodie, yun-jin

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,128
    Options

Six so far

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    Options

Around 8-10, hard to find out the exact number.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,431
    Options

All of them. The only ones I haven’t bought with shards are the licensed ones that you are unable to.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,447
    Options

just two the twins an Ellode. The only thing that helped me do that was all the shards we got throughout December.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,826
    Options

I started playing the game during the 2018 Hallowed Blight event. All the chapters were half off, so I ended up buying everything that had been released so far (which, at the time, was up through Spirit).

The first chapter that was released after I started playing was Legion. I was extremely disappointed in what he turned out to be, so I bought him and Jeff with shards. And I've bought every single original chapter since then with shards, too. I only spend money on the licensed chapters.

I've amassed a rather large amount of shards, I can purchase chapters the day they're released and never have to save up for anything, so it's no biggie.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727
    edited April 2021
    Options

Oni, Hag and Yui are the ones I've got with shards so far.

I intend to do this with all unlicensed chapters (because why not get them for free by saving up stuff? It's not like I really ever find something else to spend them on, so it works for me for the time being.)

Edit: Spirit as well. I forgot about that.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,538
    Options

All of them. Never spend shards on the shrine and rarely for cosmetics so I usually have enough once a chapter comes out and enough for a cheap recolored cosmetic for the surv.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,394
    edited April 2021
    Options

All killer and all survivor except Kate, Jeff, Jane and Adam ( i got all their perks with the shrine)

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

Back when they introduced it, I bought Clown and Kate for shards for trying out. Then when Spirit came out I've decided to buy the chapter, just to support. But I changed my mind quickly with the broken Legion patch. Since then I'm getting every original chapter with shards and avid putting to much money into the game.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    Options

4 killers, 1 survivor

I used to buy them but now that I have more shards than I know what to do with I just buy all the new original killers.

• DemoFrog
    DemoFrog Member Posts: 193
    Options

Deathslinger, just Deathslinger.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,532
    Options

Twins, Elodie, Blight, Yun-Jin, Deathslinger, Trickster, Oni, Jeff and Adam

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    Options

Legion and Yun-Jin.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

Jeff and Legion Because i had hiatus that time and didn't want to give bhvr money for their terrible game atm

Trickster and Li because chapter sucks

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Zarina.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options

I believe that everyone I could have bought with shards, I have done so. I don't like spending more money on an already overpriced game. The standard should be $30-40, not 60.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

None. I use shards for shrine perks I want to have. I bought all characters with money

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

Only one, Jane

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options

I'm saying at one point, like when the Special Edition console port first dropped. But I'm also saying in general: games don't need to be that darn expensive. I don't care if it's AAA or if it's technologically more advanced. The price of consoles shouldn't go up either, because that was the unspoken rule for the longest time: that console prices didn't depend on economic inflation.

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326
    Options

Only blight.

Farming shards takes forever and I'd rather spend them on shrine perks since I've skipped a bunch of characters who I have no desire to play.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

I am using them for cosmetics.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    Options

9 killers and 9 survivors.

Clown, Spirit, Legion, Plague, Oni, Deathslinger, Blight, Twins, Trickster.

Kate, Adam, Jeff, Jane, Yui, Zarina, Felix, Elodie, Yun-jin.

• eric_alrasid17
    eric_alrasid17 Member Posts: 119
    Options

None, I only spend shard for perks

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Never bought any character with shards. I'm so far behind on unlocking perks i just don't get the motivation to play as much anymore alongside the constant nerfs. All my points go towards the shrine sadly.

• beached
    beached Member Posts: 303
    Options

I bought hag, ace, and Elodie with shards. The rest I’ve either bought the full dlc or the character with auric cells.

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,348
    Options

i only used shards on twins chapter this dlc wasnt wotrh reall money for me

• ThanosPAWG
    ThanosPAWG Member Posts: 412
    Options

I bought Oni, Legion, Blight, Clown, Plague, Spirit, Twins, and Elodie I bought with shards.

I only regret buying Clown because his chapter became free with xbox game pass for a while so I wasted 9k shards and bought everyone else with money.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Kate and Jane

Spirit, Clown and legion

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Options

None. I like using my shards for cosmetics ! :3

• Dicklaycia
    Dicklaycia Member Posts: 147
    Options

This probably sounds bad, but none of them. My impatient self could never grind up the iridescent shards at such a substantial volume when I could get immediate gratification by just dropping cash and unlocking characters immediately.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Spirit, Plague, Blight, Twins, Felix

• Stinde
    Stinde Member Posts: 459
    Options

Every single one of them. I've also bought every licenced DLC from sale at 50 % price except Stranger Things and Ash. Silent Hill was free because I got PH and Cheryl with the free auric cells people got before Christmas. BHVR gets my money as little as possible until they start properly optimizing their game for console and start caring for solo survivors and killers.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

Just Yui. Bought every killer with cells. Survivors are a waste of any currency unless you stream or really want to play that person.