Lack of clowns???

So I've been thinking, in most of my matches clown is the rarest killer I ever see, I see Freddy more than Clown!!! Do people not like him? His power is simple and pretty good yet I rarely see him. Even I rarely play him now and I dont even know why. What's wrong with him? He doesn't have map pressure but he excels at chases, is that it?!

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I think it's because his skill cap is so low compared to some others. There aren't like bottle throws where you're like, wow that was such a skillful play! He's just sorta effective and works, he isn't making cool plays.

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

@PhantomMask20763 said:
    So I've been thinking, in most of my matches clown is the rarest killer I ever see, I see Freddy more than Clown!!! Do people not like him? His power is simple and pretty good yet I rarely see him. Even I rarely play him now and I dont even know why. What's wrong with him? He doesn't have map pressure but he excels at chases, is that it?!

Low tier killer, what did u expect?

• aure
    aure Member Posts: 40

one of the least fun killer to play

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

well, many people dont want to pay the simple price of a finger in order to get a good laugh, so there arent many clowns out there.
    their incoms have been greatly reduced, so there is less of them.

1Finger4aLaugh

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    He's just not very fun to play. And his power can be nice, but it's never really useful. Very rarely will it change the outcome of a chase, or net you an extra kill. The redhead finger makes him pretty fun, but it's an ultra rare so you're not going to play with it very often.
  • Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

I actually see a few Clowns in my matches.I barely see Pigs or Spirits which make me sad because I love playing against them

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Not in ps4. Clown is an underrated killer imo.
  • alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

clown is easily countered by, oh I dont know, not being cornered by him and not pallet looping him

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Vietfox said:
    Not in ps4. Clown is an underrated killer imo.
    I'm on ps4 though and I rarely see him, probably just my luck tho
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I've thought that too. For me he's also the killer I face the least as survivor. Maybe many people just don't enjoy playing him. He is my personal favorite killer in the game though.

• LightsOut88
    LightsOut88 Member Posts: 123
    edited November 2018
    Clown is my 3rd best killer, I really enjoy playing him because he is fast and has some decent personal perks, however i agree that his power is somewhat limited in effectiveness when playing against a good runner who can track your bottle throws and still evade you or make you miss. Also it doesnt do enough to actually hinder a survivor for long enough to make a significant diffrence without addons. 
    Clown is a mid tier killer who can be very good or be clowned himself. It all depemds on the caliber of survivors you are facing and their knowledge of the game. 
    That being said with the survivors out there becoming more and more skilled everyday, clown becomes less amd less of a viable killer at lower ranks 
  • iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

I'll play him sometimes just to change things up, but he's like a nerfed version of Huntress imo. I personally just don't find him all that fun or strong to play.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Tbh if they just fixed his bottle exploding in his hand AND brought back his Intoxicated effect stopping fast vaults those would help a lot.

• ad19970

@Blueberry said:
    Tbh if they just fixed his bottle exploding in his hand AND brought back his Intoxicated effect stopping fast vaults those would help a lot.

I thought they already fixed the second. At least in my experience survivors have been slow vaulting when intoxicated when they otherwise would have fast vaulted.
    However it would be nice if they fixed the first problem.

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460
    edited November 2018

He's extremely good on chase due to his slow, and some tracking due to the fact survivor will scream if they affected by the gas! But the downside is, he lacks of Map Pressence, and the power to slow the game down!

Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad killer, but he just not as good as the top 5s

• ad19970

@GhostrickSpecter said:
    He's extremely good on chase due to his slow, and some tracking due to the fact survivor will scream if they affected by the gas! But the downside is, he lacks of Map Pressence, and the power to slow the game down!

Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad killer, but he just not as good as the top 5s

Exactly. I'd argue he is the best chaser in the game aside from Nurse. But his lack of map pressence really hurts him and still makes him very vulnerable to gen rush.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited November 2018

@HellDescent said:
    I stopped playing him because his bottles are bugged

Yep his bottles will just randomly explode the moment you release them. You could be in an open field and it can happen I've tested it and have no idea what causes it. Exact reason I stopped playing him.

Well I don't know if this is what you're referring to but this is why I quit playing him. I've seen it happen to a few streamers as well so I know it isn't something on my end. It's happened to me maybe 1 out of 10 games but it's still annoying enough that I don't play him because of it.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@PhantomMask20763 said:

I like playing clown but there is something missing with him. He doesn't have any gimmick to his playstyle it's a brutal slugfest with some bottle throwing.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    My favourite killer, play him 60% of the time. Love his character, his looks, his power. His mori is pure beauty. Have to struggle a bit to circumvent low map pressure, but it's mostly just about hooking early. Then you're good.

I'd also add that this guy is literally the only clown I've ever seen who is actually funny.
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

I'm on PS4 and I rarely see the Clown.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    His ability is meant to counter loops, but it isn't a real counter. Then the bottles fly in a very weird arc and he has no map mobility.
  • Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

There are a whopping 13 clowns in Dead by daylight. I don't get what you're complaining about.