If you main one side, what would it take to play the other more?

IWasLeft2Die
IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

I was wondering what would it take people to play the opposing side more often whether you are a killer or survivor main. I think it could help make the game healthier overall to have people play both sides more honestly. But I am interested in knowing what would it take for you to play the other side a little more than you do now

I play both pretty evenly myself.

Also, I'm not saying people must play them evenly. I just want to know what prevents you from doing it currently

Comments

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 360
    edited April 2021

bonuses to bloodpoints, easy... we are all stuck in the grind. hell overwatch gives credits and priority que tickets for playing a role thats IN DEMAND. Just look at other games that are tackling the same issue.

• Shymare_11
    Shymare_11 Member Posts: 494

I mostly play survivor and only sometimes I play killer, but I only play Nurse. If other killers felt as rewarding as Nurse would I play them and thus killer more often. Also more blood points.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

I'll still give the question a shot

To play survivor more- make the objectives more fun. Gens aren't that exciting and most of the time I get stuck doing at least 2 gens alone (very often 3).

To play killer more- make it more fun, even if I'm losing. Right now wins can feel kind of not fun which is unfortunate.

Despite what I said above I do have fun with the game overall but there are parts of it that can either be super frustrating or boring

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

A 2-killer mode wouldn't hurt, but my main gripe is that most survivors seem to be out to troll the killer.

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583

You get a lot better at the game by playing both sides. You learn the strengths and weaknesses for each killer. As well as how to counter each killer when playing survivor.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

I play 60% killer 40% survivor.

What would make me play more survivor would be a WGLF buff or more blood points in general.

• ProfGameAndTalk
    ProfGameAndTalk Member Posts: 326

I play more killer than survivor and the ONLY thing that stands out is queue times. I'd definitely play more survivor if queue times weren't so awful.

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583

They just need to make health states count then it would be perfect

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,168

I feel like your mentality about the game does improve if you play both sides and experience the highs and lows of each

I'm not saying that people who play both are better, not at all - I just think when you have experience with both it's easier to be a bit more level-headed about complaints about either side.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

More Steve cosmetics.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

As a killer main I'd play survivor more if there was less time spent doing gens and more time being chased. Sitting on gens 80% of the match because my teammates don't want to is boring. Then at endgame when I go down getting someone off hook I get left behind with 0 attempt for anyone to come get me even if the killer isn't even camping. Maybe if I had a group of friends to play with I'd play more survivor. For now though I really only play 1-2 survivor games at a time after I get tired of playing killer.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

I play both but I am more of a killler main but the main thing that stops me playing survivor is me being ######### at it xD

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638
    edited April 2021

I used to play both sides evenly, but then Killer mode suddenly became stressful.

Survivor mode is fun for me, plus I like getting scared.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I main killer not because I want to, but because queue times are much shorter. I'd play survivor all day if I could. Easy and fun.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

The game prevents me from playing Survivor more consistently by making it way too dull.

To get me to play it more, i need more variety in the basic gameplay.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

To get me to play survivor, all I need is friends.

Solo-que is painful.

• meowzilla69
    meowzilla69 Member Posts: 408

I main killer, hopefully when They buff solo q I can play survivor more. Solo q is a frustrating experience when I played

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575

While I enjoy playing survivor more than killer that isn't the reason I am a survivor main. When I first started playing this game I played both pretty equally. I was actually doing quite a bit better as a killer than a survivor. The thing is for me to be a really good killer I had to slug and slug a lot. At the same time while playing as a survivor I absolutely hated being slugged. Slugging killers take every bit of enjoyment out of the game for me as a survivor. Given the choices of:

1) Play killer without slugging

2) Play killer and continue to slug

3) Quit playing killer.

It was a fairly easy choice. I couldn't enjoy #1 because I sucked that way. I couldn't do #2 because I personally couldn't enjoy utilizing a strategy against others that I that I despised so much when it was used against me. That meant the only enjoyable way for me to play this game was to not play killer.

I guess that means I don't think there is anything that would get me to want to play killer.

• Affrax
    Affrax Member Posts: 19

80% survivor, 20% Killer

I don't play as much because of anxiety of playing Killer and the fear of being humiliated or ridiculed for not doing well, so I don't try to push further than yellow or brown ranks since survivors here tend to be a lot more friendly.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

I have no idea what my percentages of play time are. However... I play Killer if I'm soloing, I play Survivor if I'm playing with friends.

I don't play Killer with my friends because generally speaking, you can't do that. (Unless we get 5 for a full KYF lobby which does happen sometimes, but not that often).

I don't play Survivor alone because I very much like tinkering with off meta builds and Killers. I enjoy loading up with a weird setup and seeing what happens. You can do that as a Survivor, but any of your choices only make a difference for 25% of the team you are on and depending on how the match plays out... you may not even end up in a situation where your off meta build is even relevant. Killer on the other hand... you're gonna run into nearly every aspect of Killer play every match and your off meta build is going to matter. All of that means that I just don't get what I want out of playing Solo Survivor... So... when I'm soloing, I exclusively stick to Killer.

I don't think there is a way to fix either of these.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

I primarily play Survivor, but I genuinely don't think there's anything they can really do to make me play Killer more. I really like the team aspect of the game, and messing around with my buds with other randos. I can do that as part of the 4. I can't do that as much as the 1.

Plus, if I have time to play killer, I'd probably be more likely to play a single player game instead... I only really play games like this to have fun with friends, and DBD is just fun for us. Idk, I just don't find Killer worth the time investment compared to messing around with Survivor, and I just find myself wanting to do other things. When I played more Solo, I even still preferred Solo Survivor, because seeing how wild your teammates would be every game is both a complete memey joy and utter disappointment, and I like that. Idk, I just really like cooperation and team work. That's never going to happen for the 1 in the 1v4. (Which, I should note, I think is totally fine, and I think it's awesome they have both options available, for those who aren't as interested in teamwork PvP games- I'm just generally not one of them.)

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 360

i just want to enjoy the game, one game its comp squads the next its babies, matchmaking would make it worse. idk. I just want the grind lessened, if i had perks/items i wanted to run then id have fun again.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

I play both but I play survivor more. The only reason why though is just because for some reason having a bad match as killer just stings more.

I can get camped, tunnelled, slugged etc and no matter what as survivor I can still have fun with it and make the best out of a bad situation and happily ready up into the next match after.

When I play killer and I have a bad match I've always just found it frustrating and just want to give up sometimes and go back to survivor. I've got a lot better recently and been putting a lot of time in getting as good with my main huntress as possible, you just have to try and stay as positive as possible and keep trying.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I don't play survivor because I'm tired of seeing my teammates making the wrong plays on a regular basis. I'm not expecting perfection as nobody is perfect, but I'm not about to sit in a lobby for 10 minutes only to see some nitwits feeding a camping killer then getting mad that the killer camped.

• VLight
    VLight Member Posts: 126

I would play Survivor more if it was more interactive and if solo queue had more communication potential. I want to see more in-depth and fun objectives for Survivors rather than just holding M1.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

I'm 60-40 in favor of killer.

Solo queue is just so God awful. Deliverance has helped recently.