The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What killer needs a nerf the most??

For me It’s either Spirit, or Nurse. What about you???

Comments

• twocansofbean
    twocansofbean Member Posts: 200

I genuinely pyramid head's ability to swap between ability and m1 so fast.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Spirit

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009
    edited April 2021

Spirit. It's basically all up to her with the Survivor having to guess and hope. Yes it can feel amazing to juke her, but that usually means she doesn't have the best hearing or isn't running Stridor against a IW user.

Nurse is still a broken character, but I don't know if I really want to see her nerfed cause I feel it could break her to be nonexistant... easily.

Not really sold Freddy's nerfs will hurt him as much as people pretend it will. I hope it just makes him harder to use and less frequent. Which honestly, is what I'm mainly hoping for... less of him. Have to wait to see where he ends up.

I'll get stoned for this as I already have, but I don't like Wraith currently. He could very well be the easiest Killer to play in the game, and I'm seeing him a lot more in Red Ranks and having A LOT of success in the Red Ranks. I'm still thinking he is going to be the new Freddy. A very simple and easy Killer to use who can 4K most matches even in the Red Ranks with minimal effort on his part. No huge nerfs, but I think he could use a small tone down for how painfully simple he is to play.

Hag needs to not be able to trap in a certain radius of a hook. Good Hags don't camp and tunnel hooks. I played her back in the stun when teleporting was a thing, you current era Hags are spoiled rotten!

Not a fan of Blight, but I'm not sure I'd call him overpowered minus the J Flick. I just wish I stopped facing him on Shelter Woods. That map is basically a win for him. Blegh.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I don't know why but have a pretty high escape rate against the Nurse. Maybe because I do a lot of sneaking? I don't know.

The Spirit on the other hand. She can get nerfed and the tip toward OP territory that they just gave the Wraith could stand to be dialed back to how it was before as well.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Pretty sure they actually just patched that out recently. He can no longer fake using his power and then immediately m1.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Id much sooner buff a lot of killers than Han out nerfs honestly, besides for spirit.

• piggygooik
    piggygooik Member Posts: 576

what do you mean good hags proxy hooks all the time

she is a campy killer if you take it away from her she becomes pretty bad

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited April 2021

Deathslinger. Why a ranged killer doesn't have a terror radius, has near-hitscan, and extreme range, is beyond me. Huntress has a 45 meter hum, hatchet wind-up with very loud audio cues, slower hatchet throws with speed that only increases if you hold it, and has to reload specifically at lockers--time consuming, and inconvenient a lot of the time, and isn't conducive with chases. But Deathslinger? He's a Huntress with none of those weaknesses.

• NoObzBoiYT
    NoObzBoiYT Member Posts: 198

Nurse needs to be nurffed since she’s the best killer in the game and ignores everything. If you think different your bad

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

Nah, good hags use her power in chase or to defend entire sections of the map. Bad hags spam traps around hooks and rely on survivors altruism instead of learning how to zone and where to place traps to end chases or shut down loops. Yes good hags will occasionally trap the hook but it's usually one trap (when the game starts going sideways for them) and most of the time they don't even teleport to it just use it as a stall for unhooks.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890

Spirit hands down

• Dylandal99
    Dylandal99 Member Posts: 85

Freddy needs a nerf. an experienced player using freddy with ruin undying tinkerer is a hell let lose of a match, imagine pairing those with knock out and leave people on the ground in case you get tinkerer once you downed somebody.

ofcourse this whole changes once you lose your totems but on some maps.. good luck finding both totems before losing a match.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

They're not good Hags if they are relying on downing unhooks or MYC easy downs. Though I'm the type that likes to challenge myself and play more active and fair to the other side and not use the easiest and cheapest methods to win. People wouldn't hate Hag as much if more people played her more aggressive web instead of 5 traps at a hook Hag.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Its already patched, he has a slowdown when changing attacks

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,281

Spirit is too much of a gamble to play against, and the 'see survivor auras' add-on for the Wraith is too strong.

It's also unfair that while the trail of torment, which doesn't do anything until the survivor is downed, and even then simply makes it easier to 'hook' and 'unhook' the target, can't be placed near hooks or objectives, but Hag's 6 meter diameter traps can be planted under a hook to make it impossible to get a rescue.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

She had a tell when phasing on release and it made her laughibly bad. This suggestion is a no-go unless she gets something in return.

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583

None of them need a nerf, they all are already weak enough besides Nurse which is the only killer in the game you can't dominate by default.

Why would you even nerf any killers, the game is objectively survivor sided.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

Nurse, she is genuinely broken when you get good with her. She needs a full rework tbh. Strong Killers are fine, but killers which can straight up ignore every possible defence the survivors have is... not so fine.

• Spirit, just remove her phase walk and she becomes a perfectly balanced killer that’s is far healthier for the game

• Callisto_
    Callisto_ Member Posts: 46

Really? I wasn’t around back then but doesn’t she move incredibly fast during phasing and survivors don’t know which direction you’re coming from

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

Freddy will never be nerfed enough until he's deleted from the game, so Freddy

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Hag..

• Ever face a good Hag on Midwitch? No? Lucky you
    • Ever face a good Hag 3 gen guarding? No? Lucky you
    • Ever face a Mint Rag Hag with MYC? No? Lucky you
    • Ever face a basement camping Hag? No? Lucky you
    • Ever face a good Hag on an indoor map? No? Lucky you
    • Ever face a good scroll-wheel Hag? No? Lucky you

There's so many more including just a regular camping Hag but I decided to keep this list short. Hate everything about her.

• zombitehdeath
    zombitehdeath Member Posts: 587

What part of wraith you want toned down?

Or what changes you would make on him?

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

Meg...with a mask.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

Pig

she only needs to M1 twice.

pretty broken if you ask me

• odra
    odra Member Posts: 369

spirit of course, with stridor she basically has no counter

• melcoozinho
    melcoozinho Member Posts: 1

Spirit + Nurse.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

I mean, some need rebalancing but not nerfs, the issue with killers isn't strength but design (maybe aside from nurse).

If twins got a bunch of nerfs and buffs and they stayed at the same power level I would be happy because twins are horribly designed.

Other than spirit, twins and freddy I really cannot think of any other killer that needs drastic changes.

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542
    edited April 2021

Nerf Spirit. Nerf her post-phase lunge and up the chase music while in phase to force her to use more visual cues in chases.

Buff Pig, Clown and Trapper by giving their basekit an additional 1 or 2 items (6-7 bottles for clown, + 1 or 2 traps for Pig & Trapper)

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

Just Spirit. She’s just annoying and unfun to play against.

• worriedfeng03
    worriedfeng03 Member Posts: 82

The only killer I have issue with is Spirit. I don't think that she should be nuked because I do think there should be killers that are actually challenging to go against, but I would change her a little bit to make her less of a hassle to go against.

My biggest change to her would to make it more obvious when she is spirit walking. I've heard that she will twitch her arm a certain way and her "shards" will glow, but that's often difficult to notice and I have also heard that some skins cover up those shards. A tiny change I would suggest is giving her a slight blue glow around her body/husk so it's easier to distinguish when she is spirit walking.

And that's pretty much all I would do. I'm not sure if I agree with suggestions I've heard before of her being slightly visible while spirit walking, as I feel that that would nerf her perhaps too much.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

Spirit is easily the second strongest killer. There’s no way a tell on phasing would have that much of an effect on her viability. You already know when she’s phasing in 90% of situations anyways and a tell would simply help put an end to the “mind game” of standing still at short loops to get a free hit. I don’t see that free hit being the thing that makes her so strong, so I’m not convinced that taking the free hit away will have much of an impact on her power level.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Nurse is definitely the game breaking killer right now. Sure her skill ceiling is high, but once you learn her, she's unstoppable. I would say Nurse needs a rework instead of a nerf. Being able to teleport removes any counter-play a survivor can use against her. Maybe remove the ability to teleport through objects and pallets but give her more teleports.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

If you think Clown has gotten a lot of buffs, you should check out Wraith. I believe he is somewhere close to 20 buffs since release.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 942

None

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I had a match today, as Spirit in Ormond. Using Dragon grib / Haunted ground / Make your choice / Noed.

Early game, I saw a survivor trying to cleanse my Haunted ground, I act like didnt see them, but I phased back and grab. A hook in under 1min. No need to say, I have alot pressure from that hook.

Funny thing, that was the only phase I did in that game, the rest I just "standing mind game". Still had 9/12 hooks. 2k.

• FreddysMain
    FreddysMain Member Posts: 289

A lot complained about Freddy and he got a Nurf, it is not a big one but when people aren't that skilled compared to red ranks and some of those have a lot of time in the game it can be hard. i struggle against them and still learning i also main Freddy.

They will just find someone else to complain about and Nurf then move on again... until all killers are nurfed and survivors are at their strongest.

• FreddysMain
    FreddysMain Member Posts: 289

I think they will do something if many keep complaining. but if you love a character and true to them and learn them well then people will continue to be great with them.

Freddy is really fun to play as and i love playing against him too. he is fun! no just that the character in general too :)

That would be great! it is nice meeting other Freddy players. we all stick together! <3

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

Spirit uggghh can’t stand her

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Running in circles is how dbd is enjoyed by a lot of people hence why they hate killers who don’t do it.

The only killer that needs toning down imo is nurse since just ignores the entire game