Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What makes a good killer or Survivor?

No I'm not going to use some clickbait title but to be honest I want you all to understand this is one man's opinion before you start crying down in the comment section.

I'm going to go with Survivor first since it's the easiest one to dissect.
+ All for one
Self-sustainability...
Basically perks I can offer you the ability to keep yourself alive a lot longer or primarily used by survivors. Self-care is by far one of the most heavily used perks in the game because of this. Self-sustainability is so powerful that perks like empathy are used to keep running injured survivors away from you until you has to not alert the killer to your presence.

+ Get out of jail free card
Deliverance and Unbreakable not to mention decisive strike are probably going to be the top contenders for this. Perks that can give you a 2nd 3rd or even 4th chance are used by quite a bit of players. Primarily to keep the chase going or to save their own skin.

+ item use
Parks that allow you to hang onto your items a little bit longer or help you find better ones are also valued. Let's be honest when is the last time you saw Survivor that didn't have a flashlight or even a toolbox. These particular perks like StreetWise are very useful they improved so much efficiency to the point you can use that tool box Juiced up with repair speed as much as you want for the entire game.

Basically Survivor perks with insane self-sustaining abilities are heavily valued. 

Okay killer is going to be a bit more difficult since they're primarily with makes a match a match. I'm just going to use 3 or I'll be here all day.

+ premature Chase
If a killer can end a Chase as quickly as it began then that killer is a force to be reckoned with. Even though she's on every list the nurse is a tear all on her own because she ignores everything And I mean everything. The clown is also pretty good at this since he can end a Chase into a bottles one if he caught you off-guard.

+ Total Tool
A Killer's utility has to be Sharp, easy to use, and complex when it needs to be. The top contender for this in my opinion but have to be the hag. This particular category is mostly for killers that have add-ons that can change the entire way you play that killer. Michael Myers is another Contender because of scratch mirror.
Basically if one add-on can change the entire way you view a killer then more power to you

+ birthday suit
This last one is going to be simple. If you can play a Killer without the use of any add-ons or perks then that killer is insanely good at what they do and even more dangerous with the use of items and perks.

This one is going to be a bit more difficult but the three killers that come to mind currently what have to be nurse, the Clown, and hillbilly.

If a developer can make a killer that strong about the use of such things and that killer is worth putting in the game

Okay I don't really know how to end this whole thing but if you have any comments or concerns please leave them down below because I would like to see what you all think makes a good Survivor or killer besides the player themselves because believe me there are some very good players and some very bad ones

Comments

• apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245

Hands down, experience in both instances. With little experience, the killers face camp and sit there hitting their first hooked surv, and the survivors either stay lockers the whole match or you'll see them sprint in a random direction at the first hint of the heartbeat.

As you hit rank 1, it all comes down to optimizing your priorities. As a survivor, don't unhook teammates in front of a killer, especially in front of a killer carrying another teammate; that ones takes newer survivors some time. As a killer, don't camp (too close >=D), do learn when to give up on a chase; like when a survivor runs around that big tree in coldwind farm at the beginning of the trial.

Basically, knowing how to adapt your chosen strategy to the current situation, with any resources that are available to you, while also knowing how to respond or react to events that don't go your way. As soon as you become complacent, repetitive, or predictable, you lose.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    What makes a good survivor/killer? Basically skills. Perks help, but you need to know how and when to use them.
    Btw, many survivors should focus on the success as a team instead of being damn selfish.
  • Countfunkular
    Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
    @Vietfox
    Pretty much at the end of the day that's what it boils down to. If you have all the power in the world but don't know how to use it then can you truly call it power.

Survivors learn to get better with experience because some survivors are so good they don't really need any perks. Killers are the same way but some have to optimize with perks and add-ons
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited November 2018
    Survivor: good perks
    Killer: good power + good perks.
    Cause I'm sure you meant what makes them worth it to purchase/have, not what makes a good player.