Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Game is almost unplayable on Xbox.

Lost_Boy
Lost_Boy Member Posts: 666

The game has pretty much become unplayable for me on Xbox with both crossplay on & off. So many lag spikes and survivors are literally vanishing in front of my eyes and reappearing like 10 foot away & running into walls then porting to doors. Like 50% of the time when I hit a survivor on PC I have no clue what direction they went because of the action of hitting them combined with the speed burst causes a lag spike.

I very much doubt anything can or will be done about these issues so I guess I'll just stop playing because it's just not enjoyable anymore playing like this. It's a shame because I actually really like the game.

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Lets be fair, what is playable on Xbox?

• Fantasy
    Fantasy Member Posts: 451

I play on Xbox just fine.

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

Im on xbox and the only times i encounter these issue's is when its on my end.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

xbox one s player, I can play just fine but I do get fps drops

• JasonIsADove
    JasonIsADove Member Posts: 45

As someone who plays on console regularly, I feel this on a spiritual level. Unfortunately it seems the only optimal solutions to this would be to get the game on pc instead (and then restart everything because there's no cross progression =/) or invest in a next-gen console. I recently bought a series S and it's heaven (but dedicated hits are still a thing =/).

• KlapzCheeks
    KlapzCheeks Member Posts: 171

As someone who plays on Xbox Series X.....

Git Gud

• Lost_Boy

Well I play on one X and still managed to get to rank 5. I guess if the game didn't run like ######### 50% of the time I would easily be floating around the rank 2-4 range.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

I wouldn't call it "Unplayable", but Xbox dbd is pretty #########.

• Lusiem9
    Lusiem9 Member Posts: 87

*Laughts in switch version

• Sup3rCatTree
    Sup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588
    edited April 2021

I play on Xbox and the game runs fine, but I do play on the Newer Generations (Xbox One X). I do remember playing DBD on the Xbox One before and It did feel a lot different and felt rough to play, but to be fair the Xbox One released in 2014. It sounds like it's Time to upgrade.

• Lost_Boy

I play on the one X & it definitely doesn't run fine for me. Lots of frame drops and latency issues since the last update. Some matches it's okay & others not so much. Haven't really played the game for long enough to see a trend with certain maps/perks etc but I know some people mention things like dead hard, sloppy butcher etc giving them issues. I've noticed a trend with the speed boost iframe after first hit though which I guess is kinda like the dead hard animation. It's very inconsistent and on some maps I get frame drops straight after the hit, which results in me losing vision of my target. Pretty frustrating, but not much I can do about it.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

I play on the Xbox Series X and don't notice any frame rate drops and lag spikes. I also didn't notice this when I used to play on the original Xbox One but hey maybe an update they released recently broke that experience on the Xbox One after I had switched.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,865

Well, if you decide to upgrade to a Series X- take solace in knowing it runs well. It’s been optimized for X/S.