Killers: Don't watch Twitch

SleepingPilot
SleepingPilot Member Posts: 9
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

This is just a mental health PSA.

So, I just figured out what TTV in survivors names means (yeah, I know) and played against a team of twitch streamers a couple of nights ago.

The survivors all escaped but it was a fun match and all but one was on their last hook so I thought it would be fun to see the match from the survivor side. Big mistake. Twitch streamers are really mean.

The streamer posted the full night on his channel and they just were the worst. Apparently I deserve to be put on a "registry with sex offenders" because I ran tinkerer. I am a (bad word) because I am rank 1 (I didn't make that judgement call, I don't even know how to run loops, it isnt my fault the game says I'm rank 1).

They acted like everything successful I did was an example of my moral failings, and I didn't deserve any hits i got or hooks, but also that I was moron when I made mistakes.

They were running OoO, playing with perfect communication and stream 6.5 hours every night about.

Like why have that toxic attitude? It's like a pro football team smashing a bunch of high school players, calling them (bad words) for losing but when they fumble screaming at these kids that it isnt fair since they are wearing red jerseys.

So, don't watch past Twitch streams. Live in your head that the people you are playing with are kind and just having fun like you. Twitch streamers, I hope you are entertained.

Fyi- I play on console so no post game chat. I now see how that might be for the best. Oh, and yes they tbed but everyone does, I don't take that seriously.

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236
    edited April 2021

TTVs are people, people can be mean.

TTV survivors are basically broadcasted SWFs, so you get to see, or hear, everything they're saying, just as if you were eavesdropping on a SWF.

There are plenty of TTVs who aren't mean. Although in my experience, they are mostly killer mains or at least do both equally. The 'survivor main' streamers tend to be the most abrasive. Survivor mains are used to projecting all of their failures onto the killer, and SWF TTV survivor mains live in a bubble.

There's one relatively well known survivor streamer I watch, who is entertaining, but man is he and his entire community incredibly survivor biased. I tried to argue in favour of the recent DS nerf when it was announced and he and his chat chewed up me, despite being an otherwise regular viewer. Hasn't been the same atmosphere since.

• SweetbutaPsycho
    SweetbutaPsycho Member Posts: 255
    edited April 2021

There are those and those honestly. There are the streamers that are fun to play against and tell u gg in endgame chat and even are happy when u make good plays and the match is fun and there are those that jump into a locker right in front of u and loudly scream streamsnipe when u pull them out and sent their hatesquad after u. But I can understand ur concern I've played Otz, Monto and Umbra while they were streaming and if u make a play that is considered toxic some ppl from their chats will always find u and come after u to tell u that u suck. If u wanna be sure honestly just dodge its what I do by now. Just choose to not deal with the trouble it brings

• SOMENINJANAME
    SOMENINJANAME Member Posts: 294

Yeah, I can't help but feel bad for a lot of these sour dudes once I see what they look like and how little fun they're actually having. They take almost every aspect of enjoyment out of playing a VIDEO GAME lol. Just have fun and let them soak in their misery.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,484

It just doesnt make sense to me that because you had 1 bad experience, you decide to be ignorant instead of realizing that the majority of streamers are really chill and fun people to hang around.

Id say less than 5% of streamers I go against are actually ######### people

• SleepingPilot
    edited April 2021

Ok, I'm not saying "I will not watch Twitch" and I apologize i see how my messages was poorly worded. I am saying I won't watch past streams featuring me, because the risk of hearing someone call me a sex offender is too high.

I actually think a lot of people should be aware that streamers can be aggressivly abusive and if they don't want their head polluted with the knowledge of who they are playing with to avoid past streams that feature them.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited April 2021

I'm not saying all TTVs are asshats. From my experience however most I run into are. Most TTVs I come across often rage quit when they learn I'm not a noob who can easily be bullied.

I had one match where 2 people were TTV and in a swf. They both had flashlights. I was Nurse. I downed one person early under a pallet. I pretended to pick them up then turned around and hit their buddy. They were hoping for a pallet save. I went back to the downed person by the pallet. Did the same thing and downed their buddy this time. Then a 3rd tried the same thing and I got another down. Literally they are coming to me. My chaser is crap because I can't chase anyone. The downed person used UB and finally left. I went for the 2nd TTV who was downed. I again pretended to pick them up. Turned around and big shock. They're buddy was hoping for a flash light save. I downed him again. He lost his UB, no gens are done and 3 people are bleeding on the ground. Both the TTVs quit. I wasn't slugging. They just kept coming to me hoping to get a pallet stun and I've played long enough to not immediately pick up someone.

Then in the end game chat the 2 randoms asked me what happened? I explained the 2 TTVs were more concerned with putting on a show then actually playing the game and they left when they found out I wouldn't take the bait. That's my general experience when I see TTV. They don't do objectives, they try to get the killer's attention to show off their chasing skills and rage quit when they can't bully the killer.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,390

Personally, it's a bit entertaining to see twitch streamers get really upset. I remember a twitch streamer's friend said on their stream that I must have no friends for getting a 4K with a meme build.

• beached
    beached Member Posts: 303

I will say that it is in your best interest not to watch a TTV player you're going up against. A lot of them are just outwardly abrasive for no reason and projecting their own frustrations with the game onto the other side. They just want to take a piss on the other side for even bothering to log onto the game but I've found that TTV players with viewers tend to act more reasonable since they have an audience.

The best TTV players are the ones that either run solo queue and talk to their chat or just talk to their friends they're playing with about other things rather than the game. People who play public matches to sweat are prone to spewing words out of their mouth because they get outplayed or otherwise have the game not go in their favor.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,484

That really sucks as the streamers I tend to get are super nice, last one I had was in a 4 mah SWF and they even invited me into a discord server so we could do a KYF because apprently that was the first time any of them saw a good Blight.

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806

Twitch is a cesspool.

Just don't tune in. Your mental health will improve dramatically.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I did run into 1 group that ended up inviting me to their discord and I do ######### with them on a daily basis. But ive had the game for 4 years and that's about the only nice group I've come across.

• FreddysMain
    FreddysMain Member Posts: 289

I have played against countless TTV streamers, some are not very nice and some are. I stream but i don't have ttv in my name. but they have also been in my streams. funny enough some can be very toxic especially when you play as a Freddy.

• GodLikeTerror
    GodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054

Most people who stream are generally pretty nice, and I will be streaming again here soon, and I'm pretty nice, and talk and always am nice. Unless the people after the round come at me on my stream, and I just try to figure out why they want to be mean, but overall I've met a few who were very toxic, but I just laugh usually when playing back, because most of the time it's pretty funny. In my opinion I don't find survivor streams entertaining anyways, but that's just me.

• Callisto_
    Callisto_ Member Posts: 46

Most people who have ttv in their name probably aren’t good streamers just saying

• SleepingPilot

You know, I'm going to assume you are right and most streamers are really cool and fun. I am just going to accept that as fact moving forward, but I will not verify that by checking out streams Ive played in.

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 388

Dev’s said several times that stream sniping is not a banable offense.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited April 2021

I mean... it really just depends on the streamer.

I frequently go back and watch vods from streamers I've played against. Usually it is pretty wholesome. Sometimes it isn't. Really it is just up to you personally... weigh how much you'll enjoy watching the game from the Survivor's perspective vs how much it'll bother you if they get toxic. I personally don't really get bothered by Toxicity because I have... a lot of years of experience ignoring it, so I keep watching even after seeing some streamers get salty.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I sometimes use TTV in my name and I 99% of the time play solo. But I guess having TTV in my username because I want to grow my audience makes me a bad person ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you could hear the thoughts of people who arent streaming, they wouldnt be much different.

• Tubby_Squirrel
    Tubby_Squirrel Member Posts: 245

I don't get the joke in the false 'TTV' sterotype. Is it some famous You Tuber that everyone is parroting the lie that TTV increases the odds a person is toxic?

I personally have gone against at least 30 or 40 TTV's so there is a VERY low chance that if this sterotype were real that none would be toxic... none were toxic.

Now am I meant to beilive I just got lucky... FORTY TIMES IN A ROW or that everyone else is over exaggerating👻?

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399

Jokes on you I don't have a Twitch Account!

• Tubby_Squirrel

Personally I LOVE watching back a vod of a TTV'er going against me. I can study my mistakes, study what made them sweat, pluss I just like to hear them talk about me. Maybe I'm just vain...

And see things like "Huh, where did they go when i lost them at this loop?"

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

They are exaggerating, because saying "TTV bad" gives them upvotes and it's easier than actually having a constructive opinion

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

In my experience most of the time someone has TTV in their name they're either not live at all, or just a totally normal player. So I'll personally keep watching matches I'm in from another perspective, it's quite interesting and can even be educational.

I'm not saying what you're talking about doesn't happen, of course there's jerks that stream. But in my experience it's way more rare than many seem to claim, and I'm a person that wouldn't care if someone trash talks or whatever in the first place. The stuff I'd really care about... if they say that sorta stuff on Twitch they won't be streaming for much longer, lol.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I always laugh if I find one of these in my lobby cause I know if they can't outplay me the salt will be fun to watch.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Some twitchies just can't keep their mouths shut.

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 795

do you really think this is enforceable? if they even care enough to be worried about it?

pvp game streamers know the risk, doubly so if they're a TTV. you want people to know where your stream is, right? well, it turns out the downside is that people are gonna know where your stream is.

• DecisiveDwight
    DecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593

Me and my friends when against a twitch a couple of weeks ago alright guy commented on a lot of our misplays but not in a mean way we were with a solo who he tunneled poor Kate either way 2 escape 2 dead he was chill on camera no mean comments well deserving of the followings

• sleepywynd
    sleepywynd Member Posts: 118

This unfortunately happens with a lot of toxic players.

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 388

dev’s said several times that stream sniping is not a banable offense.

• Babawizwiz
    Babawizwiz Member Posts: 347

A majority of TTVs are OoO bullies.

I went against one as a deathslinger and he was constantly teabagging me with OoO, downed him after having the last 2 of his teammates on hook and waited for him to bleed out instead of hooking. Checked his stream on my phone (with a huge delay) and saw him talking ######### about how toxic i was and reported me lmao

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150
  • edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

Most ttvs are more or less chill. The behavior has very little to do with whether they stream or not. The DbD community is horrible and a lot of players stream, hence the reason ttvs can be toxic.

BHVR just does a poor job of managing the community, imo. Other games like FF14 will actually ban for things said on twitch streams, while players send death threats in postgame chat in DbD and still have their accounts months later. It seems like a player pretty much has to commit a crime for BHVR to take any action against them, and even then it's usually a slap on the wrist.

• redsopine00
    redsopine00 Member Posts: 905

Dude you realise you can get that guys twitch banned for that right all he did was against twitch’s tos report him and explain your the one he is on about

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

I've seen both the extremes, from wholesome to toxic, and from streamers of either role. Streamers are just people.

• Tubby_Squirrel

A majority? So you can with resonable certainly account for at least 51% of TTV's? Please provide a list with evidence for each name and the math used to confirm you can account for the actions of 51% or more of TTVs

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794

I rarely get to watch VODs of my matches against TTVs, but it's always a treat. I recently had a streamer call me "Satan the Devil" to his one viewer because I... dodged some of his hatchetts and then stunned him with Head On.

I should really stop being so toxic.

JK - that comment still makes me laugh.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I don't twitch. Use to never watch anything. I do however watch youtube anytime I am feeding one of my twins (sure seems like alot) and I watch scorpianz to compare pigs and try new things, I watch aaron/aryun so I can keep up with all the extra curricular tech crap that might get pulled on me, and my personal favorite DEMI as well it's like watching DBD and stand up comedy rolled into one. Really love that guy.

• Tubby_Squirrel

Most streaming programs have a built in delay feature one can toggle for this exact reason.

• The_C12H15NO2
    The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 335

Basically, this is the type of streamer you're referring to:

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

This is why I always dodge TTV's because the majority of them are the biggest complainers and toxic rats out there.