Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What's your opinion on the new "improved" survivors?

Marigoria
Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

On the DBD official twitter, they posted images of the reworked Dwight and Meg so far.

I have my own opinions on the look of the new ones, but I'd like to see what everyone else thinks?

Are they a upgrade or downgrade? Why?

Which survivor (besides the base game ones), do you want to see reworked next and how would you rework them?

Edit: Typo

Comments

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

I guess they look better? Far too shiny, imo, and I don't like that the physics of the models didn't change to fit the new textures, so imo it looks worse in combination with the animations...if those get changed which they won't be since that only happened in January, then it'll be better.

But yeah, they look kind of like they're made out of wax. It's weird.

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454
    edited April 2021

Over all the models look better

But I don't quite like megs new brighter hair colour and New dwight looks... different. As if he got replaced by his stunt double

Maybe I only need some time to get used to them

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,404

They look decent, but i need to see them ingame before i can say it for sure.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890

They look better in some ways, and scarier in others lol - like some have mentioned, the waxy/shiny effect.

Overall a big improvement though.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,893
    edited April 2021

Overall I like them. They just need to make some adjustments like give Dweet his nervous facial expression and those wide puppy dog eyes. He is the nervous leader after all. Give him his defining traits.

They also look a bit too clean. The old models have a dirty/gritty look of people who have been through the trails of trying to survive in the Entity's realm.

• Name_Unavailable
    Name_Unavailable Member Posts: 519

I would say face-wise is bit of both positive and negative changes. specialy dweet. But it kinda hard to judge rn cuz i want to see what they look like with other hairstyle and outfits.

• JayDoesGames
    JayDoesGames Member Posts: 264

Liking them so far. Much improved in my opinion.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Give David tighter pants and we're set.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

I dont get how anyone sees this as an improvement, nothing about this says 5 years in the making.

You look at Trickster, you know they spent time and effort on him to make him, his hair, and his expressions natural and fitting of his character.

You look at these models, they all just look blah and dead. Nothing about them is special, nothing screams survivor or 'i have a unique personality', they just look like meh.

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429

I don't like them

• xEzekanarioX
    xEzekanarioX Member Posts: 378

They keep caring of the ######### skins, instead of fixing the game and balancing it. Smh why are we rewarding them -_-'

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 795

my actual opinion is, i still hate meg's hair, not for any graphical reason but it's still impossible and i think she has bad taste.

i think dwight's dimples deserve to stay and his head should be the same size it was before because now his hands are just noticeably gigantic instead of unnoticeably gigantic

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

Both are too smooth, feels like they've lost bit of their characteristics. Also too clean, where's the dirt and grime from being in the entities realm?

Meg looks too young, like 13-16.

Dont like Megs default hair, has a mullet vibe to it. Also not happy she lost the red hair.

Dwights hair looks more stiff, old Dwight hair looks more fluffy which I liked.

• beached
    beached Member Posts: 303
    edited April 2021

I personally love the new character models they just seem a bit too pristine. As a dwight simp I wish they wouldn't have softened his jawline as it kinda removes from his derpy handsome look to a degree. Also, he is missing his puppy dog eyes that every killer, at one point or another, have convinced them to give poor dweet the hatch.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited April 2021

I forgot to mention, and am shocked that noone else has yet: Dwight simply doesn't look like Dwight, but a deepfake. Someone put it well: he looks like the kid from Polar Express.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,214

Meg - Overall, I think she looks better, but I never had the issues with her face that others did. She also hasn't been a ginger for a long time (being more brunette with her base hair, which is being changed to a more blonde), so that's not really an issue for me, even if it is not shared with her portrait, which does annoy me. I don't care for the changes done to her hair (that wind-swept looking appearance in front of the middle braid looks ugly, and the braid is way too large), and her clothes could use a bit of dirtying up, but overall, not bad.

Dwight - I'm conflicted. On one hand, he looks much cleaner, which is a good thing. On the other hand, he lost so much of his character in the transition. Meg looks like Meg, Dwight looks like a cheap cosplay of Dwight that smoked all the weed. He doesn't look bad otherwise, he just doesn't look like Dwight.

Claudette - An improvement to be sure. Her hair could be fuller and her mouth looks kind of weird in-game, but everything else about her is better. The animation change also looks fantastic.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

The hair on Meg and Dwight looks awful.

Claudette the mouth looks weird but at least is closed now.

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,347

dwight lost his charm

meg look good (finally)

as for claudette for me she has to manly face

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,139

Meg's face looks better. She looks more worried, less judge-y, which is a good improvement imo. However, her original hair is bad, and her new hair is worse.

New Dwight looks weird. Really weird.

Claudette looks older, angry, and more masculine.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I think they're generally an improvement.

The only things that kind of bug me are the large changes to the characters' hair:

-Dwight's hair is shorter and cleaner, whereas beforehand it was pretty shaggy and unkempt.

-Meg is a brunette now. OG Meg was a redhead. The difference here is extremely noticeable.

...and their cleaner skin. Meg and Dwight have default outfits caked with dirt, sweat, and grime, yet now their arms (and Dwight's face) are nearly spotless. Just looks a little odd; I'm skeptical that the Entity provides a shower near the campfire.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

I don't personally like them all too much. Especially claudette, I hope these aren't final designs. The nurse update was soooo good I genuinely hope they make these ones better.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Great so far, but they gotta get back on the Dwight one.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
  • JetTheWaffleCat
    JetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284

I think they're pretty good and they're more consistient with DbD's updated style, but there's some things that could use improvement.

Give Meghead her red head back. Dwight's hair should be a bit floofier and his eyes should be a little bigger. Claudette looks amazing, can't think of anything to complain about her new model.

The dirtiness of their clothes is and the cleaness of the skin doesn't make a lot of sense.

I see a lot of people critiquing the lack of facial expression, but I think it's for reason. Faces are easier to consistiently animate if they have a similar resting expression, so maybe they might put effort in facial animations in the future.

But yeah, I'm liking the new models and they need a small amount of improvement.

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399

Ehhhh, I'm mixed on it.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

Just saw Claudette for most part she looks better, so far only one with hair I like. Like Meg and Dwight she looks too clean, needs some dirt and grime. Her face lost character, she just looks bored rather than nervous. Also, in video what happened to her top lip? It looks like they removed it.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

Better not lose my Kate jiggle...

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

I like them, I think with new model and facial rigs they could give them more expression

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

It's an improvement. However, it still leaves a lot to be desired. Still looks like DBD, and not in a good way.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I'm neutral on it. I like that they have more detailed textures and that they match the newer characters more. I also like that they're still recognizably themselves. But I agree with those who've said that seeing the characters with a perfectly neutral expression removes some of the personality they had.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

I agree with a majority of what people are saying here. The models look very good! I have a few gripes, like Dwight looking like an anime protagonist and Claudette's hairstyle change, but either they'll be addressed or it'll grow on me. I'm very eager to see what else they'll bring, especially with characters who've needed updates desperately like Laurie and Quentin.