Why is The Game still enabled?

Botiz
Botiz Member Posts: 483
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

Zero response from the devs about the god pallet count on that map, to no one's surprise because the communication between the devs and the community has been ######### appalling for the longest time, tempted to start disconnecting everytime I get it as killer, it's literally unplayable with half of the killer roster against a semi-capable team.

This is the first map in my 2+ years of playing DBD that literally makes me want to disconnect, i'd much rather spend 5 minutes spending bloodpoints than play on that absolutely atrocious map.

Yes, I just came from a game where 3 escaped, I was playing Wraith and pretty much couldn't do anything because there's so many god pallets that I can't do anything at.

inb4 this is moved to "Feedback & Suggestions" where no one will see it and nothing will change until the devs realise in 2 years time it needs reworking again, or until a certain lead balance person plays it and realizes how terrible it is

Comments

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

The game is still enabled because millions of people still enjoy playing it.

• PsyQuil77
    PsyQuil77 Member Posts: 130

Play Doctor with Calm addon Starstruck, Agitation, Iron Grip, and Thrilling Tremors/Oppression

Then take THAT to The Game . . . great game, then

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

The Game isn't that bad and hyperbole isn't going to serve your cause. You get used to the pallets and you learn the map. As the Killer you practice taking advantage of the drop downs and routes to cut the Survivors off. The reason they haven't taken it down is because after a period of adjustment it is business as usual at Gideon. I play Killer and put that map in every chance I get. :)

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

I played against a Wraith on The Game a few days ago. I actually managed to use Power Struggle without having been slugged for any amount of time, there are just that many pallets and sometimes the killer has no choice but to walk through them to get to a hook.

That poor Wraith, that was not a good match for him. :(

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

When you learn to make use of all the dead ends in that map, you'll learn to love the map as I have.

• Hero_awesome
    Hero_awesome Member Posts: 301
    edited May 2021

Preety sure most people here are either survivor mains or not rank 1 killers lol. If u don't think that map needs to be disabled your again a survivor main or not a rank 1 killer pure and simple. You can get some downs on that map but against a semi-decent team you'll lose almost every time.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,392

Maps only get disabled if there's a gamebreaking bug on the map.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

That's not really a thing. Those dead ends have at least one, likely more than one, god pallet in them and take ages to walk around because, well, it's only a dead end if you don't break the wall that would make map traversal significantly easier. They also don't do anything about the general gameplay of the map because killers have no way of zoning survivors into them. And even if they do run I to a dead end after wasting so much of your precious time holding W and predropping pallets, it's nothing more than a single hit which they can then use to start the pallet chain all over again.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

The Game is pretty well balanced. There's a lot of pallets, but not much else for survivors to work with. Generators are harder to find, and create dead ends. Once pallets get used, survivors have less to work with. I feel like as a killer I win most of my games on the map.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

The game has a large number of pallets on the top floor bc there are only 2 windows there and 1 leads to the bottom.

There is no way to weave pallets and windows there, so throwing pallets is the option.

• Ashlich
    Ashlich Member Posts: 119

Lol imagine thinking the developers play their own game. It's VERY obvious after a lot of their choices they simply do not. And even if they do, they do it on a fresh account at Rank 20.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Highly doubt they would remove a map from rotation unless it was bugged to the point of being borderline nonfunctional. Being simply poorly balanced is not that point, even if some people wish it were.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033
    edited May 2021

The Game isn’t that different from what it used to be. Pallet heaven with basically no windows.

Most maps have windows throughout so when the pallet is broken there still is the jungle gym window (etc) to contend with. The Game just slowly becomes a massive deadzone.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

You would be wrong. I play both Survivor and Killer and I sit at Rank-1-3 depending on the day and matches.

• wxnickxw
    wxnickxw Member Posts: 740

I am a survivor main and I know slot of survivors love the packing plant but honestly if they could just get rid of the meat plant and the silent hill school I'd be 100 percent ok with that cause I really don't like either of those maps

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340

Where was this hyperbole when the Game used to be the second easiest map to kill on?

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    edited May 2021

Maps are only disabled in the event of a heavily exploitable bug (I would assume you're being rhetorical but you never know with people on these forums). The Game is working just as intended, and the Devs are probably still collecting data. It's really not all that fantastic, either. Break pallets and force them to move onto the next room, eventually they'll run out and it's pretty unremarkable then. More often than not, you can trap them into a room, break the pallet, and get a down.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I mean if you wanna loop a single pallet against Doctor go ahead, you're eventually gonna get hit though.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

The game is fine, it used to be top killer map so it was toned down, adding more advanatges for survivors.

Now we just need the same to happen to Haddonfield making it more killer sided and it's going to be perfect.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I like playing weaker killers but it's not the best idea while that map exists in its current form, even if it is only one map. Even on haddonfield or old ormond or old thompson house it still felt like your actions have at least some effect on the outcome of the match. Might just try to build up map offerings for when I'm in a pig mood

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,085

I have played quite a bunch of games on The Game and it is my go-to Map for "Break X amount of Pallets"-Challenges (alongside Hawkins) and I dont think it is that bad.

IMO they should (like 100%) remove the Breakable Walls on this Map, because sometimes navigating is a pain on this Map and probably remove some of the Pallets, which should compensate for the Deadends caused by Breakable Walls.

Like, I had breakable Walls which forced me to go upstairs to get pass them and another time, the room under the big drop was completely shut down except for one entrance, the Bubba we faced had it really easy to get downs there, when someone unhooked, since there was only one way out.

But even in its current state, it is alright. Not the most exciting Map to play on and it never was a really good map gameplay-wise. However, it is not as bad as some people claim. The only Killers struggled with on this Map were Nurse and Trapper. Nurse was entirely on me, because I suck with her and Trapper was not good on The Game before, since you cannot really hide his Traps, so both are unrelated to the Rework.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

So, what would you propose how to balance the survivor nerfs the map had recived, instead of those pallets?